PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL teams change schemes/plays on weekly basis, the NYJ ran plays yesterday, they have not ran all season. Your second sentence is completely false; the Seahawks in week one ran a play right out of Auburn's playbook, with the exact design. A few days later Gus Malzahn, stated that he enjoyed seeing his plays make it to the NFL level. Read options, triple options, hybrid spread offenses, and zone blocking to a certain extent all orginally came from the college level. So YES it is possible for NFL teams to run "college plays", the Seahawks, Niners, and Jets do it all the time. Hell, the Redskins and Kyle Shannhan basically built a clone of Baylor's offensive scheme (hybrid spreadl, to maxmize RG3's playmaking abillity. I've already given you two examples,can you give me two to back up your statement?

Rex's gameplan on Monday included read option, and triple option looks, plays that Ryan has never in his tenure with the Jets. Next, You DO NOT win by running 45+ times,while passing only thirteen times. I don't care who the QB is, you HAVE to attempt to move the ball down the field, with an occasional play action, to catch the opposing team off guard. Rex's gameplan on monday was the equivalent to an offense being run in the '80s, .Your post was a whole load of drivel that did not debunk anything I stated. At this point Rex Ryan does NOT care, and why should he? He KNOWS he's he going to be fired. Coaches, athlethes, owner- they all lie. What do you expect Rex to say? Do younexpsct him to say "I hate this franchise"? Of course , he's going to say he believes he should be the coach of the Jets, why shouldn't he?

But it's all BS, and only narrow minded individuals such as yourself believe the BS coaches spout. He was FORCED to play Geno, and this was his response. If Rex Ryan is fired, he can lock up a network job, and he can possibly land a head coaching Job or a DC Job in December(Andy Reid signed with the Cheifs a few days after the season ended), while collecting his salary. Numerous football fans, not just Jet fans, agree with me.

You have to be one of the most ignorant, pompous assholes I've ever came across on the internet. You will never understand or know the schematics of the game, like me.
[/QUOTE]

images

NFL teams change schemes/plays on weekly basis, the NYJ ran plays yesterday, they have not ran all season. Your second sentence is completely false; the Seahawks in week one ran a play right out of Auburn's playbook, with the exact design. A few days later Gus Malzahn, stated that he enjoyed seeing his plays make it to the NFL level. Read options, triple options, hybrid spread offenses, and zone blocking to a certain extent all orginally came from the college level. So YES it is possible for NFL teams to run "college plays", the Seahawks, Niners, and Jets do it all the time. Hell, the Redskins and Kyle Shannhan basically built a clone of Baylor's offensive scheme (hybrid spreadl, to maxmize RG3's playmaking abillity. I've already given you two examples,can you give me two to back up your statement?

Yes!

(1). Whatever plays your Green Beans ran Monday night already were in their playbook. If you think they weren't, and installed an entirely new running scheme in one week, I'll buy your pet unicorn. Whether you see similar plays run at the collegiate level is irrelevant. Pro teams have hundreds of plays at their disposal, many of which aren't used in the course of a season. All are conducive to established scheme regardless of how rare and collegiately exotic they might appear to you.

(2). NFL teams DO NOT change schemes on a weekly basis, they DO change strategies and plays. Schemes are established during training cap.

Rex's gameplan on Monday included read option, and triple option looks, plays that Ryan has never in his tenure with the Jets. Next, You DO NOT win by running 45+ times,while passing only thirteen times. I don't care who the QB is, you HAVE to attempt to move the ball down the field, with an occasional play action, to catch the opposing team off guard. Rex's gameplan on monday was the equivalent to an offense being run in the '80s, .Your post was a whole load of drivel that did not debunk anything I stated. At this point Rex Ryan does NOT care, and why should he? He KNOWS he's he going to be fired. Coaches, athlethes, owner- they all lie. What do you expect Rex to say? Do younexpsct him to say "I hate this franchise"? Of course , he's going to say he believes he should be the coach of the Jets, why shouldn't he?
You really do enjoy your own fantasized conjecture. That's all you offer. New Jersey passed so little Monday night because they knew the running game was more effective. It almost was.

But it's all BS, and only narrow minded individuals such as yourself believe the BS coaches spout. He was FORCED to play Geno, and this was his response. If Rex Ryan is fired, he can lock up a network job, and he can possibly land a head coaching Job or a DC Job in December(Andy Reid signed with the Cheifs a few days after the season ended), while collecting his salary. Numerous football fans, not just Jet fans, agree with me.
Really? How many?

You have to be one of the most ignorant, pompous assholes I've ever came across on the internet.
Watch out, naughty talk like that gets people banned here.

You will never understand or know the schematics of the game, like me.
Good lord, I certainly hope so! That would force me to forget important knowledge conducive to insightfully enlightening football discussions here at Patsfans.com.

Last edited:
Rex Ryan finally has caught on: the Jets suck!

"Yeah, no question. Yep, absolutely, 100 percent. I'm embarrassed for myself absolutely," Ryan said. "It is, it's an embarrassment. It's definitely embarrassing to me. I feel like I've let my owner down. I've let our fan base down. So, yeah of course. There's no doubt."

Ref: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24862172/rex-ryan-im-embarrassed-for-myself

Also:

"Chris Johnson did a tremendous job. We wanted to have some fresh backs at the end of the year and we got them," Rex said before pausing in rather sad fashion. "I can't believe we're 2-10. It's a joke."

Ref: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24858946/rex-ryan-calls-jets-2-10-record-a-joke -

Exactly, this is why I want Idzik gone. We had a NEED at WR, and this was one of the deepest WR classes of all time, and he passed on WR after WR. We ended up with a 5'8" WR in round four, who is not even on this team anymore. His solution for CB, was Dimitri Patterson(he was cut before the season! )...he needs to go if's and's or but's. The gameplan was poor, I realize Geno is a terrible QB who is limited to say the least, but I'm pretty sure Geno can execute a play action It became obvious. after the first half, that we were just going to run gimmick plays, Philbin and Co made adjustments, and Rex failed to respond to Philbin's adjustments. Rex was not playing to win, and I can't believe posters actually think otherwise.

The problem is your idiot owner, kiddo.

I love watching the Jets fans drown for years hoping it will all get better someday - - just like the Redskins fans, Raiders fans and the Cowboys fans.

Psst, here's the central secret (and I won't charge you for the info) - - the salary cap era underscores the need for efficient management more than earlier eras. If ownership is incompetent, the team will ultimately fail. Some more spectacularly than others.

You must have some real envy issues coming here, but it is fun to have you. I don't understand the masochism of someone like you, but will enjoy the schadenfreude. We'll be the cat and you can be the ball of yarn.

The problem is your idiot owner, kiddo.

I love watching the Jets fans drown for years hoping it will all get better someday - - just like the Redskins fans, Raiders fans and the Cowboys fans.

Psst, here's the central secret (and I won't charge you for the info) - - the salary cap era underscores the need for efficient management more than earlier eras. If ownership is incompetent, the team will ultimately fail. Some more spectacularly than others.

You must have some real envy issues coming here, but it is fun to have you. I don't understand the masochism of someone like you, but will enjoy the schadenfreude. We'll be the cat and you can be the ball of yarn.
Things will certainly get better. We will not go 2-14 next year, book it. I doubt we'll make the playoffs, let alone win eight games, but I expect us to signficantly improve next season. I never once stated that Woody Johnson was/is a good owner, but we've had success under him, and I think we can do it again. You folks continue to ignore the fact that the Jets were a few plays away from getting to the SB!

Last edited:
Things will certainly get better. We will not go 2-14 next year, book it. I doubt we'll make the playoffs, let alone win eight games, but I expect us to signficantly improve next season. I never once stated that Woody Johnson was/is a good owner, but we've had success under him, and I think we can do it again. You folks continue to ignore the fact that the Jets were a few plays away from getting to the SB!

And the Cowboys won early in Jerry Jones' tenure and the Redskins went to the playoffs a couple of years ago. Once it rots with a bad owner, however, it rots for a looooonngg time.

We are so incredibly fortunate. I feel sorry for you.

You folks continue to ignore the fact that the Jets were a few plays away from getting to the SB!

The players who got you there are gone. The guy who brought most of them in is gone. The luck that got you there is gone.

What's left is a dumpster fire. Here's a good part of the reason:

Your owner is an idiot who fired two of the 3 main guys that got you there, and replaced them with the guy who's brought you

Calvin Pryor
Jace Amaro
Dexter McDougle
Jalen Saunders
Shaq Evans
Dakota Dozier
Jeremiah George
Brandon Dixon
Quincy Enunwa
IK Enemkpali
Tajh Boyd
Trevor Reilly
Dee Milliner
Sheldon Richardson
Geno Smith
Brian Winters
Oday Aboushi
William Campbell
Tommy Bohanon

It's a clown shoe convention over at the NYJ. But at least the Dimitri Patterson signing went well.

Things will certainly get better.
How? Why? If it's because they can't get much worse, you might find some agreement.

We will not go 2-14 next year, book it.
OK, 4-12 it is. But don't get greedy.

I doubt we'll make the playoffs,
Ya think?

You folks continue to ignore the fact that the Jets were a few plays away from getting to the SB!
Also, on Feb. 15, 2013 asteroid 2012 DA14 slipped in below the moon's orbit and squeaked by Earth just 17,200 miles from its surface!

And the Cowboys won early in Jerry Jones' tenure and the Redskins went to the playoffs a couple of years ago. Once it rots with a bad owner, however, it rots for a looooonngg time.

We are so incredibly fortunate. I feel sorry for you.

All of these faillures will have been worth it, when I watch my team raise the Lombardi Trophy.

All of these faillures will have been worth it, when I watch my team raise the Lombardi Trophy.

Tee hee.

All of your spam sandwiches will have been worth it when you win the lottery!

here's a dose of reality for you, kiddo. You can't get there without excellent personnel , quality ownership and efficient and effective management.

It's not something gained by daydreaming.

Nope! It hasn't happened in your lifetime so far, and never will. As you are so fond of saying, "book it."

Tee hee.

All of your spam sandwiches will have been worth it when you win the lottery!

here's a dose of reality for you, kiddo. You can't get there without excellent personnel , quality ownership and efficient and effective management.

It's not something gained by daydreaming.
Yes, because the Colts had such a great owner in Irsay when they won the SB!

Irsay got lucky, and so can Woody.

You're basically saying since ,The Jets will not won a SB in the near future, because they haven't won it since '69. That line of thinking is asinine.

Nothing you say will change my mind, I'll just remember this day /post when we raise the Lombardi trophy, one day.

Last edited:
Yes, because the Colts had such a great owner in Irsay when they won the SB!

Irsay got lucky, and so can Woody.

Your logic is "The Jets haven't won a SB in firty five years, therefore they will not win one any time soon". That's just silly and asinine.

Nothing you say will change my mind, I'll just remember this day /post when we raise the Lombardi trophy, one day.

That's the lottery, kid.

Sure, it's easy, just draft the next Peyton Manning! :D

You can always dream, but having a great organization built for the long-term is the right way to do it.

Post edit: Wait, wait, wait - - did you REALLY write "Your logic is "The Jets haven't won a SB in firty five years, therefore they will not win one any time SOON". That's just silly and asinine."

No, son. The Jets will not be winning anything of any import "anytime soon". And my logic is not based on the 'not winning for firty five years'. they won't win soon because they are a train wreck, football team-wise, front office-wise and ownership-wise. There are no sparks in the embers of that ash heap.

But keep hoping, we love to watch all you Kurt Paschkes cry in your beers.

Last edited:

Who will be the Jets #1 pick in in 2015? Who will be the one making that pick?

Well then, let me be the first to properly recognize the achievement.
Congratulations to the NYJ on making it to the AFCC and almost getting to the SB.
Too bad they didn't even get a hat or tee shirt though.

That's the lottery, kid.

Sure, it's easy, just draft the next Peyton Manning! :D

You can always dream, but having a great organization built for the long-term is the right way to do it.

Post edit: Wait, wait, wait - - did you REALLY write "Your logic is "The Jets haven't won a SB in firty five years, therefore they will not win one any time SOON". That's just silly and asinine."

No, son. The Jets will not be winning anything of any import "anytime soon". And my logic is not based on the 'not winning for firty five years'. they won't win soon because they are a train wreck, football team-wise, front office-wise and ownership-wise. There are no sparks in the embers of that ash heap.

But keep hoping, we love to watch all you Kurt Paschkes cry in your

Number One. What happened in the past will not affect what will or can happen in the future

Number two. I never said it would be easy; do not twist my words, to bolster your arguement. However, I did say that it's not the impossible task, that you and others have made it out to be.

Franchise Quarterbacks can make the worst of worst owners look competent. That's what we NEED. I believe there's a potential franchise QB in this draft and his name is Marcus Mariota. I can't say he's a sure thing, because you never know draft prospects will turn out, but he can and IMO will be the best QB(we've had in a while. No, he won't fix everything, but he's the first piece for a ,hopefully, sucessful rebuilding process.

Number One. What happened in the past will not affect what will or can happen in the future

Woody Johnson is not in the past, you poor soul.

And he ain't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Good luck getting any decent HC or GM willing to jump on that sinking ship of a franchise.

Face it. You're screwed.

Maybe you should take up an interest in Soccer?

Are you guys really trying to convince an idiot to not be an idiot?

Assume the position:

5881861191_90de8b5bc9.jpg

Woody Johnson is not in the past, you poor soul.

And he ain't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Good luck getting any decent HC or GM willing to jump on that sinking ship of a franchise.

Face it. You're screwed.

Maybe you should take up an interest in Soccer?

Jeebus, Tunie, you hit the LIKE button before I even finished typing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference