PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illustrated Dictionary from the football mind of Rex Ryan

Spread Offense
ea5734a59ebafbe5f3df19e7aff81bbe.jpg

Press coverage
jetsNYPost.jpg

Talent Evaluation
jets_graph-435x615.jpg

Super Bowl
2014-NFL-PreSeason.png

And of course, fancy footwork
rex-ryan-feet.jpg

Their new forum is still called JetsInsider. Looks the same except for a bit different format. Certainly smells the same.
i thought it would be the JetsIncester

Illustrated Dictionary from the football mind of Rex Ryan

Spread Offense ......Toughen up Wheelman
ea5734a59ebafbe5f3df19e7aff81bbe.jpg

Press coverage
jetsNYPost.jpg

Talent Evaluation
jets_graph-435x615.jpg

Super Bowl
2014-NFL-PreSeason.png

And of course, fancy footwork
rex-ryan-feet.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, jetsfan25678. Normally I wouldn't do this in the "Jets Suck" thread (because the title says it all; the contents just provide a useful reinforcement of the same), but I wanted to mention the major flaw in your "SB in five years" plan.
Fundamentally, the issue is that you're relying on too many "if's" panning out simultaneously: you'll win a SB:
  • If Woody Johnson fires both Idzik and Ryan,
  • If Woody Johnson hires competent replacements for both GM and HC,
  • If Woody Johnson actually cares about winning more than he cares about selling PSLs and season tickets,
  • If the new GM and HC are on the same page,
  • If they draft a competent franchise QB
  • If they repair the porous secondary,
  • If they upgrade the OL,
  • If they revamp their special teams unit,
  • If they hire a competent OC and QB coach who can prevent regression on the part of the new alleged franchise QB,
  • If they can avoid creating a media circus,
  • If they can beat the Patriots, Dolphins, and Bills,
  • And If they're still mostly healthy come playoffs,
they might have a chance to win a SB. That's a whole lot of conditionals, and there's probably a few more I've left off of that list. Any of those fall the wrong way, and the Jets are screwed. So good luck with your plan. You'd be better off buying Powerball tickets. A few wins, and maybe you and your friends could buy the team out from under Woody. :p

Let me cut it down to just the guys they'll need to hit at about a 100% rate in the draft -- without reference to the fact that they haven't addressed HC or GM:

• And If they're still mostly healthy come playoffs
So just in terms of draft picks (well, you can roll the dice on free agents too... but they cost more, by and large...) we have to have a 100% hit rate on talent at...

- QB
- Several O-line positions
- Most if not all of the secondary
- Special teams is a mess... let's say at least 3-4 "aces" on ST by JEST standards and some capable complements to them
- All of these guys, even if they have talent, either have to come in with the right attitude or somehow be disciplined into it to avoid the media circus... very overlooked strength in the stronger franchises...
- Healthy? LOL... even without getting the infrastructure (coaching and GM) and just holding the variables to the talent... hell, this one is the icing on the cake. We're sketching out a best possible scenario, never mind a "next man up" bonanza... and we already need at least a dozen full-on "hits" in the draft to get them to the point where it's worth considering the JEST. And along the way you have to account for "do-overs" as their guys fail to perform, especially the "franchise QB."

They only give you so much in the draft for your poor performance in season. They're doomed. Doomed.

I'm thinking they need to hit on a dozen or more blue-chip guys in the draft, in addition to the many other variables.

The Pats can tell you, as hard as it is to maintain the best team on the field possible, you have to continually and ruthlessly replace talent... but that's just the very first step.

This is just not a climbable mountain for the JEST. Free up your sked for 5 years, Jetsfan, then check back in. If the coach and GM are in place and you're regularly breaking .500, then get excited.

Hey, jetsfan25678. Normally I wouldn't do this in the "Jets Suck" thread (because the title says it all; the contents just provide a useful reinforcement of the same), but I wanted to mention the major flaw in your "SB in five years" plan.
Fundamentally, the issue is that you're relying on too many "if's" panning out simultaneously: you'll win a SB:
  • If Woody Johnson fires both Idzik and Ryan,
  • If Woody Johnson hires competent replacements for both GM and HC,
  • If Woody Johnson actually cares about winning more than he cares about selling PSLs and season tickets,
  • If the new GM and HC are on the same page,
  • If they hire a competent OC and QB coach who can prevent regression on the part of the new alleged franchise QB,
  • If they can beat the Patriots, Dolphins, and Bills,
  • And If they're still mostly healthy come playoffs,
they might have a chance to win a SB. That's a whole lot of conditionals, and there's probably a few more I've left off of that list. Any of those fall the wrong way, and the Jets are screwed. So good luck with your plan. You'd be better off buying Powerball tickets. A few wins, and maybe you and your friends could buy the team out from under Woody. :p
Good post.

A few wins, and maybe you and your friends could buy the team out from under Woody. :p

Why not, they sure spend enough money on billboards and airplanes towing banners... They could save a lot of money by just coming here and posting to the Jets Suck threads!

I think I will root for the green beans tonight. A fins loss and a few spots higher number in the draft for the beaners will be nice. Maybe some pea soup and spinach/avocado dip for good measure.

Last edited:
I agree...I fervently hope Geeee-No! has a real offensive explosion and the Jet fanbase goes all nutso gaa gaa goony as usual...hurting their draft slot and once again giving false hope to those falsie fans

Tonight, friends, we are all Jets fans. J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

The Jets can do the Patriots a huge favor tonite with a home win over the 6-5 Miami Dolphins. Geno Smith gets his job back tonight after Rex Ryan benched Michael Vick who took over from Geno Smith who got benched for sucking as a Quarterback. Yay! Go Geno!

Whatever. If somehow the Jets could hand the Dolphins their 6th loss, it would all but knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs and turn them into a lame duck for the game on December 13 at Gillette that could be the AFC East clincher.

J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

I don't want the Jets to have a valuable draft pick order
Also like the idea of Miami facing us bereft of any playoff hope

Go JETS!!!

I feel so dirty

I don't want the Jets to have a valuable draft pick order
Also like the idea of Miami facing us bereft of any playoff hope

Go JETS!!!

I feel so dirty

Rex says that if you cheer for the Jets and feel dirty, he'll give you a foot bath after the game.

It should be quite the apocalyptic scene tonight in New Giants Stadium. Unexpected rain will greet the few who show up. Gee-No! gets the start and reportedly (via NFLN) has been seen warming up dressed in all black! A Green Beans football funeral, perhaps?

I'm rooting for the Dolphins to lose.

I cannot bring myself to utter the sentence, "I'm rooting for the Jets".

If the Jets win a game in a stadium with no one there, is it really a win?

I just love philosophical conundrums....o_O

Read this JI thread before it's too late. You'll find Sooth trying to pretend it's not about him selling out, but about the CEO's "vision".

One more golden thread (tonight's game thread) before JI craps out and gets even worse as a slum in the Scout neighborhood.

If the Jets win a game in a stadium with no one there, is it really a win?

I just love philosophical conundrums....o_O
Yeah, it probably is. Since according to many of their fans, losses aren't really losses and things that can't be won (off-season) are considered victories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST