Since when you are Patriots fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
i love the Patriots since beginning '80 when in Italy they showed, for the first time, alive on tv, a Super Bowl (it was Super Bowl XV between Oak and Phi won by the Raiders 27-10)...

the reason why i choose New England ?

i liked immediately the uniforms (the reds + pat patriot) and it was immediately a love and passion...

form that year 1981 i started to be a real passionate Patriot fan and i reached in these years (january 1986) the 'maximum' reaching the Super Bowl (it was a beautiful run...) but the end was, as we know, bad.
A bad loss with the Bears...

Then the actualy glory,the dinasty in the NFL !

And then for me the best was last autumn (end october-beginning november) when i was able to come to Gillette Stadium, making a 'football holiday' in US, and able to see this year 2 NFL games at the stadium (i was on the 'red seats') screaming like a crazy...

I saw Bills @ Pats, Sunday Night and Colts @ Pats , Monday Night + 1 NHL game Bruins-Penguins.

i was able to make also a trip to the stadium, go inside, stay on the sidelines, go to the Pro Shop (spending a lot...).

and you ? when you started to love the Pats ?

This might be a fairly long story.. I'll try not to put anyone to sleep.
My grandmother was a HUGE sports fan. She lived in the same small town as us and I spent many afternoons on the weekend watching sports with her. Being in central Illinois at the time, we watched many a Cub game. She was a guiding influence in my life. She died in 1984.
My parents didn't like sports and really didn't want me to watch sports. I caught grief every time I tried. The year after my grandmother's death, I heard over and over about the Bears and the superbowl run.
For me, I was never one to follow the pack. So, I had to go with the team no one in my hometown believed in. Wasn't a great game for the Pats, but its been a love affair for 20+ years. That Sunday, watching the game by myself, I swear I felt her with me.

1980 for me. BTW, there are poster who have been pats fans since the 60's.

1963 saw my first game in Fenway Park in 65

It really depresses me to see how fickle some of the fans are in their reactions to the free agent period.

I believe we will have a good team this year.

As long as I can remember. I'm from Mass.

Since the OT thriller in the 93 reg season finale against the Fins. TD pass from Drew to seal it - awesome game! I adopted them as 'my' team them b/c here in VA there's either Redskin, Cowboy or Steeler fans so I thought I'd go against the grain- has worked for me so far!

Since the late 70's With Hannah and the like, but was a little young then to really understand football. Really started following them hard in the Mid 80's and have watched every game since.

Last edited:
Been a Patriots fan since the mid 60's...back when Nick Bounoconti was a Patriot MLB , NOT a Dolphin. Gino, Bo Nance,Babe Parilli, Dr Bill Lenkaitis,Jim Hunt, Houston Antwine, Joe Bellino...the lsit goes on...I loved that team and began my switch from NFL Giants fan to AFL Patriots fan at that time

here's a link to a restaurant ad from that time period....a joint up in Boston...check the prices...

29-AdCobbs.jpg

Since my father moved to Rhode Island - 20 years before I was born.

My story is actually pretty funny. I was never much of a football fan growing up. In high school we always played Tecmo Bowl. I was good...real good and never lost. Of course we were always the Bears or 49ers. Finally my friends got tired of me winning all the time so I offered to use a bad team. I selected the Patriots. When I finally started to get interested in real football, that was just the team I started rooting for even though I live in the middle of Kansas. I've been a fan since 91'

Since 1979. I was 11 years old. My stepfather was a football fan, which influenced me. I grew up in the New Haven area of CT, so the Jets, Giants and Pats were always on. I made my choice to go with Grogan & company and never looked back. Although I missed a lot in 93-94 while I spent a couple years in the FL keys.

Prime Rib Roast Beef for $3.85?

Dinner for $2.65?

Luncheon for $0.99?

since 1960 to 1995
think i paid $65.00 season ticket
last year my son paid $750.00

pats60 said:
since 1960 to 1995
think i paid $65.00 season ticket
last year my son paid $750.00

so, pats60, you was a fan from day 1 like NEM i think.

there are others from day 1 ? From the Boston Patriots times ?

The New England Patriots born only on 1971.

Compliments anyway !

I was 3 when I went to my first game:

Date - September 19, 1971
Teams - Oakland Raiders @ New England Patriots
Location - Schaefer Stadium
Score - 20-6 Patriots

since 1979...when i was 9...moved to Barrington, RI for a year and became a fan instantly.....i apologize, though, because I was already a cowboy (1975) and bronco (1978) fan....i remain a staunch supporter of all three teams to this day....at one point, they were three of my five favourite teams in all of sports...but since the Expos and Winnipeg Jets cease to exist, they are now my three favourite teams in sports....i don't cheer for one team over another when they play each other....i beleive i have a unique, unbiased perspective of the NE-Den game as a result, and I thought the broncos were very fortunate to win....NE beat themselves, with a nice dose of help from the zebras.

Joker said:
Been a Patriots fan since the mid 60's...back when Nick Bounoconti was a Patriot MLB , NOT a Dolphin. Gino, Bo Nance,Babe Parilli, Dr Bill Lenkaitis,Jim Hunt, Houston Antwine, Joe Bellino...the lsit goes on...I loved that team and began my switch from NFL Giants fan to AFL Patriots fan at that time

here's a link to a restaurant ad from that time period....a joint up in Boston...check the prices...

29-AdCobbs.jpg

you too, with p8ryts, are fans from the real beginning more or less. compliments !

ps = the prices...not bad...

Was aware of the Pats in the 60's, became a real fan when I purchased season Tickets when Schaefer stadium opend up IIRC tickets in the end zone were ~$45: & reg & 2 preseason games. I was in HS and brought my little brother to the games.

ayjackson said:
since 1979...when i was 9...moved to Barrington, RI for a year and became a fan instantly.....i apologize, though, because I was already a cowboy (1975) and bronco (1978) fan....i remain a staunch supporter of all three teams to this day....at one point, they were three of my five favourite teams in all of sports...but since the Expos and Winnipeg Jets cease to exist, they are now my three favourite teams in sports....i don't cheer for one team over another when they play each other....i beleive i have a unique, unbiased perspective of the NE-Den game as a result, and I thought the broncos were very fortunate to win....NE beat themselves, with a nice dose of help from the zebras.

personally nothing contrary on a DAL-NE Super Bowl next year !

it could be very very interesting game...

patsfan13 said:
Was aware of the Pats in the 60's, became a real fan when I purchased season Tickets when Schaefer stadium opend up IIRC tickets in the end zone were ~$45: & reg & 2 preseason games. I was in HS and brought my little brother to the games.

compliments you too. fan, too, from day one more or less.
Boston Patriots times.

nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back