PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Vincent say they are keeping the "tush push" because the Eagles "do it well."

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score

He can't be expected to take away what the Eagles do well. After all, he engineered it so that in the 2017 Super Bowl, there were 2 ways of ruling a catch was made when a player lost control after going to ground, and wouldn't you know it, the refs employed both rules when they judged against the New England Patriots on 2 different plays.

Any team can do it. Maybe other teams should practice doing it as well as the eagles. With Brissett as qb, pats could (in theory) be very good at this.

Last edited:
Wasn’t Kelce a key part of that? He’s retired now.

How well did they do it last season..?

If every team was doing it, and it was an automatic first down, I would entertain banning it (because it would become really boring). But it seems like the Eagles were the only team that could pull it off consistently, and even they were less effective last year than the year before. So banning it would be silly.

Also, though unrelated, Troy Vincent is a piece of ****.

What made Brady so good at the QB sneak? What makes it difficult for a team to do the Tush Push or a QB sneak?

What made Brady so good at the QB sneak? What makes it difficult for a team to do the Tush Push or a QB sneak?
Everytime Brady had 3rd and 1 4th and 1, I always held my breath, but I also knew he would make it like clock work and you were absolutely shocked if he didn’t. Anyone know the all time percentage on his sneak? I imagine it must be around 97% for his career.

Cannot say that I care ... other teams need to catch up.

Troy Vincent is in the Eagles team Hall of Fame. Just a coincidence I’m sure. Dumb as dogshit but “presents” well so that’s how he makes it to EVP level in that ridiculous clown car they have going at 345 Park Avenue.

Like I said. It won't be banned until the Eagles win another Super Bowl.

I think this became less effective last year because the refs caught on to the fact that the Eagles were cheating the spot of the ball forward before the snap a half yard with regularity. Once that started being watched more closely, this became less effective. Still a good play and obviously they are good at it, but probably not as automatic as it was.

I can't believe the people here who think it's a good play and should be legal. It's a freaking rugby maneuver. Whatever happened to the NFL ruling it illegal to assist a ballcarrier? Next we'll be seeing offensive linemen picking up running backs and carrying them over the goal line. This stuff is nuts.

I have no problem with it being a legal play.

I do have a problem with a former player of said team using the rationale for it being legal is that that team does it well.

Vincent said, is that it’s a credit to the Eagles that they’ve found a short-yardage play that works so well for them.
“Their success rate, just amazing,” Vincent said.

I can't believe the people here who think it's a good play and should be legal. It's a freaking rugby maneuver. Whatever happened to the NFL ruling it illegal to assist a ballcarrier? Next we'll be seeing offensive linemen picking up running backs and carrying them over the goal line. This stuff is nuts.
Maybe the linemen can pick up the RB and toss, hurl or fling him over the goal line pile. Pass the man and the ball. I'm starting to see a whole new offense...that Troy Vincent is a real genius.

I have no problem with it being a legal play.

I do have a problem with a former player of said team using the rationale for it being legal is that that team does it well.

Vincent said, is that it’s a credit to the Eagles that they’ve found a short-yardage play that works so well for them.
“Their success rate, just amazing,” Vincent said.
Very sophisticated the way they hide their favoritism right in front of the media who can't fathom what language it is.

Trois Vincente cautiously bastante a estudiando que un flavor y un certain je ne sais quoi om-fray is-hay mentos, Roget Gudell.

it's a ******** play and should be legislated out of the game. The NFL has effed with the rules relentlessly over the years, especially when a certain team used said rule or rules and found loopholes in said rule or rules to give them an edge. This tush push doesn't really seem to be a "football" play. So, you're going to ban guys jumping over the center on FG attempts but you're A OK with 27 guys pushing the qb forward from behind the LOS?
Simple, make a rule that stated no player may assist another player in moving forward with the ball from behind the LOS, or something akin to that.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back