PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Vincent say they are keeping the "tush push" because the Eagles "do it well."

I think one thing that seems lost in conversation is that this play seems like it'd have a high likelihood of injury? All that strength on one side versus the other pressing one person in the middle. I guess it hasn't happened but that doesn't mean it won't, and when it does, might not be pretty.

Tush push shouldn’t be banned nor should it even be considered.
It’s a good play. If it was so easy all teams would do it
I have no problem with it being a legal play.

It absolutely should be banned because IT'S NOT FOOTBALL. Up until this nonsense came about assisting a ballcarrier was penalized. In fact, it's still on the books as a 10-yard penalty. So now, just because of Vincent and all the rules committee idiots who think what the Eagles have done is "fun" and has a cute name, the rule has become bastardized. Seeing it done further in other ways is inevitable.

Patriots run 4 OL plays to win a playoff game, totally legal: "DECEPTION!!!! Change the rule!!!"

Eagles run "tush push" which is in a gray area legally to win many games, including playoff games: "Why ban it? They're amazing"

I despise Vincent and would be happy to never hear his name again, no questions asked.

But they didn't keep the rule because the Eagles do it well. :rofl:

It’s a good play. If it was so easy all teams would do it
This. This is basically the same thing as Polian whining about our corners roughing up the Colts dainty little receivers and getting the rules changed. "We aren't good enough to find a way around it so you need to make rules to benefit us." If you're for this rule change you're basically on the side of Polian.

Last edited:
It absolutely should be banned because IT'S NOT FOOTBALL. Up until this nonsense came about assisting a ballcarrier was penalized. In fact, it's still on the books as a 10-yard penalty. So now, just because of Vincent and all the rules committee idiots who think what the Eagles have done is "fun" and has a cute name, the rule has become bastardized. Seeing it done further in other ways is inevitable.
It's the basketball-ization of football.

Maybe the linemen can pick up the RB and toss, hurl or fling him over the goal line pile. Pass the man and the ball. I'm starting to see a whole new offense...that Troy Vincent is a real genius.

Yup, now it's only a matter of time.

dwarf1.jpg

I can't believe the people here who think it's a good play and should be legal. It's a freaking rugby maneuver. Whatever happened to the NFL ruling it illegal to assist a ballcarrier? Next we'll be seeing offensive linemen picking up running backs and carrying them over the goal line. This stuff is nuts.
Serious question. Is assisting the ball carrier still a penalty?

Every game I watch I always ask what happened to the rule that you aren’t allowed to assist a ball carrier, I don’t know if they did away with the rule but they haven’t been enforcing it for years, how many times a game do you see a ball carrier gain yardage and then when he gets stood up by a couple defenders a couple offensive linemen come running full speed crashing into the pile trying to push the ball carrier forward. To me that is a dangerous play but it happens all the time. It also happens when a running back is close to the goal line.

Just another proof of the NFLs HYPOCRACY Player health policy is only a SELECTIVE issue

The whole hip drop ridiculousness points this out clearly. To add to the selective enforcement issues. The only way a defender can bring someone down will be to dive at a player's knee. That will be disastrous for the ball carriers and increase dangerous neck and head injuries for defenders .

UNBELIEVABLE stupidity.

Just another proof of the NFLs HYPOCRACY Player health is only a SELECTIVE issue The whole hip drop ridiculousness points this out clearly. To add to the selective enforcement issues. The only way a defender can bring someone down will be to dive at a player's knee. That will be disastrous for the ball carriers and increase dangerous neck and head injuries for defenders .

UNBELIEVABLE stupidity.
They only care about player's safety optics. The rest is BS.

Last edited:
Maybe the linemen can pick up the RB and toss, hurl or fling him over the goal line pile. Pass the man and the ball. I'm starting to see a whole new offense...that Troy Vincent is a real genius.
I'd like to see that. That would be great if the running back holding the ball was picked off mid air in the endzone by a linebacker and ran back for a touchdown. Linebacker running down the field carrying a running back like a bag of groceries.

I'd like to see that. That would be great if the running back holding the ball was picked off mid air in the endzone by a linebacker and ran back for a touchdown. Linebacker running down the field carrying a running back like a bag of groceries.

Thing is, though, that linebacker would have to take the ball into his possession or else it would just be a safety.

Jalen gonna get Hurts. You know, maybe we've already seen that it does take a toll on him? We'll see if his effectiveness keeps falling off.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back