PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A question for Patriot fans

Lambeau12

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
First off not to bring up bad memories but In our Super Bowl matchup in 1996 do you guys think you win that game if Desmond Howard doesn’t return that kickoff for a Touchdown early in the 4th quarter? You guys think that Pats team was as good as the Super Bowl teams with Brady?

If Parcells was concentrated more...that team was good and talented
Loved also 1976 and 1985 Pats teams if we look the past

Pats should have won it all allready on 1976 and that would probably have been an impact on the franchise overall

If Parcells was concentrated more...that team was good and talented
Loved also 1976 and 1985 Pats teams if we look the past

Pats should have won it all allready on 1976 and that would probably have been an impact on the franchise overall
If I remember right 10 of our 35 points were because of Desmond Howard. The other return he set us up with good field position that resulted in 3 points.

Yes, and Tuna Crap was too busy dealing with his future team in NJ to kick it away from Howard.

And no, that team wasn't as good, mostly because of the QBs. One of my lasting memories of Bledsoe was of him throwing one off his back foot in that SB that was 15 yards behind Shawn Jefferson and easily got picked off. You could say that Drew Favred on that one.

If I remember right 10 of our 35 points were because of Desmond Howard. The other return he set us up with good field position that resulted in 3 points.
When we were up if i remember well with a td from Bledsoe to Coates i believed...
DH return killed us

First off not to bring up bad memories but In our Super Bowl matchup in 1996 do you guys think you win that game if Desmond Howard doesn’t return that kickoff for a Touchdown early in the 4th quarter? You guys think that Pats team was as good as the Super Bowl teams with Brady?

Absolutely not. Packers win that game 9.5 times out of 10. The Packers pass rush, the Patriots o-line, and Drew Bledsoe make that a virtually un-winnable game for the Patriots. I felt like when they came back in the first half they were extremely lucky to be in the game and never thought they had any chance after the kickoff TD.

Absolutely not. Packers win that game 9.5 times out of 10. The Packers pass rush, the Patriots o-line, and Drew Bledsoe make that a virtually un-winnable game for the Patriots. I felt like when they came back in the first half they were extremely lucky to be in the game and never thought they had any chance after the kickoff TD.
I wonder if we didn’t choke against Seattle how the Super Bowl in 2014 would have turned out against you guys.

I wonder if we didn’t choke against Seattle how the Super Bowl in 2014 would have turned out against you guys.
Still can’t believe you guys lost that one. Although it was at least amusing because so many Seahawks fans stormed out before it was over and missed the ending. You spend all that money for an NFC Championship game and don’t even stay until the end…That was beyond ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Realistically they were lucky to even be there. Got a huge assist from the Jaguars knocking off a powerhouse Broncos team one of the biggest upsets in recent memory.

Realistically they were lucky to even be there. They can thank the Jacksonville Jaguars for that.
Yeah, I don’t think they beat Denver. Definitely a crazy turn of events, but it was still a fun - and unexpected - season.

I think they had a shot if prime Brady was there. Brady wouldn’t have played bombs away through the 4th quarter like Drew did with the obvious mismatch between Reggie White and Max Lane.

That was a good team though. Some of the foundation on defense for Dynasty 1.0 was there though not ready for prime time yet. Wish they kept running Curtis Martin through the 4th quarter.

Still can’t believe you guys lost that one. Although it was at least amusing because so many Seahawks fans stormed out before it was over and missed the ending. You spend all that money for an NFC Championship game and don’t even stay until the end…That was beyond ridiculous. :rolleyes:
That was the toughest loss ever in my history of being a fan.

Realistically they were lucky to even be there. Got a huge assist from the Jaguars knocking off a powerhouse Broncos team one of the biggest upsets in recent memory.
I lost my car keys at that jags game... 11 year old kid named Victor went thru all the spent beer cups and food wrappers and found em... good times

I think they had a shot if prime Brady was there. Brady wouldn’t have played bombs away through the 4th quarter like Drew did with the obvious mismatch between Reggie White and Max Lane.

That was a good team though. Some of the foundation on defense for Dynasty 1.0 was there though not ready for prime time yet. Wish they kept running Curtis Martin through the 4th quarter.
I cannot believe we never had a rematch since. We’ve had many opportunities to have one.

I lost my car keys at that jags game... 11 year old kid named Victor went thru all the spent beer cups and food wrappers and found em... good times
How did you end up losing your car keys?

With all due respect I wish you guys beat the Giants in the 07 NFC Championship game and the 2011 divisional round ;) That team with Coach Coughlin had our number in the Super Bowl
I just don’t see us beating you guys in 2007. You guys would have beaten us bad. 2011 I think we had a chance.

I was at that game. It was insanely cold that day and definitely a tough back and forth right up until Otis Smith’s play at the end.

That game and the Super Bowl was what inspired my cheesy Patriots page on Geocities that ultimately led to this place. :cool:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back