PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Since when you are Patriots fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many beautiful stories so far (i.e. the dad of patsfan 13 that was like a little kid when we won against STL and he is now in the mid of 80' now).

i was that night alone in front of the tv dressed like a Patriot happy like
you do not imagine when Adam made the FG and, then, unable to sleep...

what a night !!!

finally we were the number one !!!
we were NFL Champions !

Last edited:
italianpatthepatriot said:
as far as i know we are approx 5-6.

i'm one of the 'leaders'.

infortunately i live in a 'soccer' country as surely you know
Of course, soccer, the most popular worldwide game, and we "stole" the name football, even though the foot is only used in a small percentage of plays in the American game.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Of course, soccer, the most popular worldwide game, and we "stole" the name football, even though the foot is only used in a small percentage of plays in the American game.

anyway i prefere the NFL the best sport for me.

petty that i do not live in US

not easy to see here the NFL...

only two games a week...

I've been a Patriots fan since around the 64-65 seasons. Not much TV coverage back then that I remember but I used to listen to the games on the radio all the time. I remember going outside with my old watermellon shaped football and pretending I was the 'Babe' or Gino or Nick...boy...seems like forever ago!

People that haven't loyally followed this team over the years like I have really have no clue...these last few years have been more than a dream come true. I have faith in BB, SP, and the Kraft family to continue to bring winning Patriots football to all TRUE Patriots Fans for years to come.

20+ years now...

Born in 72' & raised in southern California (Orange County) my first Fball banner was a Steelers (I thought the logo was cool, and my Dad bought it for me at a swapmeet).

Up until 1985, I had no real team that I associated myself to, but I did watch the Rams (Anahiem), Chargers, and Niners - you have to remember that in those days, the Lakers dominated 12 year old's minds...

In 1985 my best friend had a Chicago businessman as a Father and they had a mega SB party that I went to. Just to piss off Chad's Father, we went out and purchased all of the Patriots gear that we could find and came to the party as Pats fans- it just seemed to stick from there.

Like most of you here, I am also a major NCAA Fball fan, and when Bledsoe was entering the draft out of Washington St., I was hoping that Pats would nab him!

I actually ended up moving with my wife to Massachusetts in 1995, (hows that for loyalty!!!) and now live in Portsmouth, NH with my wife and our 2 little boys who will one day be drafted by their beloved New England Patriots!

RyeMan said:
In 1985 my best friend had a Chicago businessman as a Father and they had a mega SB party that I went to. Just to piss off Chad's Father, we went out and purchased all of the Patriots gear that we could find and came to the party as Pats fans- it just seemed to stick from there.

@ the stadium there were more CHI fans or NE fans ?

if i remember correctly there were more Bears fans

I have been a fan since birth (1967)

I became a die-had Patriots fan on November 12, 1978. My father took me to my first game that day - versus the Houston Oilers. New England led 23-0.....and lost 26-23. Being only 10 years old, I was devastated, but that day became the launching point. My family became season ticket holders the following season.

bostonbuzz said:
I've been a Patriots fan since around the 64-65 seasons. Not much TV coverage back then that I remember but I used to listen to the games on the radio all the time. I remember going outside with my old watermellon shaped football and pretending I was the 'Babe' or Gino or Nick...boy...seems like forever ago!

People that haven't loyally followed this team over the years like I have really have no clue...these last few years have been more than a dream come true. I have faith in BB, SP, and the Kraft family to continue to bring winning Patriots football to all TRUE Patriots Fans for years to come.
I know what you mean, all those years when the Dolphins owned us, two wins a year almost guaranteed for them. Not knowing if the team would stay in N.E. because they couldn't get a stadium built. I was amazed when we even got into the super bowls against the Bears, and then the Packers, and then when we actually won one, then another and another. Astounding.

my screen name probably gives me away.from the getgo-1960-i was 7. everyone in the boston area was pretty much a nygiants fan at the time-since they were always on tv. i stayed a giants fan for the first coupla pats seasons-while still being a pats fan. no conflict-since the afl anf nfl didnt play each other yet. also the pats werent on tv much. then my dad started taking us to pats games-from then on-we were all 100% Boston Patriots(a far superior name to "new england")fans. i got into fights at school since a lot of other kids were still giants fans and made fun of the pats and the afl. ive seen the pats play at every home venue they ever played in(cept birmingham,ala)-fenway,harvard,bc,bu and schaeffer/sullivan/gillette. jim nance was my favorite player in the early days-but buono,babe,gino and that great dl were all great.and like another poster said-NICK BUONICANTI WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE BOSTON PATRIOT,NOT A DOLPHIN. had kraft owned the team-he never would have left. i will never forget one game at harvard in the mid60's-i think we were playing the jets-the pats were down by 20+ late in the 4th-it was a cold,nasty,rainy sunday-neither me nor my brother objected when my dad deceided to beat the traffic and leave(something we NEVER did-and, after this,never did again). we were in the parking lot walking towards our car when a huge roar comes up from the stadium. we look at each other and start walking faster to the car. a minute later, an even bigger roar comes up. we BOLT for the car and turn on the radio-and hear something like this, "..the greatest comeback in patriots history...". they had scored something like 3 tds in a couple of minutes to win the game. i think its still the greatest comeback in their history. weird thing is-we never did beat the traffic. the game was so exciting we didnt want to leave-we just stayed in the car and listened to the last few minutes on the radio. i dont think any of us ever enjoyed being in a trafffic jam more than the one that day. and im with the poster who couldnt believe the whining by some pats fans here-we are beyond blessed to have kraft,bb and co. running the classiest organization in pro sports. the pats will be one of the strongest teams in the nfl again-with a good shot at another title-and i dont see this changing much over the next few years.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I was amazed when we even got into the super bowls against the Bears, and then the Packers, and then when we actually won one, then another and another. Astounding.

Right there with you. Empty seats and blackouts. There was more than enough room for the half-time band at Schaefer - they used to own the corner end-zone section, then reverted to the upper seats of the endzone. In the early 80's the Patriots did away with cheerleaders altogether. Super Bowl XX was a dream, a once in a lifetime chance...or so I thought at the time. :)

SuperBowlXXb.JPG

Since 1971... especially the last game of the season, when Plunkett beat the Colts.

jimleehunt said:
my screen name probably gives me away.from the getgo-1960-i was 7. everyone in the boston area was pretty much a nygiants fan at the time-since they were always on tv. i stayed a giants fan for the first coupla pats seasons-while still being a pats fan. no conflict-since the afl anf nfl didnt play each other yet. also the pats werent on tv much. then my dad started taking us to pats games-from then on-we were all 100% Boston Patriots(a far superior name to "new england")fans. i got into fights at school since a lot of other kids were still giants fans and made fun of the pats and the afl. ive seen the pats play at every home venue they ever played in(cept birmingham,ala)-fenway,harvard,bc,bu and schaeffer/sullivan/gillette. jim nance was my favorite player in the early days-but buono,babe,gino and that great dl were all great.and like another poster said-NICK BUONICANTI WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE BOSTON PATRIOT,NOT A DOLPHIN. had kraft owned the team-he never would have left. i will never forget one game at harvard in the mid60's-i think we were playing the jets-the pats were down by 20+ late in the 4th-it was a cold,nasty,rainy sunday-neither me nor my brother objected when my dad deceided to beat the traffic and leave(something we NEVER did-and, after this,never did again). we were in the parking lot walking towards our car when a huge roar comes up from the stadium. we look at each other and start walking faster to the car. a minute later, an even bigger roar comes up. we BOLT for the car and turn on the radio-and hear something like this, "..the greatest comeback in patriots history...". they had scored something like 3 tds in a couple of minutes to win the game. i think its still the greatest comeback in their history. weird thing is-we never did beat the traffic. the game was so exciting we didnt want to leave-we just stayed in the car and listened to the last few minutes on the radio. i dont think any of us ever enjoyed being in a trafffic jam more than the one that day. and im with the poster who couldnt believe the whining by some pats fans here-we are beyond blessed to have kraft,bb and co. running the classiest organization in pro sports. the pats will be one of the strongest teams in the nfl again-with a good shot at another title-and i dont see this changing much over the next few years.

beautiful post too.

The party was in California at their home. However, Chad & I were the ONLY Pats fans there.

who was at the stadium the day of the Snow Plow Game ?

it was 12 december 1982...

who was from you one of the 25716 fans at the stadium ?

pls tell me...

how it was ?

yep

p8ryts said:
It really depresses me to see how fickle some of the fans are in their reactions to the free agent period.

I believe we will have a good team this year.

I second that!

Since 1978

I live in Halifax,NS, The networks were allowed to broadcast NFL after the CFL was finished in late November,and cable stared to show the local (ie North east)
Nbc feed (I think it was Nbc),and the Pats were on a lot,I dont miss a game now...

Murphys95 said:
I became a die-had Patriots fan on November 12, 1978. My father took me to my first game that day - versus the Houston Oilers. New England led 23-0.....and lost 26-23. Being only 10 years old, I was devastated, but that day became the launching point. My family became season ticket holders the following season.

i should have been devasted too with this kind of loss...

leaving by 23 points and loosing 26-23...

good ole pissing contest....

ridiculous...everyone has been a fan since day one....right?

sdaniels7114 said:
I met Grogan in like '75 or so, I was 6 IIRC. It was at the ice skateing ring at Daly field in Brighton. His was my first autograph.
Used to coach a softball team there....Daly Field....interesting!! The rink that is now...for kayaks...(I think)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft