Saban on Culpepper

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
... how's this for an example of ambiguity.... my head was simming trying to
figure out what he was really saying ... any ideas?
---------------------------------------------------
KFFL reports:
Dolphins | Saban updates Culpepper's rehab
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:38:00 -0700

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban updated what the doctors have said about QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) during his press conference Friday, June 9. Saban said, "The doctors have told us that what he needs to do right now is things that he needs to do at his position. That he has the strength and stability to do everything that he needs to do at his position and the best part, the next step of his rehab, would be to do things that he does at his position and play his position. Even if he may not be 100 percent in terms of his mobility or movement, it's still the best rehab for him right now as well as the rest of what he does in his rehab to continue to develop."

:rofl:

In other words, looks like Joey will get his big chance in September.

I think what's he's saying is that Culpepper isn't physically ready but needs to be rushed back into playing. :D

Last edited:
Its all bullsh*t, you don't go all out to sign a washed up former starter if your #1 is going to be ready to open up the season. Give it a break. Joey will be the starter week 1 vs. the Steelers when they roll into the Burgh' and get killed on national TV. When Culpepper is ready he won't fair much better trust me.

Last edited:
JR4 said:
KFFL reports:

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban updated what the doctors have said about QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) during his press conference Friday, June 9. Saban said, "The doctors have told us that what he needs to do right now is things that he needs to do at his position. That he has the strength and stability to do everything that he needs to do at his position and the best part, the next step of his rehab, would be to do things that he does at his position and play his position. Even if he may not be 100 percent in terms of his mobility or movement, it's still the best rehab for him right now as well as the rest of what he does in his rehab to continue to develop."

You sure that wasn't John Madden?

"Now here's a guy that when he runs, he goes faster"

pats1 said:
In other words, looks like Joey will get his big chance in September.

Man the Dolphins are going to get killed by the Steelers defense:D

I love it:rocker:

I'm curious. Can folks recall any QBs who switched teams and really turned out to be a winning QB ??

Going way back, I think Plunkett would qualify.
Currently, probably Jake Plummer.

Anybody else ?

Saban is running on hype, when the hype runs out he may be run out.

Almost happened last year.

Pep and Joey better do something or Saban could go the way of Spurrier(sp).?

arrellbee said:
I'm curious. Can folks recall any QBs who switched teams and really turned out to be a winning QB ??

Anybody else ?
Rich Gannon (KC-Oak), Trent Green (Wash-StL-KC), Joe Montana (SF-KC), Trent Dilfer(TB-Bal), Vinny Testaverde (TB-Cle-NYJ), Jim Harbaugh (CHi-INd), Jake the Fake (ari-Den), Doug Williams (TB-Was), Bledsoe (we'll see in Dallas), Randall Cunningham(Phi-Minn), Warren Moon(Hou-Minn), Brad Johnson (Wash-TB-Minn), Kerry Collins (Car-NYG).

MrTibbs said:
Its all bullsh*t, you don't go all out to sign a washed up former starter if your #1 is going to be ready to open up the season. Give it a break. Joey will be the starter week 1 vs. the Steelers when they roll into the Burgh' and get killed on national TV. When Culpepper is ready he won't fair much better trust me.

Actually, ya never know what side of the fence the BS is on. It's obvious that Daunte is a chop block away from a finished career which is why they got an overrated back up. BUT...there's also a good chance Daunte is recovering just fine and they're playing it down. Happens all the time and the Phins are kings of deception...which I can't figure out why. The strategy never works for them. They still suck!

JR4 said:
KFFL reports:

Based on other articles I've read I think Saban is trying to say that the next step for DC's recovery is to simply play the QB position in practices etc. where his knee will be forced to hold up under runs, cuts etc. Strenght wise his leg is in good shape but he'll need to start putting his knee to more and more stress but there are no better exercises to do in rehabbing than just playing. I'm too lazy to get it but at herald.com there is an article on the mini-camp which was very positive on his return. Saban is non-commital but most players think he looks like he'll be ready to start the season.

PonyExpress said:
Rich Gannon (KC-Oak), Trent Green (Wash-StL-KC), Joe Montana (SF-KC), Trent Dilfer(TB-Bal), Vinny Testaverde (TB-Cle-NYJ), Jim Harbaugh (CHi-INd), Jake the Fake (ari-Den), Doug Williams (TB-Was), Bledsoe (we'll see in Dallas), Randall Cunningham(Phi-Minn), Warren Moon(Hou-Minn), Brad Johnson (Wash-TB-Minn), Kerry Collins (Car-NYG).

Steve Young (TB-SF)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes you wonder if the Dolphins really knew what they were getting in Culpepper from the start and genuinely figured he's return to full strength, or simply miscalculated.

arrellbee said:

Anybody else ?

Brad Johnson briefly Trent Dilfer. Caretaker types, I guess.

PonyExpress said:

The question was: who turned out to be a winning quarterback at their second stop? I can't recall Montana being a winning quarterback in KC. And if Kerry Collins had been such a winning quarterback in New York, he'd still be there.

On the other hand, what about Favre and Marc Bulger?

A more important question: Are there any players who were were cut or allowed to leave from their first starting job because they were bad and succeeded later?

I can think of one currently: Jake Plummer. Randall Cunningham might also quality, as might Rich Gannon.

Good point.....

wrangler said:
Saban is running on hype, when the hype runs out he may be run out.

Almost happened last year.

Pep and Joey better do something or Saban could go the way of Spurrier(sp).?

when doofins were 3-7....they were calling for saban's head on a platter....not he is the next Lombardi as far as most doofin fans are concerned........unreal...they are the biggest BS, bandwagon "fans" in the country........as far as him getting run out.....he certainly can't do much worse than wanny who was given how many years at the helm despite being totally inept? Saban will be there for several years.......time will tell how good or bad he will be......won't be this year though IMHO.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back