PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something to ponder about BB.

Ummm, my post clearly has nothing to do with whether Belichick deserves to be fired or not; my post clearly states that I think it’s really ***ing weird to have so much hatred and vitriol towards Belichick, a man who coached the Patriots to six SBs, as to refer to him as a “stain” on the organization, REGARDLESS of what role you think he played in the Dynasty and whether or not you think he should be fired at the end of the season.
According to some of these geniuses you or I could have won 6 six bowls if we were coaches, a good coach and we'd have probably 15 at least.

Really? That is awesome. I have a friend that retired from GE I'll ask him about it. The main roast beef joints I know of are Kelly's and Mike's roast beef! I like the way you put it! Yes, I agree it's definitely mutual and amicable. I wish it didn't look so badly the way it has. The unfortunate thing is as legendary as he is, his success will always be tied to Brady. I wanted him to show he could build another contender and create another winner. But as we've been shown in so many ways in the NFL without that QB the coaching does not matter.

If you lived or worked near the Charles Street Red Line station until 2002, then I hope you visited Buzzy's Roast Beef nearby, on the same block as the old jail... It survived the West End demolition, but not MGH.

@captain stone ... meaning without a good QB you don't win.. as we have been shown many times

Understood; my confusion lies with the idea that a HC Must have The QB in order to succeed... The 49ers this year & the Bungles last night have shown that with the proper coaching, game-planning, blocking & weppunz, you can have a mere competent QB and still find ways to score, and win. Unfortunately, we have None of those here.

Understood; my confusion lies with the idea that a HC Must have The QB in order to succeed... The 49ers this year & the Bungles last night have shown that with the proper coaching, game-planning, blocking & weppunz, you can have a mere competent QB and still find ways to score, and win. Unfortunately, we have None of those here.
Agreed. The 9ners for example are very reminiscent of the early Brady days. A tough play making defense, great coach, sound execution. As you see my post on Bill he looks like a dejected man, hell even his private life hasn't gone well. His passion is coaching.. he isn't enjoying it no matter what he tries to portray to the media. The O line is just infected by Trent Brown. Add left tackle in the FA needs box along with everything else. That guy has permeated to the entire line.

If you lived or worked near the Charles Street Red Line station until 2002, then I hope you visited Buzzy's Roast Beef nearby, on the same block as the old jail... It survived the West End demolition, but not MGH.
The entire area now may as well have signs up to say millionaires only lol. That's the only ones who can afford to live there. Still a beautiful area historic part of Boston just not welcoming for families anymore.

Yep, it's us spoiled fans who don't deserve him amirite? :rofl:
It's okay for us to not like losing.

As for BB, he still has a ton of tremendous upside. I like Bob Kraft but in terms of football he's clueless.

We need some new players and coaches now. If this happens, and IF he takes a fresh, open minded approach, this can really work with Belichick still at the helm.

I know that the players still here should be really pissed at what's happened, and determined to win. That's what I want to see, anyway.

You forgot the other choice, which looks like a more reasonable take considering the clvsterfvck of coaching he received. Bill ruined what little there was of Mac. That might explain Mac starting off so well and regressing so much.

Mac is a head case. Why people feel the need to defend Mac befuddles me. Mac is not a starting NFL QB. Pretty simple. Not complicated. The OL is bad - agreed. The WRs could be better - agreed. But Mac sucks either way. Mac was not ruined. Mac is not a starting NFL QB. Mac never started off well, Mac started quicker than other QBs because he had a high floor, but a low ceiling. All the scouting reports said Mac was NFL ready but physically limited. So Mac started quickly and crashed. No surprise there. And Mac was not ruined. Just stop that silly nonsense.

Ate many a lunch from there. The pigeon **** covered tables made eating elsewhere a must.

The mistreatment of the Pats and the AFL in the 60's by the NYFL and the media is one of the reasons I find myself rooting against the NFC teams in most cases now. Some AFC teams, like the Indiots and Ratbirds, have moved to the back of the line but I'm still an AFL guy. That will never change.

I need to look into this. Interesting its been going on this long. Grew up with Grogan so never got to experience it back then. Any suggestions other than google? =)

I need to look into this. Interesting its been going on this long. Grew up with Grogan so never got to experience it back then. Any suggestions other than google? =)
There are several books on the AFL/NFL war.

NFL Purists/Loyalists simply bought the NFL line that the 'upstart' league was second rate, and it was indeed fledgling. Bob Kraft experienced first hand the cheap operation of Sullivan's Boston Patriots, when his dad took him and his brother to the games.

The NBC contract gave the league legitimacy - and badly needed money. NFL rejects like Blanda turned out to be MVP's. I hate the Jets but I still acknowledge that the Namath signing in NY was critical, Joe was indeed a great, deserved Hall of Fame player, a good guy and a good ambassador for the league, and furthermore he was one of the few people anywhere who correctly saw and stated that the Patriots were in fact very good, from his first hand experience playing against us.

When the merger - initiated by the NFL, who smartly recognized they'd got their asses kicked - was consummated, all of a sudden they were one big happy league - and all that derision and later, corruption was directed squarely at us. Billy Sullivan had to scramble to get Schaefer built, and though he did it on the cheap, I was always excited and appreciative for just having a team.

We did struggle on the field, during the longest losing streak in franchise history (1967-1973), which made it easy to ridicule us.

But blame for the out of control denigration and defamation of the team's significant on field success, which took off thanks to Fairbanks, lies with the local Boston media. The loud, boisterous legion of Patriots fans who literally hate their own team believe what the media says, and fall for every inappropriately negative spin and take on the local team. It's ironic that one of the few places you could see recognition of the Patriots was NFL Films, but Sabol wasn't a league patsy.

Regarding Steve, if you look at the numerous huge wins throughout his career which included one (1) losing season in 13 years, Grogan was the primary reason for them. He's rightfully popular but objectively badly underrated.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back