PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something to ponder about BB.

No coach can survive being 3-14 or 4-13 (presuming that's where the Pats end up). None.

Ummm, my post clearly has nothing to do with whether Belichick deserves to be fired or not; my post clearly states that I think it’s really ***ing weird to have so much hatred and vitriol towards Belichick, a man who coached the Patriots to six SBs, as to refer to him as a “stain” on the organization, REGARDLESS of what role you think he played in the Dynasty and whether or not you think he should be fired at the end of the season.

Ummm, my post clearly has nothing to do with whether Belichick deserves to be fired or not; my post clearly states that I think it’s really ***ing weird to have so much hatred and vitriol towards Belichick, a man who coached the Patriots to six SBs, as to refer to him as a “stain” on the organization, REGARDLESS of what role you think he played in the Dynasty and whether or not you think he should be fired at the end of the season.
This ^^….. blows my mind as well

The Chargers have a QB and their coach is on the verge of getting canned so that's not true.
It's true for the most part. Go back and look at all the great coaches and see who they had at QB.. is Staley considered a great coach?

This ^^….. blows my mind as well
All great HCs need the "guy" Walsh had Montana, Reid had McNabb and Mahomes, of course Bill with Tom, Shula had Montana... there are so many examples.. but I agree.. that other post did blow My mind as well.

What kind of weirdo has this much animosity to the guy who coached what was one of the worst franchises in sports to six Super Bowls in 20 years? Like even if you think Brady was responsible for the vast, vast majority of those wins and that the game has passed Belichick by and he deserves to be fired, how could you ever hold this much anger to Bill Belichick. It’s just so bizarre to me.
Anger? He just a coach on the way out to me, well, if he's actually out. If you want to give him a big reach around for all that the players did for him on the field then go ahead. I'll pass and try to enjoy what few players we have left.
What's really bizarre is your infatuation with a GM/HC who has had the Pats heading in the wrong direction for four years going on five.

And what kind of weirdo thinks the Pats were one of the worst franchizes in sports before Bill came. They weren't. They did suck under Bill until he put Brady in in year 2 though. Just by making that statement mocking this team's past tells me that you never saw those teams play. You're simply parroting what the mediots have told you.

How many more years do we have to suffer with this dinosaur of a HC? Until HE decides to leave?

Anger? He just a coach on the way out to me, well, if he's actually out. If you want to give him a big reach around for all that the players did for him on the field then go ahead. I'll pass and try to enjoy what few players we have left.
What's really bizarre is your infatuation with a GM/HC who has had the Pats heading in the wrong direction for four years going on five.

And what kind of weirdo thinks the Pats were one of the worst franchizes in sports before Bill came. They weren't. They did suck under Bill until he put Brady in in year 2 though. Just by making that statement mocking this team's past tells me that you never saw those teams play. You're simply parroting what the mediots have told you.

How many more years do we have to suffer with this dinosaur of a HC? Until HE decides to leave?
Agreed. The undoing was last season.. RK as reported was infuriated by what Bill did have matt&Joe run the offense. That's where it all went wrong with Mac, with ownership. It's all come to a head now.

The media never liked Bill Belichick, just as the media always denigrated any success of the New England Patriots (Nobody even knows how good they were in the AFL from 1961-66).

Local people who consider themselves fans of the team are not able to identify and thus not believe the bull sh*t being propagated locally and nationally for generations now. Neither Sullivan nor Kraft ever directly dealt with it by behaving as a legit iconic legendary team. For all of Kraft's financial success and genuine determination to win, it's astonishing to me how much in common he has with Billy Sullivan in terms of having no franchise self esteem. They'd stop picking on us if we just acted like an adult. No, it's not necessary to sue the league or the media.

Can you imagine a "The Steelers And We" video?

Or the Cowboys putting up a banner for a team that lost?
The mistreatment of the Pats and the AFL in the 60's by the NYFL and the media is one of the reasons I find myself rooting against the NFC teams in most cases now. Some AFC teams, like the Indiots and Ratbirds, have moved to the back of the line but I'm still an AFL guy. That will never change.

Agreed. The undoing was last season.. RK as reported was infuriated by what Bill did have matt&Joe run the offense. That's where it all went wrong with Mac, with ownership. It's all come to a head now.
I'm still a little suspicious about the supposed rift between Bill and Bob. I think they both appreciate each other and already agreed on the direction they're heading, no matter what that will be.

Btw, Bill and Bob's is a roast beef chain that many in the Boston area might know about. It has an interesting story that might compare here.

Bill and Bob were two GE employees in Lynn who started a sandwhich shop on the Lynnway in Lynn when GE went on strike one year. After the strike was settled one of them wanted to go back to GE and the other didn't. Let's say that Bob wanted to stay with the restaurant and Bill didn't, I'm not sure which.

They agreed that Bill would move on and Bob would keep the business, just like I think our Bill and Bob have decided to make it an amicable split.

I'm still a little suspicious about the supposed rift between Bill and Bob. I think they both appreciate each other and already agreed on the direction they're heading, no matter what that will be.

Btw, Bill and Bob's is a roast beef chain that many in the Boston area might know about. It has an interesting story that might compare here.

Bill and Bob were two GE employees in Lynn who started a sandwhich shop on the Lynnway in Lynn when GE went on strike one year. After the strike was settled one of them wanted to go back to GE and the other didn't. Let's say that Bob wanted to stay with the restaurant and Bill didn't, I'm not sure which.

They agreed that Bill would move on and Bob would keep the business, just like I think our Bill and Bob have decided to make it an amicable split.
Really? That is awesome. I have a friend that retired from GE I'll ask him about it. The main roast beef joints I know of are Kelly's and Mike's roast beef! I like the way you put it! Yes, I agree it's definitely mutual and amicable. I wish it didn't look so badly the way it has. The unfortunate thing is as legendary as he is, his success will always be tied to Brady. I wanted him to show he could build another contender and create another winner. But as we've been shown in so many ways in the NFL without that QB the coaching does not matter.

M
Really? That is awesome. I have a friend that retired from GE I'll ask him about it. The main roast beef joints I know of are Kelly's and Mike's roast beef! I like the way you put it! Yes, I agree it's definitely mutual and amicable. I wish it didn't look so badly the way it has. The unfortunate thing is as legendary as he is, his success will always be tied to Brady. I wanted him to show he could build another contender and create another winner. But as we've been shown in so many ways in the NFL without that QB the coaching does not matter.
I still expect he will. If not here it will be wherever he lands. And if that happens I also expect his new team will do better than the Patriots, regardless of who replaces him in NE.

M

I still expect he will. If not here it will be wherever he lands. And if that happens I also expect his new team will do better than the Patriots, regardless of who replaces him in NE.
That's just the thing. He'd need to go somewhere where the QB is already in place and they just need coaching and discipline. The LA team we played yesterday seems like the place.

That's just the thing. He'd need to go somewhere where the QB is already in place and they just need coaching and discipline. The LA team we played yesterday seems like the place.
Exactly the point. One thing I considered is that he’d be able to choose his landing spot. There are several teams that might be suitable. I live in the DC area so the Commanders seem like another possibly good fit. Getting fired might be better for him than not getting fired, although worse for the Patriots.

Exactly the point. One thing I considered is that he’d be able to choose his landing spot. There are several teams that might be suitable. I live in the DC area so the Commanders seem like another possibly good fit. Getting fired might be better for him than not getting fired, although worse for the Patriots.
Yes, however it's more likely he and RK have already have something in place. He looks like he isn't enjoying coach something he loves that he's dedicated his life too.

Going to Washington would be a nice spot for him as well. He loves NFL history he's from the DMV area originally. I can't see the organization just outright firing him. But if the GOAT can leave Than anything is possible. LA has the QB. I don't think he goes someplace where there is not a QB. As for us I want all the offensive guru's involved with the draft. We can't mess this up again.

You got issues, my man.

… He looks like he isn't enjoying coach something he loves that he's dedicated his life too.
Bill hates error repeaters.

Corky has thrown 12 INTs in 11 games played.

is it any wonder Bill is not enjoying this season?

and people are posting blaming Bill for not coaching Mac out of it. Does anyone really think Bill wouldn’t fix it if it could be fixed?

Bill hates error repeaters.

Corky has thrown 12 INTs in 11 games played.

is it any wonder Bill is not enjoying this season?

and people are posting blaming Bill for not coaching Mac out of it. Does anyone really think Bill wouldn’t fix it if it could be fixed?
Bill hates error repeaters. Is this the same Bill who repeatedly drafted low rated cornerbacks in the second round, only to see them fail again and again?

It’s a legit question. And one very few have a good answer for. At this point I would be ok with Belichick continuing as head coach, as long as he isn’t running personnel for them. I want Groh and Wolf in charge of the Draft and Free Agency. If Belichick can’t agree to that then let him resign and allow Groh and Wolf to make the decisions on the next head coach. And while I had wanted Mayo to take over I think they really need a great young offense be mind to go with a 1st round QB, so I don’t mind if they make a clean break to an entire new coaching staff and organizational structure. Just as long as Bob and Jonathan aren’t making the football operation decisions.
Thanks … good answer. Just want to know what fans are thinking

What kind of weirdo has this much animosity to the guy who coached what was one of the worst franchises in sports to six Super Bowls in 20 years? Like even if you think Brady was responsible for the vast, vast majority of those wins and that the game has passed Belichick by and he deserves to be fired, how could you ever hold this much anger to Bill Belichick. It’s just so bizarre to me.

1960 has been pretending he supported Belichick until Brady decided to leave, but his weak assed attempt at smearing him as a cheater for doing something every team in football was doing, and then doing his soccer mommy whine about scoring too many points have demonstrated completely that he has hated Belichick for almost 20 years, at a minimum. And if his “ cheating” standards are so high then Brady can’t be the GOAT, as under 1960 standards he’s the worst cheater at QB ever. Rational fans know all 3 charges are ********, as was Sean Payton getting banned for bounties. When every team had them as a standard practice.

Yep, it's us spoiled fans who don't deserve him amirite? :rofl:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back