Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saban on Culpepper

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JR4, Jun 9, 2006.

1. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 3 / -2

... how's this for an example of ambiguity.... my head was simming trying to
    figure out what he was really saying ... any ideas?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    KFFL reports:
    Dolphins | Saban updates Culpepper's rehab
    Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:38:00 -0700

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban updated what the doctors have said about QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) during his press conference Friday, June 9. Saban said, "The doctors have told us that what he needs to do right now is things that he needs to do at his position. That he has the strength and stability to do everything that he needs to do at his position and the best part, the next step of his rehab, would be to do things that he does at his position and play his position. Even if he may not be 100 percent in terms of his mobility or movement, it's still the best rehab for him right now as well as the rest of what he does in his rehab to continue to develop."
  2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

:rofl:

In other words, looks like Joey will get his big chance in September.

I think what's he's saying is that Culpepper isn't physically ready but needs to be rushed back into playing. :D
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  3. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its all bullsh*t, you don't go all out to sign a washed up former starter if your #1 is going to be ready to open up the season. Give it a break. Joey will be the starter week 1 vs. the Steelers when they roll into the Burgh' and get killed on national TV. When Culpepper is ready he won't fair much better trust me.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  4. Lloyd_Christmas

Lloyd_Christmas I can delete my own crap! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

You sure that wasn't John Madden?

"Now here's a guy that when he runs, he goes faster"
  5. Brady#12

Brady#12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Man the Dolphins are going to get killed by the Steelers defense:D

I love it:rocker:
  6. arrellbee

arrellbee Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm curious. Can folks recall any QBs who switched teams and really turned out to be a winning QB ??

Going way back, I think Plunkett would qualify.
    Currently, probably Jake Plummer.

Anybody else ?
  7. wrangler

wrangler Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Saban is running on hype, when the hype runs out he may be run out.

Almost happened last year.

Pep and Joey better do something or Saban could go the way of Spurrier(sp).?
  8. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Rich Gannon (KC-Oak), Trent Green (Wash-StL-KC), Joe Montana (SF-KC), Trent Dilfer(TB-Bal), Vinny Testaverde (TB-Cle-NYJ), Jim Harbaugh (CHi-INd), Jake the Fake (ari-Den), Doug Williams (TB-Was), Bledsoe (we'll see in Dallas), Randall Cunningham(Phi-Minn), Warren Moon(Hou-Minn), Brad Johnson (Wash-TB-Minn), Kerry Collins (Car-NYG).
  9. Tyler Faith

Tyler Faith Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Actually, ya never know what side of the fence the BS is on. It's obvious that Daunte is a chop block away from a finished career which is why they got an overrated back up. BUT...there's also a good chance Daunte is recovering just fine and they're playing it down. Happens all the time and the Phins are kings of deception...which I can't figure out why. The strategy never works for them. They still suck!
  10. Chevagus

Chevagus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Based on other articles I've read I think Saban is trying to say that the next step for DC's recovery is to simply play the QB position in practices etc. where his knee will be forced to hold up under runs, cuts etc. Strenght wise his leg is in good shape but he'll need to start putting his knee to more and more stress but there are no better exercises to do in rehabbing than just playing. I'm too lazy to get it but at herald.com there is an article on the mini-camp which was very positive on his return. Saban is non-commital but most players think he looks like he'll be ready to start the season.
  11. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Steve Young (TB-SF)...
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2005
  12. Dartanyan

Dartanyan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Makes you wonder if the Dolphins really knew what they were getting in Culpepper from the start and genuinely figured he's return to full strength, or simply miscalculated.
  13. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +445 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

Brad Johnson briefly Trent Dilfer. Caretaker types, I guess.
  14. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

The question was: who turned out to be a winning quarterback at their second stop? I can't recall Montana being a winning quarterback in KC. And if Kerry Collins had been such a winning quarterback in New York, he'd still be there.

On the other hand, what about Favre and Marc Bulger?
  15. drpatriot

drpatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

A more important question: Are there any players who were were cut or allowed to leave from their first starting job because they were bad and succeeded later?

I can think of one currently: Jake Plummer. Randall Cunningham might also quality, as might Rich Gannon.
  16. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 7 / -1

#12 Jersey

Good point.....

when doofins were 3-7....they were calling for saban's head on a platter....not he is the next Lombardi as far as most doofin fans are concerned........unreal...they are the biggest BS, bandwagon "fans" in the country........as far as him getting run out.....he certainly can't do much worse than wanny who was given how many years at the helm despite being totally inept? Saban will be there for several years.......time will tell how good or bad he will be......won't be this year though IMHO.....