PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Patriots in the mix for Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll check in with you at midseason Rob and we can compare Tate and Bryant at that point, how does that sound?

One last thing and I am done. I should hope that Bryant is better than Tate by midseason and by a lot. Bryant is the #2 WR for the Cowboys. He should have numbers comparable to Welker (who is the #2 for the Pats), not Tate since Tate is the #3 WR on this team which is what Bryant would be if the Pats picked him up.

Again, this is McCourty vs. Bryant, not Bryant vs. Tate. Tate was a third round pick who is taking a role that at its best in this offense was done by either Jabbar Gaffney or Donte Stallworth. The Pats passed on Bryant to trade down for McCourty.

When did you become the authority on the Logan Mankins deal Deus Irae? I thought your mode of attacking other posters surrounded not knowing the finite details of the negotiation.

E-thuggery at its finest. Did you have a point, or do you just try to silence criticism like a good homer?

I will wet myself if we sign Vincent Jackson as a long term replacement or compliment to Randy Moss.

Please God let it be true.

Moss is better. Pay him and forget Jackson. We already have plenty of weapons. We could use an upgrade at RB though.

How about shoring up that defense 1st?

Or maybe the offensive line or get a kick butt running back?

I doubt that adding Vincent Jackson will add much to the most talented receiving corps in the National Football League.

E-thuggery at its finest. Did you have a point, or do you just try to silence criticism like a good homer?

Noob.

What makes people join a board and think they know everything already about all the posters?

i would like to add Jackson...then flip Moss to the Vikings. I love Randy and what he has done for us, but i really think he might need a change that enables him to get that last contract. Look, Moss had that unthinkable catch yesterday, but i did not like his intensity and think a change woulod be best for both team and player.

One last thing and I am done. I should hope that Bryant is better than Tate by midseason and by a lot. Bryant is the #2 WR for the Cowboys. He should have numbers comparable to Welker (who is the #2 for the Pats), not Tate since Tate is the #3 WR on this team which is what Bryant would be if the Pats picked him up.

Again, this is McCourty vs. Bryant, not Bryant vs. Tate. Tate was a third round pick who is taking a role that at its best in this offense was done by either Jabbar Gaffney or Donte Stallworth. The Pats passed on Bryant to trade down for McCourty.

Actually, it's more like McCourty, Price, and Hernandez versus Bryant, since they'd have to take him before the Cowboys did, AND, if the poster who suggested this had his way, they wouldn't have traded down with Denver first, either.

Last edited:
Actually, it's more like McCourty, Price, and Hernandez versus Bryant, since they'd have to take him before the Cowboys did, AND, if the poster who suggested this had his way, they wouldn't have traded down with Denver first, either.

Not that I want to turn this into a Dez Bryant thread, but it is Dez Bryant vs. McCourty and the other picks picked up. I can't remember what the Pats got for trading down, but I am not sure it was the Price and Hernandez picks. But if you are right, it seems the Pats made the right decision.

We don't need VJ. Brady needs to stop forcing the ball to Moss and Welker. As soon as Welker is out of the game Brady panics. Utilize our TE's. Where is tate? Where is Edelman? Can we please get a real OC that knows how to utilize all the weapons the Patriots have?

Not that I want to turn this into a Dez Bryant thread, but it is Dez Bryant vs. McCourty and the other picks picked up. I can't remember what the Pats got for trading down, but I am not sure it was the Price and Hernandez picks. But if you are right, it seems the Pats made the right decision.
It was Price and Hernandez :

Trade tracker: Seahawks get Washington, White

Even better was trading the 47th pick for the 58th and a #3, the 58th was traded again and the #3 to Carolina and for the 47th pick we got Spikes, Zoltan and Carolina's #2 next year - and that pick will very likely be higher than #47 itself.

It was Price and Hernandez :

Trade tracker: Seahawks get Washington, White

Even better was trading the 47th pick for the 58th and a #3, the 58th was traded again and the #3 to Carolina and for the 47th pick we got Spikes, Zoltan and Carolina's #2 next year - and that pick will very likely be higher than #47 itself.

Well, considering Hernandez is outperforming Bryant, then it is hard to argue the Pats made the wrong choice. Hernandez in his very limited sample size look to potentially be a Antonio Gates or Dallas Clark type of receiving TE.

Well, considering Hernandez is outperforming Bryant, then it is hard to argue the Pats made the wrong choice. Hernandez in his very limited sample size look to potentially be a Antonio Gates or Dallas Clark type of receiving TE.
McCourtey, Price and Hernandez for Bryant looks like an exceptional deal. Both of the deals mentioned should be long term rip offs. Patience is difficult with a young team coming off a loss though :(

I dont think we need him. After seeing this game, the problem is not targets for Brady. It's blocking, running, corners, OLB's, pass rush, coverage, field goal kicking......

I will wet myself if we sign Vincent Jackson as a long term replacement or compliment to Randy Moss.

This x134, we need another receiver long term. The draft looks deep at receiver this year but nothing like a proven young talent to come in and help the team this year as well.

he is a beast!!! I like this a lot!!!

Throw Mankins into the deal to sweeten it???:):):)

McCourtey, Price and Hernandez for Bryant looks like an exceptional deal. Both of the deals mentioned should be long term rip offs. Patience is difficult with a young team coming off a loss though :(

no f'in way we give up Hernandez.

Hernandez is essentially a first round talent that fell b/c of Drug use.

Give up a 1,4 Mankins,Price and a 2013- 2 :rocker:

Untouchable
--------------
Welker
Hernandez
Gronk
Tate
Edelman

Last edited:

LOL, same exact reaction i had, haha

no f'in way we give up Hernandez.

Hernandez is essentially a first round talent that fell b/c of Drug use.

Give up a 1,4 Mankins and a 2013- 2 :rocker:

:confused:

I never suggested trading him, that's the deal we got for trading down when we could have drafted Dez.

Didn't we win 3 SBs with far less receiving talent than we have now? Guess the defense and run game mattered that much.

Why do I feel like this would turn out bad for the Patriots?

Okay, thought about it. The Patriots already have enough offensive weapons, yet they're playing like idiots and not utilizing their matchups. They're already trying to integrate Tate, Gronk, Hernandez, and Edelman, and all of these guys really have talent (not the "talent" that every fanbase THINKS exists but doesn't- these guys really can be good.) My guess is, if they get Jackson, they would probably trade Moss. I see too many playmakers and only one ball.

This won't happen anyway.

Moss would be traded to Minnesota:)

Brett would finally get his man.

VJ would ki8ll:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back