PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that Moss asked for a trade, that changes everything. In sports these days, if a guy wants to go it's pretty much impossible for the team to keep him. Contract or not. Sooner or later he will go. This sucks.

Last edited:
If it's a 3rd rounder straight with no flipping for Jackson I'd be a little down in the sense that it would be barely more than the comp pick we'd get if he walked at the end of the year and, presumably, got a big contract.

On the upside, we'd have two 1s, two 2s, two 3s, two 4s next year.

Will Randy get paid extra for playing 17 games if he goes to the vikes?

Just watch, Patriots send Moss to Minnesota for picks or a defensive playr and they will get Vincent Jackson from san diego. The pats wouldnt do this unless they had a #1 target on the radar. and V jax is that guy.

AJ Smith wouldn't trade Jackson out of the conference for 2 2nd round picks and he won't trade him to NE for less than that.

Jackson isn't coming. Harvin isn't coming. The Pats will probably get a #3 back. I'm not as up on the free agent compensation picks as others but I think a #3 is likely to be what the Pats get if he walks after this year.

My gut's telling me this happens.

Well if we're going to do it we don't take a 5 million cap hit ... in a capped year I don't think this happens ... right or wrong?

This is utter foolishness on Belichick's part.. Ive always been in his corner, but to do this and with him coming to town on Oct 31st its stupidity unless your getting Vincent Jackson...

This is kinda shocking although Moss has become more of a decoy than a target this season, but he does open up the game for other receivers. The Vikes were willing to give up a second and a conditional pick for Jackson and only give him an one year deal. If the Vikes don't give at least a second, I don't know if this is a deal if that was the case.

With the Pats 3-1, I think it is really risky trading Moss. I don't know if he is the dominant force he once was and he may be on the back 9, but he is still a good player. Unless he is starting to be a cancer.

Glad we are in full rebuild mode.. and someone who say that oh dont worry Brandon Tate will take his place, stop it now...

Agreed. I don't like it. How many picks do we need? By the time those pics start to really shine, Brady will be on the downside of his career. Also Brady and Moss seem to be close. You have to wonder what that Brady will think.

AJ Smith wouldn't trade Jackson out of the conference for 2 2nd round picks and he won't trade him to NE for less than that.

Jackson isn't coming. Harvin isn't coming. The Pats will probably get a #3 back. I'm not as up on the free agent compensation picks as others but I think a #3 is likely to be what the Pats get if he walks after this year.

soooo we would get at least a #2..since we would get a 3 anyway if he walks..

This sucks...I would take Jarad Allen I guess???

I hate "breaking" news about potential trades with a f!@#$%^ passion. Just tell me when it's done so we can dispense with all the damn speculation.

Is there an over / under on Belichick is stupid comments?

I'll take the over if there is ... it'll be a cold day in hell for Belichick to be stupid.

Last edited:
I'm not so much worried about the impact losing Moss would have on the Patriots as I am with the possibility of Moss having another breakout season with Favre and making us look like idiots.

The media will implode if this happens. Belichick hate vs Moss hate. They won't know what to do.

There is no sense thinking we would get Jared Allen for Moss because that isn't happening either. It's going to be for a 2nd or 3rd round pick and that's it. Just fail.

Uhhhhhh. This is the worst I've felt about the Patriots since 2007.

He is going to torch us when the vikings come to town...this sucks.......dam it...sooo stupid..wtf are the pats thinking?

Look at all of the armchair GMs we have here. Man, I wish any one of you were in charge; we'd have eight rings or more.

for the love of god im gonna be ****ting bricks all week that this doesnt happen

:bricks:

people here need to realize how much moss has helped this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results