PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they did, and that illustrates just how little confidence they had in the DL, and therefor the front 7.

Actually, that should illustrate just how much a NT can do for a 3-4 defense. With the addition of Washington, we had the best D-Line in the league, and a mean LB corps. All it took was one addition to become the best, and NT was that addition. After his addition, it was pretty obvious that the coaching staff was impressed with the front seven and the defense as a whole.

I'm not disputing how good the defense was or how bad this defense looks. I'm just saying that no one, not even the coaches, expected them to be the best defense in the league. The view that Milloy was let go because the team didn't need him is pure revisionist history. They wanted him bad enough to pay him $3mm that year in a much lower cap environment. He just had feelers out in the league and realized a lot more money could be had elsewhere. BB was despondant they day they let him go.

Of course BB wasn't happy they let him go. Aside from being a good safety, he and BB were friends at the time. However, the two circumstances are completely different. I'm not actually even sure how you could possibly argue otherwise and not feel foolish for doing so. Milloy was let go because the defense wasn't going to run through him, even in part. That's different than being let go because they didn't need him. We already had the best front seven in all of football and our secondary was stout even with the hole at safety (which was admirably filled).

This particular instance? Not so much. Tate isn't going to command that kind of attention from a defense. Our running game and run blocking are suspect, especially against good defenses. Our TE's are extremely young and one has been left back to block far more often than he's been allowed to run routes. Why should that change how? Our (now) number one option, Welker, the beast over the middle, will now draw a team's #1 corner with safety help. On top of that, he'll also be even more of a target for hit-hungry safeties. ON TOP of all of this, we needed the offense to be as good as possible because the defense was experiencing growing pains. They will still continue experiencing growing pains. And we respond to ALL of this by letting go of our second greatest weapon on offense? It's a bad trade.

Yup. The last few seasons we've made bad moves, but this is stupid. I understand getting something for him before he's gone. We have a whole season left. Unless you find a ******* HOF WR, you're not replacing Moss. Moss can bring THIS team a title THIS year, no 3rd rounder is probably ever going to do that for this team. Absolutely devastating move. I don't care whart some of you yes men say about it, this move will hurt this offense so bad.

If BB moves Moss, and this seasons flames out like it probably will, I hope he's run out of town. No coach is immortal. But to continue to make such stupid ******* moves is maddening. Let me put it like this to folks one last time.

BRADY IS 33, 33. I REPEAT, 33. You win NOW, not 3 goddamn years from now, and not without your HOF QB who in 3 years will also be done unless we're very lucky. But hey, Moss for a 3rd rounder? Maybe this 3rd rounder might get on the field? Woohoo!

If I told you people we just traded Moss for Ellis Hobbs, Shawn Crable, what would you say ? We could have very possibly done that. Man. What a way to ruin this team after a great win, this is such a ****ty day to be a Patriot fan.
AT least get the facts straight... I KNOW that is quite impossible...BUT Moss wanted out...THAT seems clear..GET OVER IT!!! He wanted out...and they did what they needed to. Go pound some more sand...

... What a way to ruin this team after a great win, this is such a ****ty day to be a Patriot fan.
This. Seems to me that Bill flushed the season down the toilet. I hope I'm wrong.

How come the people on the first pages of this thread have not come back to apologize to Bill Simmons. :confused2:

Taking shot at new team? Check.
Questioning playcalls? Check.
Qutting on the field? Check. (Could of easily caught TD after that PI call)

And he's only been there for 4 weeks! Nice 1-3 record with Moss and they're currently tied with the Lions for last in the divison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back