PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Caserio coming back to New England after draft?

We don’t really know who is the pseudo GM. It could either Wolf or Groh. IMO Wolf is the better talent evaluator. I don’t think either has more of a say then the other when the Pats are on the board. Also Wolf has more experience with GM type duties then Groh…but that doesn’t mean he’s doing more then him.
Groh is the Director Of Player Personnel. He is top dog in that department.

He's the only person with a profile on the Patriots website under "front office" besides the Krafts, Wolf is nowhere to be found.

Wolf is the Director Of Scouting, he manages the scouts.

Captain Stoned pretending to have some inside scoop is just that... pretend.

Maybe, to unboggle your mind, you might want to consider that what once was might not always be. Are there really no examples you can think of where someone who was highly successful declined in success over time?

Belichick wasn’t lucky at all. At his apex, he was the best coach pro football has ever known. As they say down south, “he could take yours and beat his”. But, unless you want to attribute all the Patriots success to their former QB, you have to admit there’s been a considerable decline in success in Foxboro because in no small part of the decline in performance by the HC/GM over what had previously been his norm.
You have spoken truth. Spread himself to thin, tried some unconventional things that didn't work. I believe this year will return the executive in chief and he will build a team that will make the playoffs despite a difficult schedule.

Groh is the Director Of Player Personnel. He is top dog in that department.

He's the only person with a profile on the Patriots website under "front office" besides the Krafts, Wolf is nowhere to be found.

Wolf is the Director Of Scouting, he manages the scouts.

Captain Stoned pretending to have some inside scoop is just that... pretend.
And Patricia was the OC. I can’t put much stock into titles on the website.

I’ve always felt Wolf was more qualified for the GM title.

And Patricia was the OC. I can’t put much stock into titles on the website.

I’ve always felt Wolf was more qualified for the GM title.
None of us would know. Every man has to do his own growing, no matter how tall your grandad was. Groh is the face of the front office, he’s the guy in the interviews after the draft.

Happy Yas GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Bill's protégés are gifts that keep on giving.
BB releases them into the wild where they wreak havoc on unsuspecting teams with owners who want to replicate the Patriot Way.

Gotta give Tampa credit for seeing thru the facade and bypassing Bill's bobo tree and instead signing the most impactful Patriot Way foundation piece.

Very strange story here. Thought I'd share. Apparently rumors going around at combine that Caserio will come back to New England after the draft, and Mike Lombardi also saying that there will be "organizational changes" in Houston after the draft. Since Lombardi has NE connections, it's easy to kind of put 2 and 2 together there...

What do folks think about this one? I don't know what Caserio would do in NE considering Groh already has his old job here. Nor do I know why Caserio would want to return from being a full-on GM in Houston to being Bill's second-fiddle in NE again, unless he just wants to get out from under Houston's reportedly terrible ownership.

Very weird. Maybe he can swing Bill some nice deals in his last draft in Houston if true. Lol.
Weird stuff indeed.

Let's just see how this draft shakes out.

If Caserio comes back with a promotion, let's say to assistant GM, so that he could handle most of the personnel and draft decisions, that could be a change for the better. GM Belichick tends to sabotage Coach Belichick with some boneheaded moves.

uh...where do you get meds these days?...you can't get shyt that works anymore...just "take Tylenol or extra strength Motrin, I, Docter Flimflam, will NOT lose my precious drug dealer license to assuage YOUR pain needs or mental health...sorry....oh, and listen to and heed everything Pfizer says.."

uh...where do you get meds these days?...you can't get shyt that works anymore...just "take Tylenol or extra strength Motrin, I, Docter Flimflam, will NOT lose my precious drug dealer license to assuage YOUR pain needs or mental health...sorry....oh, and listen to and heed everything Pfizer says.."
You have to go to the back of the pharmacy these days and show them your license to get the real stuff. :cool:

You have to go to the back of the pharmacy these days and show them your license to get the real stuff. :cool:
what's that? a piece? I'm a staunch 2nd amendment supporter but I don't own any firearms. I do ,however, have taken up the care of close friends who are now disabled and basically housebound. People who are in chronic,debilitating pain...people who have been PRESCRIBED oxycontin, percodan, percoset and other pain assuagers for YEARS...now it's "Take Tylenol or nothing". Repugnant policy and another casualty of the "Thou Shalt Not Call It The coronavirus" pandemic that gave drug makers like Pfizer the opportunity to choke out 1/3 of the American population, that 1/3 that comprises the elderly for the most part.

what's that? a piece? I'm a staunch 2nd amendment supporter but I don't own any firearms. I do ,however, have taken up the care of close friends who are now disabled and basically housebound. People who are in chronic,debilitating pain...people who have been PRESCRIBED oxycontin, percodan, percoset and other pain assuagers for YEARS...now it's "Take Tylenol or nothing". Repugnant policy and another casualty of the "Thou Shalt Not Call It The coronavirus" pandemic that gave drug makers like Pfizer the opportunity to choke out 1/3 of the American population, that 1/3 that comprises the elderly for the most part.
LOL, no, no weapon required. I meant you have to go to the counter and request the "real" tylenol, sudafed, etc. They usually ask for your license and I'm assuming they track how often you buy it. The normal stuff on the shelf I guess varies strength-wise from the stuff they have back there, so whenever I have a bad cold (long before Covid), I go back there and ask for the "real" sudafed and that's usually the procedure.

That stuff tends to do the trick, while the normal stuff doesn't work quite as well. I'll defer to the doctors and pharmacists we have in here who can probably elaborate a little further on this. :)

Last edited:
The fake rumors about the Pats are annoying and seem more abundant than other teams.

The fake rumors about the Pats are annoying and seem more abundant than other teams.

I think it's feast or famine for stories on the Patriots, and there are enough wrinkles to run with something in the absence of any concrete answers. Dish 'em now while the window is open, because sometimes it closes for a long while

That’s because our own local media create and perpetuate them

Most teams are actually liked by their local media

That’s because our own local media create and perpetuate them

Most teams are actually liked by their local media

My guess would be once Mayo supplants Bill that will end.
I think he will be more likable amongst the pundits and it won’t be as steamy for clicks and I see Mayo as someone who would get in front of rumor which I understand why BB doesn’t cater to that but on the other hand the other train of thought is if he always douses those fires out they won’t have a flame to fan.

LOL, no, no weapon required. I meant you have to go to the counter and request the "real" tylenol, sudafed, etc. They usually ask for your license and I'm assuming they track how often you buy it. The normal stuff on the shelf I guess varies strength-wise from the stuff they have back there, so whenever I have a bad cold (long before Covid), I go back there and ask for the "real" sudafed and that's usually the procedure.

That stuff tends to do the trick, while the normal stuff doesn't work quite as well. I'll defer to the doctors and pharmacists we have in here who can probably elaborate a little further on this. :)
Specifically, cough medicines containing pseudoephedrine are regulated because they can be used to make meth.

I've never heard of plain Tylenol being behind the counter, though.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back