PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the worst move in Patriots history if possible, and lets not forget how Moss will come back on Oct 31st and tourch this team.... awful... god awful....

If it's for a 3rd round pick then i think this is a grave mistake

I agree with that, a receiver like Moss, old and in the last year of his contract or not is worth far more then a 3rd round draft pick. If Chilly & Favre want him, make them pay over the odds for him.

WTF Belichick just give up on the season already...

That's just stupid. Even without Moss, this receiving corps (including TEs) is more talented than any of the ones that BB won a Superbowl with. By a lot.

Look through BBs history here.... the 3rd round has not been good to him.

I'm not a huge Moss fan, but this is ridiculous to just throw him away for a 3rd rounder. I would hope Harvin would be coming back, hell I'd even take Edwards. If not, something else has to be lined up with Mankins. Maybe a Mankins-VJax swap? Who knows.

I consider myself a fan of Simmons. Even got autographed copies of both of his books. But I have to say, **** him for this. He couldn't call or e-mail Glazer if he wanted to make it private? ******* moron. He's the new Tomase.

Glad we are in full rebuild mode.. and someone who say that oh dont worry Brandon Tate will take his place, stop it now...

*BREAKING: After Week 1, Randy Moss had his agent Joel Segal call Bill Belichick and ask for a trade, The Herald's Karen Guregian has learned

Just got sent that, more fuel or riding on a hot story to get attention?

This is absolutely digusting unless we are getting Vincent Jackson somehow. FFS...I post here like once a year and things like this is why I don't post because I'll say something stupid. But I'm completely disgusted right now..I'm glad I have already ate...

reports MOSS asked for trade after week 1

I will serious ***** slap Belichick if he sends our #1 WR packing for effectively peanuts. There's no one on that team worth trading for, except maybe Harvin. Even Allen is overrated compared to the better DEs in the league.

Talk about playing with fire. If this happens, teams will simply double Welker. Pats fans will see the effect this "slacker" has had on opposing secondaries.

Last edited:
Wow.....I'm stunned if this is true.When the name Jay Glazer pops up regarding the NFC,you have to take notice.

This only makes sense to me if there is something in the works for Vincent Jackson.....We certainly have the draft choices to satisfy San Diego...but,to trade Moss,in season,for a 2011 draft choice would be folly,imo.No more future draft choices,please.
You can't leave TB without a true #1 wideout.

I think Brandon Tate will be a stud,in a year,but he's not ready,now.

a6e210a9a5f0c44af73cd0a8b7415095.gif

Just watch, Patriots send Moss to Minnesota for picks or a defensive playr and they will get Vincent Jackson from san diego. The pats wouldnt do this unless they had a #1 target on the radar. and V jax is that guy.

Last edited:
This is just foolish, why would you do a trade like this mid season? It could completely destroy the locker room

The Minnesota Vikings are attempting to pull off their biggest blockbuster since acquiring Brett Favre.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Minnesota Vikings and New England Patriots have been in serious trade talks and are very close to a deal that would send All-Pro wide receiver Randy Moss back to the team that drafted him.

However, Patriots sources say the deal is contigent upon Moss working out a contract with the Vikings. All sides are still trying to hammer out the contract Tuesday.
Minnesota Vikings close to acquiring New England Patriots' Randy Moss - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

Wow

keep in mind what mosses trade value is, hes in the final year of his contract and hes old and his productivity is in question, i really want sidney rice but the chances of them giving him up without a pick are slim.

I don't know what to think. Just a third sounds right sadly, seeing what Buffalo got for Lynch, and to be honest, I don't know if I want to give up the picks needed to get Jackson, since a third wouldn't get it done since AJ Smith wants Brandon Marshall type compensation for a WR who I don't think is near the talent of Marshall. I don't think any other WRs are available we could make a move for, and I don't know if I want to remove Moss from this year's team for another pick next year in an uncertain labor environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News