PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Simmoms ... Atlanta Front Office Does Not Want Bill.

No exploding heads. I called this. The trend is toward young, fresh minds. Not surprised.
Martinsville Speedway Celebration GIF by NASCAR
Young, fresh mind thing is overrated. Players like young coaches. But look who’s winning the AFC this year. Reid or Harbaugh. And Campbell is kind of old school and Shanahan comes from a coaching family. Ask Harbaugh how creative Belichick was - he wanted to change the rules.

Loser franchises making loser decisions

Call TNF with Al Michaels next year

And then come back to coach a Dallas, Philly or Bills

Falcons are absolute jokes not because they didn't hire Bill but Morris was the interim HC before they hired Arthur Smith. Just wasted 3 seasons to basically remove the interim title from Morris.

Young, fresh mind thing is overrated. Players like young coaches. But look who’s winning the AFC this year. Reid or Harbaugh. And Campbell is kind of old school and Shanahan comes from a coaching family. Ask Harbaugh how creative Belichick was - he wanted to change the rules.
I’m not saying it is or isn’t overrated. Merely the trend.

I am a Tommy over Bill guy.

But I still think BB is the greatest coach that has ever lived and will ever live. We needed a change here, I’m not convinced on Mayo but Bill has been here for 23 years time for development for all parties.

But for loser franchises to make loser decisions and not hire the greatest coach of all time it’s laughable. Like when only two teams seriously went after Brady! Look at how that turned out he turned a loser franchise into a championship one in 20 weeks of football.

Hopefully for Bill this turns to be great and he coaches Bills, Eagles, Dallas next year - guaranteed their is a vacancy at one of those franchises next year all of them have an above average QB

Sending this out to all of us “homers” and “honks” and whatever other ****ty nicknames that certain people like to give to those who appreciate what the guy accomplished for our favorite team and feel bad that it ended for him the way it did even though he was primarily responsible.

IMG_0108.jpeg

Now the darkness only stays at night time
In the morning it will fade away
Daylight is good
At arriving at the right time
But it's not always going
To be this grey

Last edited:
Sending this out to all of us “homers” and “honks” and whatever other ****ty nicknames that certain people like to give to those who appreciate what the guy accomplished for our favorite team and feel bad that it ended for him the way it did even though he was primarily responsible.

View attachment 56202

Now the darkness only stays at night time
In the morning it will fade away
Daylight is good
At arriving at the right time
But it's not always going
To be this grey
Honk. The term is Honk.

Down goes Bill.

That’s not good for us at all!

That almost certainly means that Zac Robinson will be the OC in ATL and that will leave us with McDaniels and Mac Jones. What a disaster !

Falcons are absolute jokes not because they didn't hire Bill but Morris was the interim HC before they hired Arthur Smith. Just wasted 3 seasons to basically remove the interim title from Morris.
In those 3 seasons he was Rams DC and won a SB. These guys interviewed 14 candidates, some twice, they picked the guy with the experience and traits that fit their team culture. Not sure anyone can criticize their decision after having gone through such a thorough review process. I guess we'll find out how it pans out.

In those 3 seasons he was Rams DC and won a SB. These guys interviewed 14 candidates, some twice, they picked the guy with the experience and traits that fit their team culture. Not sure anyone can criticize their decision after having gone through such a thorough review process. I guess we'll find out how it pans out.
I look at it a bit more cynically in that McKay preserved himself by not bringing in a guy (Belichick) who would undermine his authority, and instead has now hired someone for the third time (Morris, once with the Bucs and now twice with the Falcons) who isn’t going to rock the boat. I knew the moment that the Falcons started interviewing more candidates that McKay didn’t like where it was going and steered the search away from BB. Morris is an underwhelming hire given all the candidates they could pick from, but one McKay is familiar with and felt safe with. Oh well, I’m fine with seeing that franchise continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

I look at it a bit more cynically in that McKay preserved himself by not bringing in a guy (Belichick) who would undermine his authority, and instead has now hired someone for the third time (Morris, once with the Bucs and now twice with the Falcons) who isn’t going to rock the boat. I knew the moment that the Falcons started interviewing more candidates that McKay didn’t like where it was going and steered the search away from BB. Morris is an underwhelming hire given all the candidates they could pick from, but one McKay is familiar with and felt safe with. Oh well, I’m fine with seeing that franchise continue to shoot themselves in the foot.
They have better pieces on Offense unlike us if they get a competent QB they are in the NFC mix.

It does feel more like mckay’s job preservation and keeping status quo than a swing for the fences.

Once again, the Shoot The Messenger, Ignore The Message crowd gets deep fisted.

Congrats Simmons

They have better pieces on Offense unlike us if they get a competent QB they are in the NFC mix.
Yeah for sure, which is why I think it was critical for them to stick the landing in their head coach search. The Falcons should’ve won their division this season, but their own incompetence at HC and QB sabotaged them. Mike Vrabel would’ve been a nice choice for them if they were really that concerned about BB being a short term option. At very least he has a better track record as a HC than Raheem Morris. Problem is Vrabel wants more say in roster moves, a problem he had with ownership in Tennessee and which led to his dismissal. Picking the guy they already had as Dan Quinn’s interim replacement at head coach, and had passed over for Arthur Smith, is certainly a choice. Hence my cynicism as far as the main motive for the hire by McKay. It was less about picking the right guy to coach the Falcons moving forward, and more to pick the guy that best served McKay’s job security.

Oh, I'm sure McKay didn't want any part of Bill at Flowery Branch but they also interviewed 13 other candidates. The other surprising thing that came out of this is McKay is no longer in charge of football operations being shifted to soccer. Both HC and GM will report directly to Branch.

Oh, I'm sure McKay didn't want any part of Bill at Flowery Branch but they also interviewed 13 other candidates. The other surprising thing that came out of this is McKay is no longer in charge of football operations being shifted to soccer. Both HC and GM will report directly to Branch.
You’re right, looks like that was announced just recently. This is news to me!

I remember hearing Blank wanted Belichick. It’s very curious to me that McKay would get involved in the coach search, and then immediately after the hiring, be told by the owner “We don’t need your input anymore, go work on the soccer team instead”.

I’ve been lurking the Falcons subreddit and found this comment interesting:

A few years ago they said Rich wasn’t involved in football business and they admitted it was a lie. So the GM and coach report to Blank. Doesn’t mean that Rich has been stripped. It means he just will no longer be the liaison. I’m sure Blank will still ask Rich about his feelings on things. Otherwise he would be gone with this news.

Last edited:
Hiring a failed HC over the greatest of all time (BB's coaching is fine) is precisely why Atlanta is destined to continue its mediocrity.
Bill's last years here define failure. Maybe Atlanta was watching.

Maybe TB12 could pull some strings over at Fox and bring him aboard.
How about a Tom & Bill Show? Yikes.

No exploding heads. I called this. The trend is toward young, fresh minds. Not surprised.
Martinsville Speedway Celebration GIF by NASCAR
Yup, you were in early on this sad (for some but not me) situation. It must be a matter of him keeping control.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back