PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison: "Tom Brady, take off the skirt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you sir , i agree with you , and i am sure the PATS franchise will look into their relationship with Rodney in the near future.A lot of things might change.

That is ridiculous.

Plenty of jokes can be hypocritical.

The fact that Rodney spent an entire offseason biching and moaning about what Bobby Wade did to him with the low block makes this BY DEFINITION "hypocritical".

Was it funny or in jest? Sure. Can we laugh about it? Sure.

Is it hypocritical? Sure.

I was talking about his joke about Brady wearing a skirt. Not about dibing at knees.

If it's made in jest, then it's not hypocritical.

I think his point is that it isn't really a joke. How is it funny? Does he really think Brady is watching? I doubt it.

I guess we are finally seeing that some players on the Pats secretly hated each other, well the truth was bound to come out some time! :rolleyes:

Thank you sir , i agree with you , and i am sure the PATS franchise will look into their relationship with Rodney in the near future.A lot of things might change.

I don't think it should go that far, but it is certainly raises some "what the f...?" eyebrows.

I think his point is that it isn't really a joke. How is it funny? Does he really think Brady is watching? I doubt it.

It's funny because it's coming from a guy who has gone to war and won championships with Brady. It's funny because they both have reputations as tough, gritty competitors who lead their respective units during the greatest run in franchise history. It's funny because when you go through sh*t like that with someone else and have mutual respect, you can say sh*t like that to them and laugh about it!

Is it really that difficult?

Last edited:
Rodney was definitely just joking.. I can't believe it's a big deal to people. I think Olbermann's comments on the play-by-play were far more worthy of pissing off Pats fans.

You guys don't think Rodney and others busted Toms balls in practice?

I'd be willing to bet alot worse than that was said...

Rodney probably thinks that rule is weak as well......
I'm not sure I understand the venom in this thread.

I take it alot of folks on here haven't played team sports at all..ribbing is something that happens by the minute.

Last edited:
what did Olbermann say? I missed that

sorry im just getting to this thread now.... i was busy out back burning my Rodney Harrison jerseys. Then i ripped page 37 out of all of the books that i own.

Re: Rodney Harrison: "Take off the skirt"

Listen, they both came back from devastating ACL injuries. Rodney knows what Brady has to do to come back. HE has all the respect in the world for Brady.

That was just old-school ball-busting razzing.

This is football, if you can't take it, take up bird-watching.

Ball busting is good in the locker room. All the announcers were questioning this call and I am just saying their opinion is wrong. I know all about how tough football is. If you are going to be a douche, I have a bird right here you can watch.

what did Olbermann say? I missed that

He just mocks the Pats.. you can tell he doesn't like them. He referred to the penalties as "roughing the Brady" calls... and mocked and tried to make a Belichick face at the end (that part was almost funny). He just couldn't be more obvious about his hatred for the Pats since spygate.

sorry im just getting to this thread now.... i was busy out back burning my Rodney Harrison jerseys. Then i ripped page 37 out of all of the books that i own.

haha funny.

I get it was a joke, but what does the ref's call have to do with Brady's toughness?

It's funny because it's coming from a guy who has gone to war and won championships with Brady. It's funny because they both have reputations as tough, gritty competitors who lead their respective units during the greatest run in franchise history. It's funny because when you go through sh*t like that with someone else and have mutual respect, you can say sh*t like that to them and laugh about it!

Is it really that difficult?

But he is not saying it to Brady. He is saying it to a national audience, a national audience that doesn't necessarily see Brady in the same light as he does. There are many in the national audience that feel that Brady is a baby and overly protected. He knows that and he was pandering to the audience not clowning around with Brady. Get it?

Wasnt Wilfork exonerated on that call. I heard something on weei but dont know who said it.

Well, I think he wasn't fined. I guess that's like being exonerated.

Rodney was definitely just joking.. I can't believe it's a big deal to people. I think Olbermann's comments on the play-by-play were far more worthy of pissing off Pats fans.

I heard him. Making calls like "Roughing the Brady" as if it was only Brady that got those calls and crap like that. It was probably that stuff that made me more sensitive to Harrison's comments.

Here's a question for everyone:

Whos feelings are really getting hurt here? Tom Brady's? or the fan's?

I hope the players aren't this sensitive.

You guys don't think Rodney and others busted Toms balls in practice?

I'd be willing to bet alot worse than that was said...

Rodney probably thinks that rule is weak as well......
I'm not sure I understand the venom in this thread.

I take it alot of folks on here haven't played team sports at all..ribbing is something that happens by the minute.

TV announcing is now a sport?

Screw him. Why shouldn't Brady take advantage of anything that is legal? That's the game and I'd expect no less from any player.

flagg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back