PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison: "Tom Brady, take off the skirt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rodney Harrison: "Take off the skirt"

Ball busting is good in the locker room. All the announcers were questioning this call and I am just saying their opinion is wrong. I know all about how tough football is. If you are going to be a douche, I have a bird right here you can watch.

I don't think we're good with birdwatching here. We seem to be destroying birds lately.

How come Olberman and co. didn't mock Trent Edwards and the Bills when Wilfork was flagged for tackling him around the hips?

Oh yeah, because they didn't win.

But he is not saying it to Brady. He is saying it to a national audience, a national audience that doesn't necessarily see Brady in the same light as he does. There are many in the national audience that feel that Brady is a baby and overly protected. He knows that and he was pandering to the audience not clowning around with Brady. Get it?

That's assuming your national audience is dumb. I'm sure many people got the point that he was not serious.

Re: Rodney Harrison: "Take off the skirt"

I don't think we're good with birdwatching here. We seem to be destroying birds lately.

LOL. Good one. Now that is a funny joke. Let's just hope we can handle horses.

Here's a question for everyone:

Whos feelings are really getting hurt here? Tom Brady's? or the fan's?

I hope the players aren't this sensitive.

I am sure nobody's feeligns are hurt, fans or players alike. I am still confused how its funny. Who is it funny to?

Here is the video in case anyone hasn't seen it:

YouTube - Rodney Harrison and Ray Lewis diss Tom Brady

Doesn't look like he is joking around to me.

Man. Some of you guys really need to chill out. I didn't see this many people getting so upset when at his first PC Cassell gave a shout out to his boy Pollard for the opportunity. :p
Let's all be adults here and think rationally. Harrison is no longer a member of the New England Patriots. Harrison is no longer a football player. Harrison is now a member of the media. If he wants to continue making good money at the job he is doing, then people have to take him seriously, and respect what he says. If every time the Pats are brought up, Harrison does a pole dance, he is going to be run out of town. He needs to make comments like this here and there. He needs to show that he isn't biased.

Do I like the comment? No! Why would I? Do I understand the comment and why it was made? I sure as hell do.

I never poke fun at my friends

You must have the most thin-skinned friends known to man.

It's Rodney's job to say outlandish stuff. He wasn't hired to be a X's and O's commentator.

That's assuming your national audience is dumb. I'm sure many people got the point that he was not serious.

When I see how many people still buy into the whole Patriots are cheaters thing, I do think the national TV audience is dumb.

This is the same national audience that believed a video camera could change the outcome of games, right?

Rodney never minded the disrespectful quotes of the media when he was a player. He never let those kind of things turn into a chip on his shoulder.

Last edited:
When I see how many people still buy into the whole Patriots are cheaters thing, I do think the national TV audience is dumb.

They call us cheaters not because they actually believe it, but because they have it in for us.

Irony.......

Man. Some of you guys really need to chill out. I didn't see this many people getting so upset when at his first PC Cassell gave a shout out to his boy Pollard for the opportunity. :p
Let's all be adults here and think rationally. Harrison is no longer a member of the New England Patriots. Harrison is no longer a football player. Harrison is now a member of the media. If he wants to continue making good money at the job he is doing, then people have to take him seriously, and respect what he says. If every time the Pats are brought up, Harrison does a pole dance, he is going to be run out of town. He needs to make comments like this here and there. He needs to show that he isn't biased.

Do I like the comment? No! Why would I? Do I understand the comment and why it was made? I sure as hell do.

Well, I think that is my point, at least. I understand what he is going for as well. The idea that he was trying to joke around with Tom as if he is standing next to him is ridiculous. He was trying to make a name for himself at his exteamate expense. And I still wouldn't have a problem with it if I felt he actually believed it. Do I still like Rodney, yeah. But I thought he was in the wrong there.

I am sure nobody's feeligns are hurt, fans or players alike. I am still confused how its funny. Who is it funny to?

Here is the video in case anyone hasn't seen it:

YouTube - Rodney Harrison and Ray Lewis diss Tom Brady

Doesn't look like he is joking around to me.

I didn't necessarily say it was funny either way. My biggest point in this entire thread is that since Rodney Harrison has taken over in the booth there have been fans talking about how he was going to bring a fresh perspective to a booth full of morons. And we cheered him on and laughed when he said edgy things about other teams. And all of a sudden after one comment about the Patriots people are upset at Rodney. It's okay to disagree with what he's saying (and for the record, I do), but I don't see the need to get all incredulous when he says something that isn't pro-Patriot.

For a bunch of testosterone-filled football fans, some of you are a bit delicate.

I didn't necessarily say it was funny either way. My biggest point in this entire thread is that since Rodney Harrison has taken over in the booth there have been fans talking about how he was going to bring a fresh perspective to a booth full of morons. And we cheered him on and laughed when he said edgy things about other teams. And all of a sudden after one comment about the Patriots people are upset at Rodney. It's okay to disagree with what he's saying (and for the record, I do), but I don't see the need to get all incredulous when he says something that isn't pro-Patriot.

Do you think he actually believes what he said?

It all comes down to hypocracy.

Tony Dungy was sitting right next to him. I would say the same thing if Mr. Dungy made a wisecrack about someone acting too religiously pious.

The crack may be funny, but by definition it would be hypocritical.

i think we need to under stand that harrison is a NFL commentator now not a ( new england patriot )

that's what he get's payed to do talk BS about every one not just the jets

so if he said for brady to take off he's skirt WHO CARE'S

im sure he has said a lot worst to he's face befor

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye