PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this season proof that Brady needs Belichick?

@MAC10 is full of sh*t. Absolute clown show.

Raving about Mahomes in the postseason where he can't beat Brady. Mahomes will have to win 8 Super Bowls to catch Brady. Based on his Super Bowl performances so far (2 TDs, 4 INTs, 64.2 passer rating) he won't come close. Last we saw of Mahomes in the postseason he was choking up the AFCCG... his last 7 drives in that game: 16 yards/punt, 17 yards/punt, 7 yards/INT, -2 yards/punt, -4 yards/punt, 49 yards/FG, 0 yards/INT... that's 83 yards, 2 INTs and 4 punts in 7 drives. Nice job.
Mahomes is clearly one of the best QBs but has no chance of catching Brady. No QB does. Tommy LomBrady is too far ahead.

That's funny, a picture of Burress wide open in the end zone because of Belichick's choking defense. Brady handed Belichick a 4-point lead with 2 minutes left, that close to a perfect 19-0 season, and Belichick choked.

Let's rank the biggest head coaching choke jobs in the history of the Super Bowl:

1. Belichick SB 42
2. Belichick SB 52
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
v
3. _______________
Say what we want about Bill's style or his drafting of players, but he makes less mistakes during a season than most others make in a game. The fact that he's making more mistakes in the SB is directly related to the fact that he also had Brady as a QB so he got there far more often than any other HC. I'll take his % of mistakes over anyone else.

I remember having this same type of discussion here a while back when talk of the 4th and 2 call at Indy came up. However, for every one of those situations I can think of many others where Bill made the right call, especially when I compare them to the other HCs out there.

As great a HC as Bill has been here though, I'll always remember him as the guy who chased away the greatest QB who ever played.

Say what we want about Bill's style or his drafting of players, but he makes less mistakes during a season than most others make in a game. The fact that he's making more mistakes in the SB is directly related to the fact that he also had Brady as a QB so he got there far more often than any other HC. I'll take his % of mistakes over anyone else.

I remember having this same type of discussion here a while back when talk of the 4th and 2 call at Indy came up. However, for every one of those situations I can think of many others where Bill made the right call, especially when I compare them to the other HCs out there.

As great a HC as Bill has been here though, I'll always remember him as the guy who chased away the greatest QB who ever played.
There has never been a more consequentially asinine decision than Belichick benching Malcolm Butler in SB 52.

It's amusing how Pork has dropped Montana as his idol and has latched on to Mahomes in his pathetic attempts to discredit Brady. Unlike with Montana, we actually have two head to head playoff games of Brady vs Mahomes.

2018 AFCCG: Brady Wins (1-0), Mahomes loses (0-1).
2020 SB: Brady wins (2-0), Mahomes loses (0-2).

Brady was 41 and 43 yo when he beat Mahomes in the two most important games of any season. It must be pretty embarrassing for a young hot shot QB to get schooled by an >40 washed up QB. Brady won his last two SBs in his 40s by beating Mahomes. Lmao. Case closed.

Prediction: Pork counters with meaningless stats and excuses when all that really matters are the 2 Dubs. Two SBs baby. Thank you for participating Patrick.

It's amusing how Pork has dropped Montana as his idol and has latched on to Mahomes in his pathetic attempts to discredit Brady. Unlike with Montana, we actually have two head to head playoff games of Brady vs Mahomes.

2018 AFCCG: Brady Wins (1-0), Mahomes loses (0-1).
2020 SB: Brady wins (2-0), Mahomes loses (0-2).

Brady was 41 and 43 yo when he beat Mahomes in the two most important games of any season. It must be pretty embarrassing for a young hot shot QB to get schooled by an >40 washed up QB. Brady won his last two SBs in his 40s by beating Mahomes. Lmao. Case closed.

Prediction: Pork counters with meaningless stats and excuses when all that really matters are the 2 Dubs. Two SBs baby. Thank you for participating Patrick.

LMAO, I guess Peyton is the real GOAT since he beat Brady 3 times in the AFCCG, while Brady only beat him twice in the playoffs. Case closed.

Only an idiot would use head-to-head as a basis for comparison in the ultimate team sport.

Mahomes can make every throw that Brady can. Brady cannot make every throw Mahomes can.

There has never been a more consequentially asinine decision than Belichick benching Malcolm Butler in SB 52.
Bill's rumpswabs will tell you that it was the correct move in spite of the obvious. The only reason I think there's something behind it is because Butler hasn't complained at all about it, even to this day.

LMAO, I guess Peyton is the real GOAT since he beat Brady 3 times in the AFCCG, while Brady only beat him twice in the playoffs. Case closed.

Only an idiot would use head-to-head as a basis for comparison in the ultimate team sport.

Mahomes can make every throw that Brady can. Brady cannot make every throw Mahomes can.
Good God this moron is still here? Do you know what seperates the great from the best? Results. Brady has them, no matter how much you cry and moan and try to put any other player on his level, he has results that is better, and will always be better. I know this hurts, I know it kills you inside. Nobody....will ever....do what he has done....ever. Nobody will have that level of consistency that long....ever again. Mahomes throwing a pass that Brady can do does not change that. There are a million things that go into being a QB. So there are a lot of things that Brady has done that Mahomes will never do. At some point mahomes will get injured enough to where he slows down considerably, and he will go through a period where he has bad players around him, and bad coaching, and what does he do then? That is the mark of greatness. Brady has overcame everything that the NFL has to offer, mahomes has not. Mahomes is not even a small mole on Brady's ass. The fact that you are in here trying to say he is says that you are a troll. You coudl say this stupid **** over on any other forum, but you choose to do it on a Brady forum. You need help, brady has ruined your life so bad that this is what you are now. Its time to go outside and look at the sun and reevaluate your life, because this is just sad at this point.

Let me try and explain this like Im talking to a 3 year old. Brady has 7 superbowls. Manning has 2....Brady has 37 playoff wins, Manning has 11. So what you are missing is...Brady has all of that over mahomes too and oh yeah is 2-0 in an afc title games and the superbowl against mahomes. See, its not about just one thing, its about all things...Brady has all things, Peyton and Mahomes do not....see how it works? No you probably dont.

Bill's rumpswabs will tell you that it was the correct move in spite of the obvious. The only reason I think there's something behind it is because Butler hasn't complained at all about it, even to this day.
Butler didn't have to say anything... you could see it on his face on the sideline. Poor guy was in tears. He was pissed after the game as well:

"They gave up on me. F*ck. It is what it is. I don't know what it was. I guess I wasn't playing good or they didn't feel comfortable. I don't know. But I could have changed that game."

That sounds like he was complaining about being benched.

Let me try and explain this like Im talking to a 3 year old. Brady has 7 superbowls. Manning has 2....Brady has 37 playoff wins, Manning has 11. So what you are missing is...Brady has all of that over mahomes too and oh yeah is 2-0 in an afc title games and the superbowl against mahomes. See, its not about just one thing, its about all things...Brady has all things, Peyton and Mahomes do not....see how it works? No you probably dont.
no no no, you don't understand...

Eli is better than Brady because he beat him twice head to head
BUT....
Head to head doesn't matter when comparing Brady to Mahomes

Don't you realize this, you fool..?!?!?!?

Good God this moron is still here? Do you know what seperates the great from the best? Results. Brady has them, no matter how much you cry and moan and try to put any other player on his level, he has results that is better, and will always be better. I know this hurts, I know it kills you inside. Nobody....will ever....do what he has done....ever. Nobody will have that level of consistency that long....ever again. Mahomes throwing a pass that Brady can do does not change that. There are a million things that go into being a QB. So there are a lot of things that Brady has done that Mahomes will never do. At some point mahomes will get injured enough to where he slows down considerably, and he will go through a period where he has bad players around him, and bad coaching, and what does he do then? That is the mark of greatness. Brady has overcame everything that the NFL has to offer, mahomes has not. Mahomes is not even a small mole on Brady's ass. The fact that you are in here trying to say he is says that you are a troll. You coudl say this stupid **** over on any other forum, but you choose to do it on a Brady forum. You need help, brady has ruined your life so bad that this is what you are now. Its time to go outside and look at the sun and reevaluate your life, because this is just sad at this point.

Who says Brady isn't the most accomplished QB in NFL history? I'm talking about who has more talent...and it ain't Captain Checkdown.

no no no, you don't understand...

Eli is better than Brady because he beat him twice head to head
BUT....
Head to head doesn't matter when comparing Brady to Mahomes

Don't you realize this, you fool..?!?!?!?

How it's going at 18-0:

GaseousSickHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.gif

How it went:

120721-tom-brady-michael-strahan-1.jpg

Our hearts were broken,” he recalled. “I didn’t sleep but for 20 minutes that night.”

Last edited:
You guys, Pork has nothing but he doesn't care. He thinks his pathetic child level trolling is "winning." He's deluded his pea brain to actually think he's accomplishing something; oblivious to the fact that even on the main forum he's looked as a sad morron w/ no life & a creepy obsession w/ Brady. Even Ian treats him like the freak that he is. Be kind to Pork. This forum is all he has when he's not on his 2nd favorite forum: incelsunite.com

Butler didn't have to say anything... you could see it on his face on the sideline. Poor guy was in tears. He was pissed after the game as well:

"They gave up on me. F*ck. It is what it is. I don't know what it was. I guess I wasn't playing good or they didn't feel comfortable. I don't know. But I could have changed that game."

That sounds like he was complaining about being benched.
I don't remember seeing that quote from Butler. I got a sense that he wasn't one of Bill's favorites from the beginning. In spite of Butler's decent play Bill didn't seem to want to keep him at any cost. It was obvious early on that Butler wasn't one of Bill's favorites.

I don't remember seeing that quote from Butler. I got a sense that he wasn't one of Bill's favorites from the beginning. In spite of Butler's decent play Bill didn't seem to want to keep him at any cost. It was obvious early on that Butler wasn't one of Bill's favorites.
Belichick didn't like Gronk either, and tried to trade him to Detroit prior to the 2018 season, which probably would have cost them the Super Bowl. Thankfully Gronk said f*ck that and forced a withdrawal of the trade offer. Gronk ended up taking a season off thereafter in part because he was sick of dealing with Belichick's bullsh*t. If unretiring back to New England was Gronk's only option then he never would have played another snap in the NFL.

Belichick was also nudging Brady out of town as early as 2014. He eventually got his way and it spectacularly blew up in his face. Belichick has a long history of dispatching players because he's just personally sick of them. Now he's hiring friends and family for prominent positions in the organization as well. I'm not a fan of it.

It's amazing how people just ignore Brady's age in everything he's accomplished since turning 40.

This notion is cropping up on the main forum. In part because I made a joke about Tom > Bill which prompted some rebuttal (and my dismissal from the thread without even saying another word). But to answer my own question here, the answer is NO.

The idea that Brady is having a bad season is overrated. Statistically his numbers are decent... he leads the NFL in attempts and completions yet he has the fewest INTs (1) and the lowest INT% (0.3%). He's 2nd in yards and 3rd in first down completions (Mahomes and Burrow are 1 & 2). He's 2nd in completed air yards (total yards completed passes traveled in the air past the line of scrimmage before being caught).

All that despite the Bucs having the worst running game in the NFL by far. 32nd (last) in yards, 32nd in yards per attempt, and 30th in TDs. Fournette is 10th in attempts but 25th in yards, 49th in yards per attempt, and 29th in rushing yards after contact per rush.

The Bucs offense has been unusually bad in the red zone this season. Currently ranking 29th (tied with the Patriots!) in team red zone scoring percentage (TDs only). Passing game, running game, pass and run blocking, play-calling... all bad in the red zone. Really this is the key to turning their season around offensively as a team. This must improve, including Brady's play. The passing game has been good between the 20's. The running game has been putrid in all situations but hopefully at least they can get tougher in the low red zone.

Is Bowles a complete loser as a head coach? Yes. But supposedly so was Arians. All I heard for two seasons was how much of a clown Arians is and how he was only getting in the way until Brady dispatched him before this season. Now people (including me lol) bemoan his absence because the team looks lifeless (like the current HC) and is currently second in the division behind freaking Atlanta.

Although I think Arians could infuse some enthusiasm in the locker room, and get players to hold themselves more accountable, I'm not sure he can impact the on-field product. Players need to execute better. The defense needs to at least maximize their effort, which truthfully is lacking in some of their supposed bigtime players. Leftwich needs to do some serious self-evaluating, and film study, and figure out where he needs to make significant changes in his play-calling.

Regarding Belichick, while the IBWT crowd wants to scoff at Brady's season, the Patriots are probably a quarterback away from being relevant. Their primary weakness has been quarterback play. The supposed guy – Mac Jones – is now fitting in nicely with the other disappointments taken in the 1st round of the 2021 draft. Right now, they all suck (except for the unavailable Trey Lance), some worse (Zach Wilson) than others (Justin Fields might be a poor man's Lamar Jackson).

Mac Jones is currently 33rd in TD% and 35th in INT% (dead last among qualifiers). He hasn't been any good since the 3-pass attempt game vs Buffalo in week 15 of last season... there are all kinds of ugly numbers to back this up. He's probably a roughing the passer call away from losing his starting job to Bailey Zappe... who may or may not be the better option but I guess we're going to bury him because of one bad half when really the entire team fell apart against a bad opponent.

So, in summary since Brady and Belichick split:

Brady

27-14 regular season
5-1 postseason
Division title
Super Bowl title
Super Bowl MVP
105 passing TDs

Belichick

21-20 regular season
0-1 postseason
3rd, 2nd & 4th in the division (after 16 straight 1st place finishes with Brady)
46 passing TDs (all QBs combined)

If we're answering the question honestly then it seems obvious who needs who more. I mean Brady won a SUPER BOWL. Brady has nothing left to prove regardless of how this season, or his career, ends. And the current season has a long way to go yet. By its end it's a good bet that Brady has a better record, better standing in his division, and a better chance in postseason. While Belichick is probably looking at a lot of uncertainty at the quarterback position for the remainder of this season and possibly for the remainder of his career.
Brady is going through a very difficult and emotional divorce and it’s extra hard for him because of the kids I’m sure. I think he also is finally starting to show his age and there’s more “lack of patience” with him. He hasn’t “Looked” even remotely happy since the divorce happened and his main pillars on OL left due to injury and retirement. This has nothing to do with BB ….

Belichick didn't like Gronk either, and tried to trade him to Detroit prior to the 2018 season, which probably would have cost them the Super Bowl. Thankfully Gronk said f*ck that and forced a withdrawal of the trade offer. Gronk ended up taking a season off thereafter in part because he was sick of dealing with Belichick's bullsh*t. If unretiring back to New England was Gronk's only option then he never would have played another snap in the NFL.

Belichick was also nudging Brady out of town as early as 2014. He eventually got his way and it spectacularly blew up in his face. Belichick has a long history of dispatching players because he's just personally sick of them. Now he's hiring friends and family for prominent positions in the organization as well. I'm not a fan of it.
We always heard that Bill doesn't have favorites but it just isn't true.

As for who needs who more, I think having the Indiots win a game with Jeff Saturday as their "HC" should put the "the coach is more important" argument to bed.

Players are the key to winning. And if I were a player or a coach I'd want the best players on my side, not the best thinkers.

And finally, the reason that I'm not as upset about Bill's nepotism as many others are here is because his kids are coaches and I don't feel like they matter much to the results.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back