PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison: "Tom Brady, take off the skirt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been getting lambasted for being a Pats rumpswab, so he figured this was a good time to fire a salvo..

Nothing to see here.

If Brady had just stood still while Suggs dove at his knees, he likely would have gone down and legitmately garnered the call.

Just bc Brady reacted quickly and dipped out of the way doesn't mean that Suggs still didn't illegally (based on the new rule) dive at a QB's knees. Based on the new rule, that was a flag.

It was actually not as bad as the Wilfork call vs. Edwards.

And good teams overcome bad calls. They are part of the game.

If I'm reading the media and the fans right, Brady should never, under any circumstance, draw a roughing penalty.

That's effing weird.

LMAO at "getting pretty sick of this guy's comments". If he had said it about Manning, this forum would be loving it saying "Yeah, that Rodney! He sure tells it like is!". I said a couple of weeks ago that the reaction around here would be priceless the moment he calls the Pats out about something. This thread and the OP have certainly delivered (though some of you can and are taking it in stride).

I actually agree the call was bad. Not sure why Harrison had to rip Brady though. And it didn't come across as being a joke.

If I'm reading the media and the fans right, Brady should never, under any circumstance, draw a roughing penalty.

That's effing weird.

He should. If it actually IS roughing. But that first roughing call was complete B.S.

So now former teammates can't make fun of eachother?

C'mon guys, I think some of us here need to take off the skirt and laugh a little bit.

Last edited:
This most certainly was said in jest. No doubt about it.

He should. If it actually IS roughing. But that first roughing call was complete B.S.

so was the same call that went against the pats on Flacco..\
Both were lame.. let's move on

So now we hate Rodney? Some of you guys are too much. I took it as a joke and Rodney posturing to sound like less of a homer, which he's been accused of since he started. Why anyone cares enough to get mad I just don't understand.

Rodney Harrison: "Take off the skirt"

I love Rodney Harrison but he is way off base tonight. He says Tom Brady needs to take off the skirt and man up. How in the hell can anybody question the toughness of Tom Brady? The defenseman for the Ravens dove for his knee and hit it. It doesn't matter if he only grazed it. He intentionally dove for his knee. That is now a penalty.

The part that ticks me off the most is that these clowns always make a big deal about controversial calls that go the Patriots way, but never say anything about calls that goes against the Patriots. The Wilfork roughing the passer penalty in the Buffalo game was worse than this one, yet the media never said anything about it. Of course the Patriots never whine like crybabies, so they don't draw attention to themselves.

Love Rodney, but he seems to want to make controversial comments just to stir things up, but he should not call into question Tom Brady's manhood. He really should know better. I hope he doesn't become just another ex-jock who becomes a media clown.

Re: Rodney Harrison: "Take off the skirt"

the refs made the call, not brady.

if brady's knee was shredded in that play suggs would be called dirty, etc.

it's so ridiculous how everyone passes judgement

So now we hate Rodney? Some of you guys are too much. I took it as a joke and Rodney posturing to sound like less of a homer, which he's been accused of since he started. Why anyone cares enough to get mad I just don't understand.

He said that with a smirk/smile if it helps ! come on fellas, we know Rodney :)

Sorry, did not see the other thread. Mods please move.

Who hates Rodney???

I love my kids, but if they make a hypocritical statement, whether or not in jest, I will point it out.

B-O-B-B-Y W-A-D-E.

I just can't beleive that Harrison would question Brady's toughness. Brady has been hit more the last two years that he played than any other QB in the league.

Has anyone here ever played sports?
I'm no superjock but in football, hoops and softball/baseball I was ALWAYS busting the balls of guys on my team and especially the hosers on the enemy squad. Sure, a couple times in softball I got chased off the field by guys on the other team with bats and no sense of humor, but c'mon people!

I disagree with Rodney's interpretation but I luv the TFB ball busting.

Has anyone here ever played sports?

Just judging by some of the expert "analysis" and opinions that I read around here, I would guess that the majority of posters here have not.

I just can't beleive that Harrison would question Brady's toughness. Brady has been hit more the last two years that he played than any other QB in the league.

He was JOKING. He was laughing when he said that.

I love Rodney Harrison but he is way off base tonight. He says Tom Brady needs to take off the skirt and man up. How in the hell can anybody question the toughness of Tom Brady? The defenseman for the Ravens dove for his knee and hit it. It doesn't matter if he only grazed it. He intentionally dove for his knee. That is now a penalty.

The part that ticks me off the most is that these clowns always make a big deal about controversial calls that go the Patriots way, but never say anything about calls that goes against the Patriots. The Wilfork roughing the passer penalty in the Buffalo game was worse than this one, yet the media never said anything about it. Of course the Patriots never whine like crybabies, so they don't draw attention to themselves.

Love Rodney, but he seems to want to make controversial comments just to stir things up, but he should not call into question Tom Brady's manhood. He really should know better. I hope he doesn't become just another ex-jock who becomes a media clown.

Were you actually watching him when he said that? He was actually laughing when he said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes