PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison: "Tom Brady, take off the skirt"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what Brady did wrong (should he have declined the penalty?) but it was pretty funny.

LMAO at "getting pretty sick of this guy's comments". If he had said it about Manning, this forum would be loving it saying "Yeah, that Rodney! He sure tells it like is!". I said a couple of weeks ago that the reaction around here would be priceless the moment he calls the Pats out about something. This thread and the OP have certainly delivered (though some of you can and are taking it in stride).

This ^

I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to mention the fact that the past few weeks most of the comments around here have been "It's so good to have an announcer being honest and not afraid to hold anything back!"

We can't have it both ways. Rodney doesn't work for the New England Patriots anymore - he doesn't have to kiss the teams butt when he's broadcasting nor do I expect him to. I think he's been pretty candid about a lot of different subjects. And really, his comments don't surprise me at all considering his aggressive style of play on the field.

It was funny, and Brady is probably laughing his a** off right now. I'm sure Rodney texted Brady right after and said: "It's all love my man, I'm just trying to be controversial to keep my job with these goons. "

Re: Rodney Harrison: "Take off the skirt"

Were you actually watching him when he said that? He was actually laughing when he said that.

Yes I was watching him. And joking or not, Rodney is totally WRONG in his opinion that it should not have been a penalty.

This ^

I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to mention the fact that the past few weeks most of the comments around here have been "It's so good to have an announcer being honest and not afraid to hold anything back!"

We can't have it both ways. Rodney doesn't work for the New England Patriots anymore - he doesn't have to kiss the teams butt when he's broadcasting nor do I expect him to. I think he's been pretty candid about a lot of different subjects. And really, his comments don't surprise me at all considering his aggressive style of play on the field.

I think Rodney is great and love his candidness.

Bobby Wade, however, proves he is being a hypocrit on this subject. Just being objective - - it is what it is.

Last edited:
I am just going to follow Brady's lead on this one. If Tom gives Rodney the Tom Jackson treatment, we'll know if he took it as serious.

Most likely, Tom has a text from Rodney telling him it was all in fun.

The "Brady rule" is clear as day: don't go after the QBs legs. If you don't want 15 yard penalties, don't dive at his legs 3 seconds after he throws the ball. I would think even someone as dumb as Suggs could understand that.

Christ there are some precious folk around here. He did have a wry grin on his face when he made the comments you know.

I have no problem if someone wants to say that that hit should not have been a penalty.

But if they are going to call it on Wilfork then they should definitely need to call it on Suggs.

And if they are going to criticize Brady for it then where is the criticism for Edwards?

I understand that Harrison is just trying not to look like a homer, but it was still off base. Its this type of sensationalism that I hate out of anyone. Its one thing if you say something contraversial because you really believe it. Its another to say it because you are just trying to get a reaction. Its a punk move and pretty disappointing. I thought he was better then that...unless he really does think Brady wears a skirt.

Tom probably called him after the segment and busted his balls about it, and they probably had a good laugh...I seriously doubt Brady would take that as some serious assessment, it's just Rodney having some fun! A little offensive/defensive team captain rivalry if you will :)

People just really don't get ballbusting, do they?

It was actually not as bad as the Wilfork call vs. Edwards.

Wasnt Wilfork exonerated on that call. I heard something on weei but dont know who said it.

I actually agree the call was bad. Not sure why Harrison had to rip Brady though. And it didn't come across as being a joke.

I expect Harrison is getting some heat for his previous Patriots homerism statements. He went to far in the other direction tonight IMO. Brady does not throw the flags. Sure he asked the ref for a flag, like a 100 other NFL players did today.

I really wouldn't get worked up over it. I'm sure they are still BFFs, and Rodney won't get snubbed when Brady and Gisele are mailing out their Christmas letters this year.

Tom probably called him after the segment and busted his balls about it, and they probably had a good laugh...I seriously doubt Brady would take that as some serious assessment, it's just Rodney having some fun! A little offensive/defensive team captain rivalry if you will :)

Rodney isn't on the team anymore. He isn't joking around with his friends in the lockeroom anymore. Its one thing if you bust your buddy among friends, its another to throw him under the bus for no reason in front of a national audience just to boost your career.

Rodney isn't on the team anymore. He isn't joking around with his friends in the lockeroom anymore. Its one thing if you bust your buddy among friends, its another to throw him under the bus for no reason in front of a national audience just to boost your career.

I agree. That comment didn't sound cool to me. That's just my opinion.

Thank you sir , i agree with you , and i am sure the PATS franchise will look into their relationship with Rodney in the near future.A lot of things might change.

Last edited:
Who hates Rodney???

I love my kids, but if they make a hypocritical statement, whether or not in jest, I will point it out.

B-O-B-B-Y W-A-D-E.

If it's made in jest, then it's not hypocritical.

Re: Rodney Harrison: "Take off the skirt"

Yes I was watching him. And joking or not, Rodney is totally WRONG in his opinion that it should not have been a penalty.

Listen, they both came back from devastating ACL injuries. Rodney knows what Brady has to do to come back. HE has all the respect in the world for Brady.

That was just old-school ball-busting razzing.

This is football, if you can't take it, take up bird-watching.

If it's made in jest, then it's not hypocritical.

Plenty of jokes can be hypocritical.

The fact that Rodney spent an entire offseason biching and moaning about what Bobby Wade did to him with the low block makes this BY DEFINITION "hypocritical".

Was it funny or in jest? Sure. Can we laugh about it? Sure.

Is it hypocritical? Sure.

Larry David makes plenty of funny jokes about other people being ugly. They are funny as hell and I enjoy laughing at them. Still, Larry and I being hypocrits! It's definitive.

I'm not angry at Rodney. It's merely a statement of fact that his joke is one of hypocracy.

If Tom Brady makes a joke about another player being a slow runner, it could be hilarious and harmless - - and hypocritical.

Your statement that "If it's made in jest, then it's not hypocritical" is 100% wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing