PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan...just "imagine" for a second... him as the DC for the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Rex Ryan...just "imagine" for a second... him as the DC for the Pats

Do you think it could be that he was trying to get the best talent available rather than select by need?

I doubt it. When they went after Asomugha and Cromartie, there was plenty of other good to great talent available at pressing needs. It was about building a dominant secondary. It wasn't like Asomugha and Cromartie were the two best free agents on the market.

Lol, no like Darius Butler, Pat Chung and Kyle Arrington.....

Darius Butler had a great game last week for Indy. He seems to have found a home there. I thought he was decent and could have stayed here.

Darius Butler had a great game last week for Indy. He seems to have found a home there. I thought he was decent and could have stayed here.

Curtis Painter had a game with a 115.8 QB rating, with 2 TDs and no INTs. He also had a game with a 99.4 QB rating, with 2 TDs and no INTs. He still sucks.

This never gets old...

Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!" - YouTube

You play to win the game. You don't just play to play. :D

Yes, you play to win but that doesnt mean that's what you judge a coach on. Jim Caldwell won 14 games in his first season as HC of the Colts, should we conclude he was a great coach? It seems winning was a lot easier when he had Manning as his QB. Rexy has the Sanchise as his QB, which makes winning a lot tougher.

You judge a coach by how well he does with the tools at his disposal. A coach can't control the schedule, so one probably should go nuts praising a coach if they have a very easy schedule, similarly if they have great talent to work with.

An accurate judgment of a coach should take into account the factors outside of his control.

Rex is staying in NY anyway. Contrary to popular belief, he's an excellent coach just needs a smart GM to help him with 'the groceries'

I assume you mean an excellent head coach. Actually, he's a laughingstock as a head coach who was building an implosion which we've known has been coming for a few years and which we are now witnessing. He's oblivious to what is happening on offense and has minimal ability to manage a team such that they stay focused and united when the tough times hit.

Yes, you play to win but that doesnt mean that's what you judge a coach on. Jim Caldwell won 14 games in his first season as HC of the Colts, should we conclude he was a great coach? It seems winning was a lot easier when he had Manning as his QB. Rexy has the Sanchise as his QB, which makes winning a lot tougher.

You judge a coach by how well he does with the tools at his disposal. A coach can't control the schedule, so one probably should go nuts praising a coach if they have a very easy schedule, similarly if they have great talent to work with.

An accurate judgment of a coach should take into account the factors outside of his control.
Who are you talking to? No one has said w/l is the only consideration.

Could you see him as a defensive coach for the Patriots? I know, I know..... but before you slash me and my suspect idea, hear me out.

One condition. Make him kiss BB's rings first :D

0ap1000000095862.jpg

This never gets old...

Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!" - YouTube

You play to win the game. You don't just play to play. :D

That is in the same category as Mora with "you talkin' about playoffs?" and Dennis Green with "they are who we thought they were".

Timeless classics that work on so many discussions. :)

One condition. Make him kiss BB's rings first :D

And put the video on ESPN, NFL Network, CSN New England, NESN, Youtube, MSG, Slurp, Slurp 2, Slurp Latino, Slurp Xtreme, Slurp HD, and most importantly... all the pre game and post game shows on CBS, FOX, and NBC.

Well his brother Rob was an assistant here under BB, but now that Rex has "come out" to the public by being a loud, brash, buffoon of a HC, it wouldn't work here where BB wants his assistants to keep their mouths shut.

Correct.

The question is, if the team's welfare depended on it - indeed, if Rex's own job depended on it - could he restrain himself and is tendencies to be a loud brash bafoon?

I think we have already seen the answer to that question.

Let me guess...that's Wrecks Cryan and...Kid Brady????

worst thread evah...

The only thing I can "imagine" Rex Ryan doing after getting future endeavored from the Jets as head coach is hitting up Old Country Buffet on a daily basis.

The only thing I can "imagine" Rex Ryan doing after getting future endeavored from the Jets as head coach is hitting up Old Country Buffet on a daily basis.

aw, c'mon Demo man...just imagine....

3730114-their_signboard_at_night_Angeles_City.jpg

Rex Ryan..proprietor

Okay so he'll hire someone to massage his feet while he gouges out at Old Country Buffet. :eek:

I have read this same thing on Redskins boards, as well. But for all we know Rexy might still be the Jets coach next years. And if he is fired there will be a lot of teams lining up to hire him.

One alternative someone mentioned is NY's current D-Coordinator Mike Pettine. Obviously he knows Ryan's defense and would be a suitable back up plan. Plus he has experience coaching a 3-4 and 4-3.

great...good for ol' Toe Whammer Jammer Wrecksie...I don't give a brown squirt what he does or where he goes after the Jets crash...as long as it is nowhere NEAR the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back