PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss and Curran both report Taylor, Neal, Wilfork, Pryor, Warren, Kaczur all out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buffalo may not have to pass once in this game. This game may be an indicator of things

to come if the Patriots lose all their free agents.

Also, on the flipside, what happens if we stuff their run somehow. Does Vince's value drop.

Re: Reiss and Curran both report Taylor, Neal, Wilfork, Pryor, Warren all out

You've cried and moaned about the linebacker spot for months. In one thread, I had to go through the entire decade to show you the Steelers comparison because you were whining about how much attention they'd paid to the position and I had to deal with that myth. It was all about the past for you.

I spent years talking about the present and future at linebacker, not months. Presently we have a leader with less than two years in the league and the supposed veteran in open rebellion.

I can't find all those threads where I cried about cutting Bruschi, Vrabel and McGinest. I did and continue to hope we replace them in some fashion, as we will Seymour.

Am I going to cry if they aren't as good as big Sey, or our best LBs? No. we just need talent at the front seven in whatever configuration.

You're the one looking out the window wi$tfully, hoping the ghosts of the past return.

note to editing software, if I wanted to say $TFU, I would.

Not you Deus, apparently the software doesn't like my poetic use of wi$TFUlly.:D

Last edited:
Also, on the flipside, what happens if we stuff their run somehow. Does Vince's value drop.

Yeah, if that happens we're trading him and warren for #7's or whatever we can get.

Seriously, the Colts a few years ago got run over by Denver in an embarrassing fashion. They changed their scheme and went on to the SB. this is Buffalo. We can game plan for one game to control them enough. It works or it doesn't.

If we control them awhile and out up some points, we don't need to worry about linemen so much

Last edited:
Sooooo
We are decimated on both lines.
Weather is foul and we need a running game and to stop the run

In past years when things looked dark this team would amaze me with efforts that resulted in victories completely unanticipated
I have no such confidence in this squad

I hope that I am mistaken

PS
If we are faced with a 4th and short and O'Brien calls the fullback dive play I will destroy my Samsung and and ask Santa for a new OC and DC

Merry Christmas to all

Sooooo

PS
If we are faced with a 4th and short and O'Brien calls the fullback dive play I will destroy my Samsung and and ask Santa for a new OC and DC

Merry Christmas to all

It works all the time in madden 10. So does going for on 4th and 2. The Pats coaching staff must play too much madden.

Since there has been no report of anyone being released and a fifth DL being promoted from the Practice Squad, there are just the four DL - I don't expect a 40 front in the base defense today.

You are so right..... This is scary. I don't really consider J.Green a 34 end, Brace who know's what he is and Wright a 2 gappin nose he is not. This one is going to be interesting......

I spent years talking about the present and future at linebacker, not months. Presently we have a leader with less than two years in the league and the supposed veteran in open rebellion.

I can't find all those threads where I cried about cutting Bruschi, Vrabel and McGinest. I did and continue to hope we replace them in some fashion, as we will Seymour.

Am I going to cry if they aren't as good as big Sey, or our best LBs? No. we just need talent at the front seven in whatever configuration.

You're the one looking out the window wi$tfully, hoping the ghosts of the past return.

note to editing software, if I wanted to say $TFU, I would.

Not you Deus, apparently the software doesn't like my poetic use of wi$TFUlly.:D

RayClay... you have to judge a trade after it happens. You can't judge it before it happens, because it hasn't happened.

The only way to judge the trade is to note the impact. Part of the impact of the Seymour deal is going to be felt today, whether or not the Patriots win. And, as I seem to have to point out quite a bit lately, this is a message board. This is a place where things like Patriots trades and their impact are discussed. It's what such boards are designed for.

As a bit more on the Seymour trade, have you seen the PFT story?

Last year at about this time, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made it clear that college football players with remaining eligibility should not rush into the 2009 draft due to concerns that a rookie wage scale would be adopted for 2010. Goodel said that there would be no change to the current system until 2011 at the earliest.

Now, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that a rookie wage scale would not be implemented until 2012 at the earliest.

So if underclassmen are thinking about coming out due to concerns that the windfalls will evaporate in 2011, think again. The big money will still be there.

Mort: No rookie wage scale until 2012 | ProFootballTalk.com

If Mort is correct, that's just one more element of a bad trade that its supporters will have to swallow while pretending that everything tastes yummy. The "top pick, less money" argument will have gone out the window.

Last edited:
This is a game where the offense MUST show up and be a clock eating machine. They must score, they must not turn the ball over and they must control time of possession by a wide margin. If that happens the Patriots will survive with their depleted D-line and win this game. If the offense doesn't show up and play to their capabilities the Bills will win this game.

Brace for disaster.

LOL. Good one.:D

We pull this game off in a spirited effort, it could be the start of something.

This might really be the day for throwback uniforms, because I think the game will play as though The Ralph fell through a time warp back to the 50's or so.

Lots of running and smash-mouth line play in the cold and wind with a banged-up Superstar at QB on one side and a Harvard lad on the other, each hoping his Prima Donna WR left his attitude in the locker room.

A day when Wes will have to sacrifice his body once again to catch 12--15 over the middle or towards the sideline a few yards down-field if we're gonna win.

A day when we'll really miss Brewski and Vrabes and Richard to the extent that Buffalo will try to run it down our throats until we show we can stop them without big Vincent plugging the middle.

A day when Ghost will have to bring his A+ game because it's likely that one of his kicks will have to decide this one. Might be the first time he's asked to do what Adam did and win a "must win" game from just a little too far out in conditions so bad that no one would blame him for missing but when we all know he has to make the kick.

I think the OL is OK. Neal has been out a lot. Vollmer playing for Kaczur certainly can't hurt. That Neal being injured was 100% forseeable and the FO did nothing about it is another matter entirely. If we don't like our fuard play, maybe Buffalo will lend us Levitre.

The only way to judge the trade is to note the impact. Part of the impact of the Seymour deal is going to be felt today, whether or not the Patriots win. And, as I seem to have to point out quite a bit lately, this is a message board. This is a place where things like Patriots trades and their impact are discussed. It's what such boards are designed for.

2/3 of the starting d-line is hurt. Everyone understands Seymour is better than Green and would be a positive impact while on the field in 2009. That being said, when 2/3 of the starting line is out, it doesn't make sense to argue it as a point of emphasis. You don't not trade someone in anticipation that 2/3 of your line would get hurt. The real debate is 1st round pick vs. 1 year of Seymour. There is no debate that Seymour is talented and would help if he played in 2009.

2/3 of the starting d-line is hurt. Everyone understands Seymour is better than Green and would be a positive impact while on the field in 2009. That being said, when 2/3 of the starting line is out, it doesn't make sense to argue it as a point of emphasis. You don't not trade someone in anticipation that 2/3 of your line would get hurt. The real debate is 1st round pick vs. 1 year of Seymour. There is no debate that Seymour is talented and would help if he played in 2009.

Any team that doesn't take such factors into account should have its staff summarily dismissed.

Last edited:
While I continue to be opposed the Seymour trade, the inability of our 2009 #40 pick to get any significant reps is also very important today.

This is a game where the offense MUST show up and be a clock eating machine. They must score, they must not turn the ball over and they must control time of possession by a wide margin. If that happens the Patriots will survive with their depleted D-line and win this game. If the offense doesn't show up and play to their capabilities the Bills will win this game.

Agree. Hopefully today will be the 2009 Maroney moment.

The Patriots may pay the price for having Brace inactive much

of the year. He has virtually no playing time. To expect him to

have a decent performance today is not reasonable.

Where is Troy Brown when you need him?

You mean another fumble in the end zone? :eek: ;)

Maybe some returns on the confidence BB showed him by continuing to play him despite the fumbles. He has been running with more confidence and they could use some big plays from the running game today.

Last edited:
You mean another fumble in the end zone? :eek: ;)

:( No, that's not what I had in mind, but I do agree with a couple of other posters who have said that Brady also needs to/will have a big day passing in order for us to win. We need to hang 27 on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News