PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss and Curran both report Taylor, Neal, Wilfork, Pryor, Warren, Kaczur all out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't we supposed to be getting healthy by now. :( At least the Bills don't have anybody on the opposite side of Schobel that can be a dominant pass rusher.

Re: Reiss and Curran both report Taylor, Neal, Wilfork, Pryor, Warren all out

Please don't go down this road, Mr. "LINEBACKER!". Your hypocrisy here is just way too much to deal with without fits of laughter.

Yeah, I think they should bring back Johnny Rembert.

Seriously, though BB really blew it by cutting Chris Slade. Sure they won some Super Bowls but you can't deny even an old crusty Slade would have helped against The Colts in '06.

I'll never forgive BB for that one.

Last edited:

Yeah, I think they should bring back Johnny Rembert.

Seriously, though BB really blew it by cutting Chris Slade. Sure they won some Super Bowls but you can't deny even an old crusty Slade would have helped against The Colts in '06.

I'll never forgive BB for that one.

Bring back Tippett, Nelson and Brown while we're at it.

Bring back Tippett, Nelson and Brown while we're at it.

I'll explain what sarcasm is.

I have been critical for the lack of forward thinking regarding the linebacker position. We finally acquired two after years, one who we have now benched, the other who is excellent, but is being seriously challenged as a "leader" because he is only a second year player.

Still, I have hopes Thomas will at least come back this year, sometimes you miss on free agents. Had we drafted a young linebacker or two, five years ago, they would be real veterans by now, but I'm happy they drafted Mayo, better late than never.

You see, unlike you, I don't live in the past. i don't sob in my hankie about players the coach decided to jettison for whatever reason. There will be more drafts and more free agents, and we still could use some linebackers as well as Defensive Ends (there are new ones every year).

I still hold out hope that Crable and Thomas will turn doubts around and hope the years will make Mayo a real team leader. Anything is possible in the future. So, have a whiskey and cry about the bygone greats, I don't. That's why my post was sarcasm.

Last edited:

I'll explain what sarcasm is.

No need, but thanks. I should note that Tippett & Co were put forth in response, in that same vein, and that we've now seen both hypocrisy and irony at work in your posts.

I have been critical for the lack of forward thinking regarding the linebacker position. We finally acquired two after years, one who we have now benched, the other who is excellent, but is being seriously challenged as a "leader" because he is only a second year player.

Still, I have hopes Thomas will at least come back this year, sometimes you miss on free agents. Had we drafted a young linebacker or two, five years ago, they would be real veterans by now, but I'm happy they drafted Mayo, better late than never.

You see, unlike you, I don't live in the past. i don't sob in my hankie about players the coach decided to jettison for whatever reason. There will be more drafts and more free agents, and we still could use some linebackers as well as Defensive Ends (there are new ones every year).

You've cried and moaned about the linebacker spot for months. In one thread, I had to go through the entire decade to show you the Steelers comparison because you were whining about how much attention they'd paid to the position and I had to deal with that myth. It was all about the past for you.

I still hold out hope that Crable and Thomas will turn doubts around and hope the years will make Mayo a real team leader. Anything is possible in the future. So, have a whiskey and cry about the bygone greats, I don't. That's why my post was sarcasm.

Again.... linebackers. If I were talking about your pet peeve, you'd be lining up to chime in about how bad a job the Patriots have done there, in your eyes, so enough with the pot/kettle stuff.

Wilfork, Warren..... D-line and out for the game.

Seymour...... D-line, but traded away.

Noting that absence is not exactly miles off topic.
To one with axes to grind there are always ways to make it seem like it's all about what they want it to be..why not talk about McGinest, Vrabel, Harrison, Bruschi and others not with the team. Move on..you obviously don't like the trade, but it's jaded to keep going back to that when actually teh topic is about now...not the past.

As has been said if we don't see Brace take some major reps today then I think theres likely a major issue somewhere. If it IS technique related I wonder they didnt spot this at their scouting sessions (or maybe they thought he had the size and they could teach the rest?)

As long as we're panicking...

Crazy Uncle Box proposes: D-line L to R --- Brace - Wright - Green.
-- Brace is a run stuffer and would be working against the reconstituted right side of the Beefalo O-line (Buffalo Bills reshuffle offensive line again | democratandchronicle.com | Democrat and Chronicle).
-- Wright is the veteran, reserve NT who is more likely to keep the ILBs clean working against Buffalo's most experienced OL.
-- Green, of course, remains in his usual slot.
-- Adams is better able to back-up all three DL, and coming in on passing downs to spell Wright & Green, would be better for collapsing the pocket than Brace.

As long as NE is getting back to basics on defense, play a 3-4, replace Warren with Brace and plug Wright back inside, start Wilhite over Butler and Sanders over McGowan, and use Meriweather at SS to put more speed/play making ability 'in the box.'

That doesn't sound that bad, it's just brutal that Brace is such an unknown. That's spooky with the season on the hinges.

Wilhite over Butler is interesting. I'm not sure which one is better. Seems like Butler plays tighter, but Wilhite maybe plays smarter?

As long as we're panicking...

Crazy Uncle Box proposes: D-line L to R --- Brace - Wright - Green.
-- Brace is a run stuffer and would be working against the reconstituted right side of the Beefalo O-line (Buffalo Bills reshuffle offensive line again | democratandchronicle.com | Democrat and Chronicle).
-- Wright is the veteran, reserve NT who is more likely to keep the ILBs clean working against Buffalo's most experienced OL.
-- Green, of course, remains in his usual slot.
-- Adams is better able to back-up all three DL, and coming in on passing downs to spell Wright & Green, would be better for collapsing the pocket than Brace.

As long as NE is getting back to basics on defense, play a 3-4, replace Warren with Brace and plug Wright back inside, start Wilhite over Butler and Sanders over McGowan, and use Meriweather at SS to put more speed/play making ability 'in the box.'

They willl have to play a ton of 43. I have this recurring vision of Brace getting scooped and pooped in the 34. Battlefield promotions and 4 big fatties not 3..... They are going to step up.....

With Adams, Wright, Green and Brace all not exactly known for their stoutness vs he run, would not be suprised to see more blitzing this game on running downs and leave it up to the DB to cover their men.

Buffalo may not have to pass once in this game. They may gain

500 yards running the ball. This game may be an indicator of things

to come if the Patriots lose all their free agents.

Why didn't the Patriots IR someone so they could activate

Richard and have another DL? Fred Taylor would have been a

good candidate but it would have hurt his feelings.

Last edited:
They willl have to play a ton of 43. I have this recurring vision of Brace getting scooped and pooped in the 34. Battlefield promotions and 4 big fatties not 3..... They are going to step up.....
Since there has been no report of anyone being released and a fifth DL being promoted from the Practice Squad, there are just the four DL - I don't expect a 40 front in the base defense today.

I still think the Pats will win this game - Buffalo just isn't very good.

BTW - I was going to watch the Eagles game at 12pm, but b/c of the snow blizzard, they had to delay it, so I'll be watching your game instead.

Last edited:

The NFL (now) requires that when a team travels it discloses players that definitely didn't make the trip. I don't know why, but it does.

cough, cough, cough, Seymour not making a trip and still being listed as "probable" cough, cough, cough

OMG, after reading 10 pages of doom, I'm just afraid to watch today's loss. Here we go another 1-15 season, the #1 pick again. When will this team ever get it right. I know, we have won or tied for the division the last 8 years and the only playoffs we missed were on tie breakers but clearly those were aberration.

OMG, after reading 10 pages of doom, I'm just afraid to watch today's loss. Here we go another 1-15 season, the #1 pick again. When will this team ever get it right. I know, we have won or tied for the division the last 8 years and the only playoffs we missed were on tie breakers but clearly those were aberration.

you think this is doom? :D Wait and see if we lose today's game, :eek: although I hope that's not going to happen. :)

This (the loss of WIlfrok, Warren, & Pryor) might give BB an excellent chance to whip out his "genius" label which seems to have taken a few hits lately.

I'm guessing that the D- Line will have Green, Brace/Adams, with Burguess, TBC, Thomas, and Nitowski all spending time playing DE.

What might be even more intriguing is seeing if Thomas could play the "3" tehcnique (Waren's spot). He is big enough, I wonder how he would fare?

Look for alot of Sanders/Merriweather up in the box today.

By the end of the day we'll know how much bargaining power Wilfork will have on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News