PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss and Curran both report Taylor, Neal, Wilfork, Pryor, Warren, Kaczur all out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss and Curran both report Taylor, Neal, Wilfork, Pryor, Warren all out

We're talking about trading away the team's best defensive player just days before the season began, not trading away a backup player early in the offseason. Why would I give them a pass about stupid moves of this magnitude when the team is 4+ years removed from its last Super Bowl victory? If we're going to do that, there's really no need to have a message board.

As a general rule, the former players I mention tend to be restricted to Graham, Seymour and Hobbs, with Graham talked about mainly for what his blocking might have meant in the 2007 Super Bowl. Since Hobbs and Seymour are absences from this year's roster after having been on the team last year and under Patriots' control in the offseason, I don't see why they should just be forgotten, and Belichick given a pass on them.

I guess we have to agree to disagree; my last response on this subject but I am curious to know your stance: 'best defensive player' and 'stupid moves' are based on your insight as a fan, correct? Do you concede that BB/FO might know a lot more on what is going on than us average fans and if they agree to trade the 'best' player, they possibly could have good reasons behind do so?

And come on...though the last (but third) SB we won was four years ago, are you telling me that you are now doubting BB/FO because we 'only' reached the SB - setting some amazing records during that year - and AFCC in the last four years and did nothing more?

I guess we have to agree to disagree; my last response on this subject but I am curious to know your stance: 'best defensive player' and 'stupid moves' are based on your insight as a fan, correct? Do you concede that BB/FO might know a lot more on what is going on than us average fans and if they agree to trade the 'best' player, they possibly could have good reasons behind do so?

Anything's possible. But, again, if you're not going to have people disagreeing with the team on moves of this magnitude, why bother having a message board? It would be much easier to just swallow the PR from the team, at that point.

Now, do you concede that this defense has taken a major hit with the loss of Seymour, and that this team would likely be much better on defense and in the return game if it had kept Seymour and Hobbs for this season?

And come on...though the last (but third) SB we won was four years ago, are you telling me that you are now doubting BB/FO because we 'only' reached the SB - setting some amazing records during that year - and AFCC in the last four years and did nothing more?

I'm telling you that I don't buy into the "It's good because it's Bill" stuff, and I'm telling you that I don't believe you keep giving someone the benefit of the "WTH?" 4 years removed from a Super Bowl title. Belichick's the best coach in the game. He let himself get spread too thin this year once Pioli and McDaniels moved on, and it's cost the team.

green and wright starting at DT with brace and adams to back them up

AD and burgess starting at DE

mayo and guyton at LB with chung as the nickel/OLB

Since Hobbs and Seymour are absences from this year's roster after having been on the team last year and under Patriots' control in the offseason, I don't see why they should just be forgotten, and Belichick given a pass on them.

I forgot Hobbs about 5 minutes after watching Bodden play. Live in the present, it's not that hard. Of course Having one of our 3 #1 pick DLs would be preferable to none. That's a lot different than saying Having one year of Seymour, or a huge long term contract is better than having the top pick of a horrible team. Maybe Seymour has four or five great injury free years left maybe he doesn't.

Graham and Hobbs? lol

Hobbs was a good returner, but Tate might have been good too if not injured, Maroney was great at one time too. Hobbs was not a good starting cornerback in the NFL.

Last edited:
green and wright starting at DT with brace and adams to back them up

AD and burgess starting at DE

mayo and guyton at LB with chung as the nickel/OLB

Oh! There is someone here who's not fighting over done-bun.

That sounds good, you could rotate Chung and McGowan, but you've got Woods, too as well as TBC, who can play DE or OLB.

Oh! There is someone here who's not fighting over done-bun.

That sounds good, you could rotate Chung and McGowan, but you've got Woods, too as well as TBC, who can play DE or OLB.

very good i for got about woods and TBC

Anything's possible. But, again, if you're not going to have people disagreeing with the team on moves of this magnitude, why bother having a message board? It would be much easier to just swallow the PR from the team, at that point.

Now, do you concede that this defense has taken a major hit with the loss of Seymour, and that this team would likely be much better on defense and in the return game if it had kept Seymour and Hobbs for this season?

I'm telling you that I don't buy into the "It's good because it's Bill" stuff, and I'm telling you that I don't believe you keep giving someone the benefit of the "WTH?" 4 years removed from a Super Bowl title. Belichick's the best coach in the game. He let himself get spread too thin this year once Pioli and McDaniels moved on, and it's cost the team.

Thanks for posting your thought Deus. We are not that far off on some views but let's get back to this thread.

What do you think of JSN's thought of having AD and Burgess as ends?

I forgot Hobbs about 5 minutes after watching Bodden play. Live in the present, it's not that hard. Of course Having one of our 3 #1 pick DLs would be preferable to none. That's a lot different than saying Having one year of Seymour, or a huge long term contract is better than having the top pick of a horrible team. Maybe Seymour has four or five great injury free years left maybe he doesn't.

Graham and Hobbs? lol

Hobbs was a good returner, but Tate might have been good too if not injured, Maroney was great at one time too. Hobbs was not a good starting cornerback in the NFL.

Please don't go down this road, Mr. "LINEBACKER!". Your hypocrisy here is just way too much to deal with without fits of laughter.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting your thought Deus. We are not that far off on some views but let's get back to this thread.

What do you think of JSN's thought of having AD and Burgess as ends?

I think that, if the Bills see that lineup, they should take all the air out of the ball and run it down the throats of the Patriots, focusing mainly on the side of the line where Green is lined up at tackle. Even with the Bills terrible line, that could be an absolute disaster for New England. There's just not enough meat in the seats there.

Last edited:

our only hope is to have 11 fast guys on the field and just forget about having a D line this game

obviously

That's just rich!

our only hope is to have 11 fast guys on the field and just forget about having a D line this game

obviously

Well, I'm hoping that Adams or Brace is able to hold up in the middle, along with Wright. I won't be shocked by a lot of 4-3 defense to counter the Bills weak line by just amassing size against it.

Last edited:

Well, I'm hoping that Adams or Brace is able to hold up in the middle, along with Wright. I won't be shocked by a lot of 4-3 defense to counter the Bills weak line by just amassing size against it.

Or the Pats could just have a handful of their 7 safeties just try to leap over the O line screaming BONZAI

Or the Pats could just have a handful of their 7 safeties just try to leap over the O line screaming BONZAI

Nah.... that might have worked on Edwards, though, and it would have gotten Losman to fold like a cheap tent, back in the day.

Last edited:

Nah.... that might have worked on Edwards, though, and it would have gotten Losman to fold like a cheap tent, back in the day.

I'm out of ideas

better cancel my trip to BWW as the Pats have no hope

I'm out of ideas

better cancel my trip to BWW as the Pats have no hope

So you're at 0% confidence in Adams and Brace, huh? Well, it should be an interesting game. Lousy O-line vs. devastated D-line.

No big deal as long as we've still got a healthy Seymour........

Oops! Nevermind.
It's always good to have people go off topic, hijack a thread and shove their jaded point of view into it all. I think some need to spend some time following the Lions, the Raiders and some other pitiful teams. One might learns a bit.

So you're at 0% confidence in Adams and Brace, huh? Well, it should be an interesting game. Lousy O-line vs. devastated D-line.

I'm just saying that if my ideas are so terrible then whatever the coaching staff comes up with will have no chance of working

It's always good to have people go off topic, hijack a thread and shove their jaded point of view into it all. I think some need to spend some time following the Lions, the Raiders and some other pitiful teams. One might learns a bit.

Wilfork, Warren..... D-line and out for the game.

Seymour...... D-line, but traded away.

Noting that absence is not exactly miles off topic.

Last edited:
The options at the middle of a 4-3 are kind of interesting, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised to see some 3-4 with Brace or Wright, but the 4-3 with all those guys (and Wright can get after the passer pretty well also) could be fun to watch.

I think we'll give up some runs, but balance those by blowing a bunch up in the backfield. Having the faster cats on the D-Line for this game might be just what Buffalo's team doctor ordered (so he can put in some OT).

I don't think it's grasping at straws to say that we still have the horses to keep Buffalo down, but I sure hope The W's are rehabbing at light speed. Maybe they can get Demarcus' magic NASA laser or whatever it was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News