PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss and Curran both report Taylor, Neal, Wilfork, Pryor, Warren, Kaczur all out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean Wright and Adams at NT?

We have just enough left with Burgess and Green at DE and Wright and Brace at NT. It's not pleasant but if Buffalo beats us it will be passing not running and our DL should be as mediocre as ever against the pass with this group.

Re: Reiss and Curran both report Taylor, Neal, Wilfork, Pryor, Warren all out

No big deal as long as we've still got a healthy Seymour........

Oops! Nevermind.

Yeah, Seymour has been an absolute terror in Oakland ... not.

brutal injury report.....the offense has to win this game....lynch and jackson are going to run wild on our defense...

Yeah, Seymour has been an absolute terror in Oakland ... not.

Great point, because Randy Moss proved that a player will get exactly the same results in Oakland as in New England, and vice versa. ;)

Great point, because Randy Moss proved that a player will get exactly the same results in Oakland as in New England, and vice versa. ;)

That's odd. Unlike Moss, Seymour says he loves being an Oakland Raider. You'd think that would make him play better. Oh well.

Probably looking at Green-Adams-Wright on the line, with Burgess and Brace rotating

Ummm.....Yeah.

What do the Pats do on the dline now?

hmmm...well, on offense, I'd say "drop back and punt," but, well, i guess i don't know the answer to that question...hope tommy's ribs are ok and Moss' ego is ok, because i think we're gonna need to put up some points tomorrow...

Do you mean Wright and Adams at NT?
I forgot about Adams. Him and Wright, yeah, but Brace will probably get in some too. Regardless, without more injuries we're just ok, but only just.

No big deal as long as we've still got a healthy Seymour........

Oops! Nevermind.

Get over it.

The offense needs long drives to score. Keep the defense off of the field

Get over it.

:confused:

Has the season ended with a Patriots' Super Bowl victory already?

Are waiver deals at all possible this time of year? I'd love to pick up Santonio Thomas or LeKevin.

:confused:

Has the season ended with a Patriots' Super Bowl victory already?

Deus, I have a lot of respect for your views and patient posts but how long do you intend pulling up an ex-Pat player in almost every other thread? The other poster was asking you to move on, and rightfully so.

You and I have no idea what goes on when the FO pulls the triggers on trades. I can understand your anger/shock/hurt/disappointment for the first few weeks. But, can't you give BB/FO the respect they deserve for giving us such a nice run for the last eight years and accept their controversial decisions as part of their overall long term strategy?

Last edited:

Deus, I have a lot of respect for your views and patient posts but how long do you intend pulling up an ex-Pat player in almost every other thread? The other poster was asking you to move on, and rightfully so.

You and I have no idea what goes on when the FO pulls the triggers on trades. I can understand your anger/shock/hurt/disappointment for the first few weeks. But, can't you give BB/FO the respect they deserve for giving us such a nice run for the last eight years and accept their controversial decisions as part of their overall long term strategy?

We're talking about trading away the team's best defensive player just days before the season began, not trading away a backup player early in the offseason. Why would I give them a pass about stupid moves of this magnitude when the team is 4+ years removed from its last Super Bowl victory? If we're going to do that, there's really no need to have a message board.

As a general rule, the former players I mention tend to be restricted to Graham, Seymour and Hobbs, with Graham talked about mainly for what his blocking might have meant in the 2007 Super Bowl. Since Hobbs and Seymour are absences from this year's roster after having been on the team last year and under Patriots' control in the offseason, I don't see why they should just be forgotten, and Belichick given a pass on them.

Last edited:
Wow....
If Brace doesn't see the field tomorrow that will spill the beans the he is really Corkeys Twin Brother.
And a SERIOUSLY BLOWN # 40 pick.

Any logic to a D-Line with AD and Burgess as ends?

I almost have this vision of some kind of patchwork 4-3 D making incredible plays tomorrow.

Are Neal and Kaczur being put out to pasture 'under the radar?'

Connolly - Neal's replacement - won a game ball last week, and we all know how much better Vollmer is than Kaczur. Something to think about.

QB12

We're talking about trading away the team's best defensive player just days before the season began, not trading away a backup player early in the offseason. Why would I give them a pass about stupid moves of this magnitude when the team is 4+ years removed from its last Super Bowl victory? If we're going to do that, there's really no need to have a message board.

As a general rule, the former players I mention tend to be restricted to Graham, Seymour and Hobbs, with Graham talked about mainly for what his blocking might have meant in the 2007 Super Bowl. Since Hobbs and Seymour are absences from this year's roster after having been on the team last year and under Patriots' control in the offseason, I don't see why they should just be forgotten, and Belichick given a pass on them.
thats fine but they got 18-0 without graham . You suddnely justify that move as wrong because they couldnt finish the last 1:30 in that game ?
seymour himself has missed quite a bit of games including playoff games against the colts and pitt which we won.
Agree our depth sucks and brace if he is a bust you can blame bb for the drafts but lot of ex players can help you when your team is struggling...

thats fine but they got 18-0 without graham . You suddnely justify that move as wrong because they couldnt finish the last 1:30 in that game ?

Nothing sudden about it. I was on that soapbox from the beginning.

seymour himself has missed quite a bit of games including playoff games against the colts and pitt which we won.
Agree our depth sucks and brace if he is a bust you can blame bb for the drafts but lot of ex players can help you when your team is struggling...

Seymour is an ex-player who can help you when your team is dominating. He was the team's best defensive player. But, I didn't mention him to make the whole thread about Seymour. It was just a dig due to the depth. Frankly, Buffalo doesn't impress me, so the Patriots should still win this. Heck, if the snow is still on the ground, Brace suddenly becomes a more viable force, since he won't have to cover as much ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back