PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post-Game Notables. Vollmer, Faulk, Secondary, O'Brien, 4th Down Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vollmer is the real deal, you guys might have a stud for years to come on that Left side. Dwight beat him a couple times but they were on three step drops so Vollmer probably knew he only had to slow Freeney down.

Faulk again, wow. I hope to never have to play against him again. He does it time after time against us.

I think our young secondary did a pretty decent job on Moss and Welker. Moss didn't beat the rookies for his deep plays he beat the safeties.

Maroney fumbling at the goal line, ugh. I saw him run it and just put my head in my hands I then heard the colts have the ball and was shocked.

I have never seen Brady take so many 3 step drops before. That was a huge show of respect for what that front 4 can do.

Daniel Muir, one of our DT's played a good game and was causing some real issues inside.

Joe Addai was running the ball well, too bad he missed the middle two quarters of the game.

Total team effort in keeping Clark in check yesterday. Great job by that defense to take him away.

Reggie Wayne is the man.

Our rookie Wideouts played like rookies yesterday, dropping some easy passes.

I don't agree with "the call" and think it will be questioned for a long time.

All in all another great chapter in this rivalry and let's do this again sometime :)

We blew a 17 point lead and gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter. It's on the D. With a big assist from the coaching staff, I grant you.

The whole thing is way too similar to 2006.

But even in 06, I thought it was the offense who choked, not the D.

Belichick put the game on the offense's shoulders, and they couldn't come through.

I don't care how good your defense is, you go 3 and out as many times as we did, hand Manning the ball that many times and once on our 30, you're going to give up alot of points. Offensive playcalling was putrid down the stretch in both halves or this one wouldn't have been close.

The whole thing is way too similar to 2006.

But even in 06, I thought it was the offense who choked, not the D.

Belichick put the game on the offense's shoulders, and they couldn't come through.

What were the playcalls?

Seemed pretty crappy to me.

On the last one, Brady was asked to get them a 1st down, and I'd be hardpressed to say he really failed.

This wasn't on the D. If our D-line was hurt/injured, then play dime and force Peyton to make an epic 70 yard TD drive with 2 minutes left.

There were 10 minutes left on the first one and 4 minutes left on the second.

They were putting 6 dbs back there (according to the box showing defense/offense on NBC) and the Colts were running the ball successfully.

Addai/Simpson ran for 25 yards on one of the series.

That's not the point. The point is that statement assumes that the Colts won BECAUSE they had heart, which also assumes that the Patriots did NOT play with heart, or at least not as much as the Colts. That is just ridiculous. The Pats wanted this game just as much as the Colts. They played with just as much "heart" as the Colts.

Right. I think we agree on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes