PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick 2, 3 or 4

Harrison is the best WR to come out in ages. He's like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald. If you have a QB like Fields, the best thing you can do for him is give him Harrison.

But you're not getting Harrison if you trade down for #1 unless you're willing to give the Patriots almost as big a ransom as you got for Caleb Williams.

Say some team gives the Bears 3 first rounders and a 2nd (the 49ers gave up 3 first rounders and a 3rd for Lance, including the #12 pick which ended up being Micah Parsons) for Williams. I suspect the haul might be even bigger than that. 4 first rounders. The Bears would have to turn around and give the Patriots more than half of that haul.

Would the Patriots take the deal? They'd have to first insist on the higher pick (4-8) than the Bears own 9. Why? Because this is a draft with only 14 players with first round grades, and they would want an immediate player (likely a tackle).

The Bears just may decide to stick it out with Harrison. These guys are worth at least 2 or 3 first rounders these days.
That loss yesterday was SO worth it.

3 vs 4 is a huge difference in this draft.

Would the Patriots be crazy to look at trading for Jordan Love?

Maybe they need not give up much draft capital.

So your saying NEP come away MHJ and Daniels?
Bears - fields
Commanders - daniels
Patriots- MHJ / drake maye ( possibility)
Cardinals - want MHJ
Chargers want MHJ

Trade 3 and our 4th rounder to cardinals 4 + their second rounder. We still get Maye and an extra 2nd rounder.

Bears - fields
Commanders - daniels
Patriots- MHJ / drake maye ( possibility)
Cardinals - want MHJ
Chargers want MHJ

Trade 3 and our 4th rounder to cardinals 4 + their second rounder. We still get Maye and an extra 2nd rounder.
Or the Cardinals give up their #2 to swap places and the Pats keep their 4th.

I am still intrigued by Penix, some players with injury concerns make it and some don’t.

Knee issues should be less of an issue for a pocket passer, and maybe the player manages to play through the injuries on the the way to a HOF career

Like Gronk.

I am still intrigued by Penix, some players with injury concerns make it and some don’t.

Knee issues should be less of an issue for a pocket passer, and maybe the player manages to play through the injuries on the the way to a HOF career

Like Gronk.
1) Penix isn't a pocket passer.
2) He's already 24.
3) Gronk left several seasons on the field due to his injuries. It's a lot easier to adjust to having a TE out for the year, than a QB.

I usually hate when they trade back but if it’s trade back or take Drake Maye I’m fine with it , in fact I’d prefer it as long as you don’t trade yourself out of the first round.

Like Gronk.
Atlanta , raiders and titans are other teams which need a QB outside of pats and commanders .

Russel Wilson will probably come in as vet qb at 17-20 million. So that leaves 4 teams which need a qb. Fields will be a stop gap qb for team that might draft nix or penix.

Fields trade should not net them anything more than a 3rd this season and Conditional 2nd 2026 season if Fields becomes franchise qb.

Maye, daniels , williams - first round

Nix, penix - late 2nd round and 3rd round

Mccarthy - late 3rd or 4th.

I don't think titans will trade up like panthers. New GM . No way they risk it by spending all assets on rookie qb.

Raiders Have some momentum last few games . So they might end up adding brock bowers to help stidham.

So very limited chance bears gets a haul by trading down .

If we are okay with Fields/ Flacco / penix trade down to 6 , get extra 2nd round pick and get best OT in 1st round and double dip at OT in R2 and WR in R2 . Sign Fields/ Flacco and also tee higgins and resign onwenu , Henry, zeke.

Drastically improves the team .

If I'm Chicago I trade the pick. However, the Chicago franchise has been ridiculously mismanaged for over two decades so they likely keep the pick.

Atlanta , raiders and titans are other teams which need a QB outside of pats and commanders .

Russel Wilson will probably come in as vet qb at 17-20 million. So that leaves 4 teams which need a qb. Fields will be a stop gap qb for team that might draft nix or penix.

Fields trade should not net them anything more than a 3rd this season and Conditional 2nd 2026 season if Fields becomes franchise qb.

I don't think titans will trade up like panthers. New GM . No way they risk it by spending all assets on rookie qb.

Raiders Have some momentum last few games . So they might end up adding brock bowers to help stidham.

If we are okay with Fields/ Flacco / penix trade down to 6 , get extra 2nd round pick and get best OT in 1st round and double dip at OT in R2 and WR in R2 . Sign Fields/ Flacco and also tee higgins and resign onwenu , Henry, zeke.

Penix will absolutely go in the first round. Nix might as well, depending if there's a big run on QBs.

He just led the Packers to the playoffs in his first season starting. Why the hell would they trade him?
Love is a good example of what bringing an NFL QB along looks like. Two years to learn the system and then he got better and better every week as the starter. Best QB in the league the last four weeks. Pretty incredible.

Penix will absolutely go in the first round. Nix might as well, depending if there's a big run on QBs.
Let's see. Flacco, Russell wilson and fields are vets who have played decently down stretch . So all 3 would be starters on one of the 6 qb needy teams . Pittsburg wouls have been one but mason Rudolph is having a great second half like love.

If nix or penix are not viewed as starting qb for this year , expect them to be drafted no sooner than 2nd round.

If I'm Chicago I trade the pick. However, the Chicago franchise has been ridiculously mismanaged for over two decades so they likely keep the pick.
If they are happy with Fields (and they should be) then the only trade that makes sense for Chicago is trading with Washington.

But that presupposes the new GM at Washington has his head on straight and prefers Caleb Williams over Maye.

Trading with Washington helps Chicago in 2 ways. They get an extra pick (say the Commanders' 2nd rder) and they select Harrison.

Otherwise I wouldn't trade if I'm the Bears.

If they are happy with Fields (and they should be) then the only trade that makes sense for Chicago is trading with Washington.

But that presupposes the new GM at Washington has his head on straight and prefers Caleb Williams over Maye.

Trading with Washington helps Chicago in 2 ways. They get an extra pick (say the Commanders' 2nd rder) and they select Harrison.

Otherwise I wouldn't trade if I'm the Bears.
If the Commanders want to trade up for a QB we should see how cheaply we can get Howell from them for. I'm guessing some part of Rivera being fired was him and management disagreeing that Howell is the guy and history favors Washington's management being flat out wrong.

If the Commanders want to trade up for a QB we should see how cheaply we can get Howell from them for. I'm guessing some part of Rivera being fired was him and management disagreeing that Howell is the guy and history favors Washington's management being flat out wrong.
They have new GM though.

I suspect they may keep Howell on just in case they need to bring the rookie along a little slowly. You can always trade Howell later.

I wouldn't give anything higher than a 4th for him anyway. Better than Zappe? Yes, but not a long term solution.

There is no way Penix makes it out of round 1. If he tears it up tonight, he's gonna go in the top 10.

There is no way Penix makes it out of round 1. If he tears it up tonight, he's gonna go in the top 10.
The more teams that want QBs is great for us anyway. That way we can trade back and get a cornerstone OT, WR, and QB prospect all by the early second round.

The more teams that want QBs is great for us anyway. That way we can trade back and get a cornerstone OT, WR, and QB prospect all by the early second round.

If Harrison somehow falls to us @3, you have to pick him imo. The Bears should take him since they already invested in Fields, but if they love Caleb and pick him, I'm assuming the Commanders are going to take Maye. That would leave us with Harrison. This would be the easiest pick.

If the Bears pick Harrison, the Commanders are probably gonna take Caleb which will leave the us with Maye. Do we take him at 3? Something about the kid screams Zach Wilson. All the impressive hightlights of him throwing on the run etc, does that really translate in the NFL? It's the same thing with Caleb and Daniels, they look great against college defenses but does that translate in the NFL?

If Harrison somehow falls to us @3, you have to pick him imo. The Bears should take him since they already invested in Fields, but if they love Caleb and pick him, I'm assuming the Commanders are going to take Maye. That would leave us with Harrison. This would be the easiest pick.

If the Bears pick Harrison, the Commanders are probably gonna take Caleb which will leave the us with Maye. Do we take him at 3? Something about the kid screams Zach Wilson. All the impressive hightlights of him throwing on the run etc, does that really translate in the NFL? It's the same thing with Caleb and Daniels, they look great against college defenses but does that translate in the NFL?
Or trade back a bit with someone, but they really need to make it worth our while if Harrison is there.

Agree with all of this except the bit about Williams. I've never seen a guy be able to throw so effortlessly, without a windup. I am not saying he's better than Mahomes, but I do think he throws better than Mahomes, and from as many angles and positions.

He reminds me of the unnatural plays one might make with a video game quarterback.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back