PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick 2, 3 or 4

If you're watching tonight's championship game, you know why I'd rather spend a 2nd rounder on Justin Fields than wait and hope for one of these guys to amount to anything out of college.

Draft MHJ and sign cousins and draft penix if he falls to 3rd round .

If you're watching tonight's championship game, you know why I'd rather spend a 2nd rounder on Justin Fields than wait and hope for one of these guys to amount to anything out of college.

Penix was disappointing tonight for sure but spending pick 34 on a QB who has averaged one fumble per start during his NFL career and fewer than 200 yards passing per game as third year player still seems like a poor use of assets to me.

Draft MHJ and sign cousins and draft penix if he falls to 3rd round .
yup, exactly what Kraft would never do: pay $40M a year to Cousins and pass on a young QB until the third round. BTW, Penix won't last until the 3rd round,. Even if he did, there would be no guarantee that we'd get him.

We need QB-OT-WR.
Our recent first round picks at those positions were Mac-Wynn-Harry. Easily the worst first round trio in BBs tenure....maybe in history. Could the Patriots turn Harrison, Alt, or Maye into a pumpkin by simply selecting them?

We need QB-OT-WR.
Our recent first round picks at those positions were Mac-Wynn-Harry. Easily the worst first round trio in BBs tenure....maybe in history. Could the Patriots turn Harrison, Alt, or Maye into a pumpkin by simply selecting them?
You're going back quite a ways with Wynn and Harry. By April, Wynn will be 7 drafts ago. As for Harry, he was a horrible pick, but he was also so long ago, that even some of the stud WRs from that draft left their teams and aren't with them anymore. In fact, only 2 of the 9 picked in the first 2 rounds are still with their teams.

Time moves fast in the NFL. 6 or 7 yrs is an eternity.

You're going back quite a ways with Wynn and Harry. By April, Wynn will be 7 drafts ago. As for Harry, he was a horrible pick, but he was also so long ago, that even some of the stud WRs from that draft left their teams and aren't with them anymore. In fact, only 2 of the 9 picked in the first 2 rounds are still with their teams.

Time moves fast in the NFL. 6 or 7 yrs is an eternity.
I should have said most recent rather than recent. I just thought it somewhat ominous that overall BB has been good on 1st rounders, but not as much with the positions where we are currently needy.

I should have said most recent rather than recent. I just thought it somewhat ominous that overall BB has been good on 1st rounders, but not as much with the positions where we are currently needy.
On WR it's always been bad because we never make enough picks. So when I say he expends a lot of draft capital on offense, it's for OL, RB, QB and TE. But not WR!!

I think it's just Wynn who was a bust. We haven't drafted a replacement tackle for Wynn in the last 3 yrs for various reasons. But before that, I would count Light, Cannon, Vollmer and Solder as successful picks. He's really 4 for 5 in using these picks on tackles.

For those talking about taking Alt at 3, or trading back (where there is absolutely 0 guarantee the QB you like is still there)....can you let me know who your favoured Day 1 starter at QB next season is? Simply saying "sign a vet" doesn't count. Name names.

hate the "just sign a vet and draft a QB in round 3" type of posts. Identify the best QB in the draft and go get him.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back