Bill's Decisions, Good & Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing a thread on Bill's mistakes but that would have been my own mistake. Instead we could have a discussion about any of the moves that Bill has made over the years, both good and bad. Since I didn't join here until 2012 some of my memories may have already been discussed here so bear with me. I'd also like to hear anyone else's thoughts.

Good - The intentional safety at Denver in 2003. Of course it was a big gamble but it paid off in spades. The fact that it gave us a victory in Denver is no small feat. They had plenty of success against the Pats over the years. I still have nightmares over a Mosi fumble that cost the Pats a sure win.

Bad - The 4th & 2 attempt in Indy in 2006. The Pats had 3rd and 2 with a little over 2 minutes left and in our own end, threw an incomplete pass on 3rd down and then used their last TO, stopping the clock. When they went for it on 4th down they should have been able to review the play but didn't have a TO to do it as the time was still over 2 minutes and there was no automatic replay. Why the hell didn't they run it on 3rd down and run the clock to the 2 minute warning if they were going to go for it?

Please feel free to comment on those or add your own. I have a few more decisions in mind also.

This will go well.
It could. The folks who want to talk about the good decisions can. There have been plenty of those, likely many more than bad decisions.

Have we really gotten to the point that any discussion of anything Bill has done is going to start trouble? That's a very sad commentary.

Good: his insight against Goff's weaknesses during super bowl 53. Was a huge factor in them winning the game, the biggest.

It could. The folks who want to talk about the good decisions can. There have been plenty of those, likely many more than bad decisions.

Have we really gotten to the point that any discussion of anything Bill has done is going to start trouble? That's a very sad commentary.
It’s not that at all - it’s just that I’m a little confused as to why we can’t just talk about the upcoming season rather than re-live past posts and discussions all over again? We’ve already covered a sizable amount this off-season.

I’ll lock this thread, but you’re welcome to revisit it again after the season. At least then there will be new material we can get into - probably both good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3