PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please help me to not worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What the heck is going on?

You did not mention wheatley in your op.

Not all players drafted go to the pro bowl in their first year and some players can contriubute and be good players, but not starters. Some players actually develop over 2 or 3 or even 4 years - ever hear of mike vrable?? You would have driven him right to the airport.

I guess you would have passed on curtis martin as he was injured at draft day

I think you should take over for BB, your drafting skills and keen eye will surely serve us well.

By the way, since we suck so bad, can you name a more successful organization over the past 16 years since the krafts took over??

Nope. But have heard of Mike Vrabel.

For every Curtis Martin, Asante Samuel you throw, there's a garbage truck full of Adrian Klemm, Tebucky Jones, Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Marquise Hill, Ben Watson, Maroney etc etc and the list goes on

Chances are Wilhite and Wheatley are in that garbage truck collection than will amount to anything.

As for successful organizations past 16 yrs, ok let's see......Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Broncos, Colts, Rams, Giants, Eagles just to name a few. By the way, why select 16 yrs ? Why not look at 20, 30 ?

And don't tell me Kraft was being hailed as a savior when he fueded with Parcells, and then brought in that idiot Pete Carroll, and had handed Drew Bledsoe a backbreaking contract.

Last edited:

There's always the draft.

That's kinda my point, we have to spend a draft pick in a receiver when before we wouldn't have had to, a pick that could have been used on another player. We don't have an unlimited number of draft picks while having a lot of holes.

homers......expertly saying nothing

Malcontented frontrunner fans...equating inexpert, incessant criticism with bringing anything remotely meaningful or intelligent to the table...LOL

The overblown egos here would be merely comical absent Belichick's background and track record, which elevates them to the level of pathetic.

I admire this organization, whether I always agree with their approach or not. Because I realize they've forgotten more about football than anyone on this message board or the media will ever know. If that makes me a dreaded "homer", so be it. Better a homer than a blowhard fool.

For every Curtis Martin, Asante Samuel you throw, there's a garbage truck full of Adrian Klemm, Tebucky Jones, Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Marquise Hill, Ben Watson, Maroney etc etc and the list goes on

Chances are Wilhite and Wheatley are in that garbage truck collection than will amount to anything.

As for successful organizations past 16 yrs, ok let's see......Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Broncos, Colts, Rams, Giants, Eagles just to name a few. By the way, why select 16 yrs ? Why not look at 20, 30 ?

And don't tell me Kraft was being hailed as a savior when he fueded with Parcells, and then brought in that idiot Pete Carroll, and had handed Drew Bledsoe a backbreaking contract.

Little too judgmental on Watson, Maroney and Jones IMO. They may not have met your expectations or their draft slot expectations but they were not garbage or busts.

Last edited:

poster i responded too flamed bb for drafting an injured player - tate, i told him he would not have drafted martin.

thanks for the spelling correction.

the kraft era has brought us to 5 superbowls, 6 afc championship games and the best won - loss record in playoffs and overall - it is what it is and that is it.

homers......expertly saying nothing

Well it a takes a BS expert to know one! No?

What happened with your BFF Vince Wilfork, I noticed you were absent from the re-signing thread? :confused:

What's the matter, Teenuh? Did you cause such a sh*tstorm over on the other board that you want to try it here, too?

People, don't even bother with this little troll. She throws crap out and tries to get everyone in each others' faces.

Useless little child.

Uh-Oh. Catfight on a footbawl board. Pats are chumping it in free agency and tempers are flaring in other directions. Maybe the both of you could suit up and distract the opponents quarterback, 'cause ain't no Patriot gonna be anywhere near him come September.

Well, I guess you have proved you're a better speller than fgssand...

What he asked you to do was name A more successful organization than this one in the last 16 years...and besides the fact you whiffed because there isn't ONE, you named a team that hasn't won a damn thing in it's entire existence...and a couple who haven't won a thing in a decade or two...

Kraft feuding with Parcells was one of the very best things that ever happened to this franchise. And that Bledsoe contract turned out to be not remotely backbreaking because he only saw $10M of it and Belichick had the guts to flip him for a first within the division and hand the reins over to a 6th round SB MVP QB he drafted...

Uh-Oh. Catfight on a footbawl board. Pats are chumping it in free agency and tempers are flaring in other directions. Maybe the both of you could suit up and distract the opponents quarterback, 'cause ain't no Patriot gonna be anywhere near him come September.

Yeah, no catfight here. I already swallowed her up and spit her out on another board. Just thought it was funny to see her here playing her dumb crystal ball crap.

And I'm sure not worried about getting near other teams' QBs. Free agency started a week ago, we haven't had a draft yet, and the cancer in the locker room is on its way out. No worries.

He's something forall you people freaking out about the team not signing players.

and total of 8 teams have made move to bring in player new to their team

that is 8 out of 32 only 25% so yeah I am jsut saying

What's the matter, Teenuh? Did you cause such a sh*tstorm over on the other board that you want to try it here, too?

People, don't even bother with this little troll. She throws crap out and tries to get everyone in each others' faces.

Useless little child.

AWWWWWWW SNAP TEENAH you gonna take that???!!! :eek::eek:

Hey folks, finally had to merge the Tennuh 3/9 freak out thread with the Armen 3/9 freak out thread, since they were both saying the same thing within a few hours of each.

Enjoy. ;)

Well it a takes a BS expert to know one! No?

What happened with your BFF Vince Wilfork, I noticed you were absent from the re-signing thread? :confused:

looks like it doesn't take much to confuse you.....

what is there to say about a contract that was signed?

pardon me for not walking around making slurping sounds

He's something forall you people freaking out about the team not signing players.

and total of 8 teams have made move to bring in player new to their team

that is 8 out of 32 only 25% so yeah I am jsut saying

That's 2 teams within our division, our main competition.

I don't get why people are saying FA just started. It's basicaly over because there's nobody worth a goddamn left.

This team is going to live or die based on this year's draft and the production from it. If that's not a coin toss, IDK what is. Tough luck for us when we needed help the FA market was weak but it is what it is. BB has to pull off one of his best drafts for this team to fill the holes it needs.

Outside of WR, I don't think we can expect to get better at any position now in FA.

looks like it doesn't take much to confuse you.....

what is there to say about a contract that was signed?

pardon me for not walking around making slurping sounds

That's like saying what is there to say if he doesn't sign? Um lets see, we keep the cog in our defense. I'd say that's worth some peace of mind.

That's like saying what is there to say if he doesn't sign? Um lets see, we keep the cog in our defense. I'd say that's worth some peace of mind.

right, so he was signed.....the subject pretty much closes itself

if he didn't sign, it would be an open issue and plenty to talk about

not sure what you don't get about this

I don't get why people are saying FA just started. It's basicaly over because there's nobody worth a goddamn left.

This team is going to live or die based on this year's draft and the production from it. If that's not a coin toss, IDK what is. Tough luck for us when we needed help the FA market was weak but it is what it is. BB has to pull off one of his best drafts for this team to fill the holes it needs.

Outside of WR, I don't think we can expect to get better at any position now in FA.

There always seems to be at least one mid-level free agent brought in under the radar every year that makes a surprise contribution. I wouldn't say we won't be improving through free agency just yet, until we see what other bodies are brought in to compete.

The difference this year too, is that for the first time in a little while we seem to have not lost anyone significant (assuming Faulk returns). So instead of relying on that surprise acquisition to fill a hole opened up by a departure, it should be a bonus.

I do not understand the thinking that only teams who are active earlly in free agency do better the following year. History does not back that up, or the Redskins would the the current dynasty and the Colts, who last signed a significant FA years ago, would be a bottom dweller.

Who'd the Colts bring in this year? They re-signed one of their own, and cut a starting OG and a starting CB.

They'll be fine. So will the Pats. Forthose who say we were 10-6 last year and if we don't sign anyone it means we will be 10-6 again: this just ain't true. Teams go up and down year by year. Sometimes they have a good year and settle back down. The Pats had a bad year and will likely rebound.

Pats will not live or die by the draft. If one or two players from the draft help, then good. But the team will do better because the defense was fifth in the league in points allowed last year (do you know a better measure of a defense?) and thier only loss was Jarvis Green. And Butler and Chung should make the second yea jump. One surely will.

And on offense Tom Brady was not himself last year. He obviously was not fully recovered from surgery. So look for better play from the QB position.

the colts don't bring anyone in any year......corey simon was tha last one, so I don't blame them

part of the issue is that year in year out, the colts find late draft picks who wind up being very productive for them....they just seem to be much better at filling needs with day 2 picks

as productive as edelman was, collie was better

I do not understand the thinking that only teams who are active earlly in free agency do better the following year. History does not back that up, or the Redskins would the the current dynasty and the Colts, who last signed a significant FA years ago, would be a bottom dweller.

Who'd the Colts bring in this year? They re-signed one of their own, and cut a starting OG and a starting CB.

They'll be fine. So will the Pats. Forthose who say we were 10-6 last year and if we don't sign anyone it means we will be 10-6 again: this just ain't true. Teams go up and down year by year. Sometimes they have a good year and settle back down. The Pats had a bad year and will likely rebound.

Pats will not live or die by the draft. If one or two players from the draft help, then good. But the team will do better because the defense was fifth in the league in points allowed last year (do you know a better measure of a defense?) and thier only loss was Jarvis Green. And Butler and Chung should make the second yea jump. One surely will.

And on offense Tom Brady was not himself last year. He obviously was not fully recovered from surgery. So look for better play from the QB position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft