PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we worry about or regret Kayshon Boutte getting cut?

It looks like the decision has been made and Boutte ain't going anywhere. It was obvious yesterday they are trying to give him more responsibility as tougher cuts lie ahead in other areas.

Agreed Slater should do the right thing and retire and immediately be hired as a coach!
Yeah Slater should give up a million bucks to make you happy, that's clearly the right thing.

Why would we cut Boutte over Thornton if one is the better player just because of draft position?
There'$ probably $ome rea$on$.

Until shown otherwise I trust the Patriots decision making on whether to keep or cut a receiver. I can’t think of a single instance in twenty plus years where they cut a young receiver and he went on to have significant contributions elsewhere.
When a team cuts a player of any position it usually means he's nothing special and the odds are pretty good that he won't contribute elsewhere. If N'Keal Harry doesn't work out elsewhere does that mean the Pats made a good decision, even though they drafted him in the first place?

Yeah Slater should give up a million bucks to make you happy, that's clearly the right thing.
It's not so much about salary as it is about a roster spot, especially with the changes in the kicking rules. He's not a kid anymore either.

Who replaced Brady, Gronk, Thuney and Gilmore? Just to name a few of the more recent moves.
Oh oh! It looks like @rochrist didn't like my response to the position that Bill let's expensive veterans go but replaces them with vets on bargain salaries. I guess you and the OP are counting Cant Newton as one of those great signings.

Oh oh! It looks like @rochrist didn't like my response to the position that Bill let's expensive veterans go but replaces them with vets on bargain salaries. I guess you and the OP are counting Cant Newton as one of those great signings.
You are right. Bill sucks. When these guys left Bill should have replaced them with players of equal talent. What was he thinking...

Read my signature.

You are right. Bill sucks. When these guys left Bill should have replaced them with players of equal talent. What was he thinking...

Bill should be at least had a contingency plan.
Not the ghosts of Ben Watson and cam Newton....that's just negligence.

Letting players go with no contingency plan is just really poor planning from a guy people say knows everything.

Bill should be at least had a contingency plan.
Not the ghosts of Ben Watson and cam Newton....that's just negligence.

Letting players go with no contingency plan is just really poor planning from a guy people say knows everything.
This right here. So many people want to give Bill a pass for having no contingency plan a few different times now in recent years. Brady being the most egregious but just deciding we didn't need an NFL TE post Gronk, and not having a successor at OC for a guy who interviewed for multiple head coaching jobs every single offseason are also on the list.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back