PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick your team draft game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten (eleven if you count the Seahawks) spots left. I would post this is the main forum, but now's probably not the time to do that.

You have a good point and we do have GM's that are willing to take two teams I think you have given people that would like to participate quite enough time and after reading the draft post on the main forum I think thats about all you can do.

Last edited:
Let's aim for this weekend. I think we should start on Saturday and if we need to finish we can finish the next day.

Let's aim for this weekend. I think we should start on Saturday and if we need to finish we can finish the next day.

Weekend sounds good for me just let us know the ground rules and the time and also just a reminder Easter is this upcoming Sunday.

Last edited:
Weekend sounds good for me just let us know the ground rules and the time
and also just a reminder Easter is this upcoming Sunday.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I'm also thinking we should change the time limit of picks from 30 minutes to 15. Most people want the draft to be like the real thing it seems and not give them hours to make their picks and do it over a span of a week or so. However, 30 minutes is too long and that could take a whole day. Do the first round 15 minutes and after that if people still want to go further then we can shorten it to 10.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I'm also thinking we should change the time limit of picks from 30 minutes to 15. Most people want the draft to be like the real thing it seems and not give them hours to make their picks and do it over a span of a week or so. However, 30 minutes is too long and that could take a whole day. Do the first round 15 minutes and after that if people still want to go further then we can shorten it to 10.

Will be interesting to see what the other GM's think but that works for me.

Last edited:
Still need an exact starting date though when most GMs can be available.
Also it might be necessary to instate a commish to determine picks for missing GMs. That way GMs that know they won't make it at the appointed time can just pm the commish their pick list.

Last edited:

Honestly, I'd be cool with 30-60-90 minutes. It's much easier to check in then. In fact, I'll go one further. Schedule the time for each selection. Example:

Raiders Saturday 11:30AM
Lions Saturday 12:00 Noon
Browns Saturday 12:30 PM

Of course, there's no reason you can't pick earlier if it's your turn, but otherwise there's going to be a lot of wasted time waiting and refreshing.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd be cool with 30-60-90 minutes. It's much easier to check in then. In fact, I'll go one further. Schedule the time for each selection. Example:

Of course, there's no reason you can't pick earlier if it's your turn, but otherwise there's going to be a lot of wasted time waiting and refreshing.

I kind of agree here. 30 minutes seems like a reasonable time. The draft is a month away, we should finish the 1st round round pretty quickly anyways.

i'll call packers if its not already gone!!

then dolphins i suppose, since i talk to my friend about his stupid fins

If it is this weekend Saturday would be best for me, I am on mst so I am 2 hrs behind eastern time. 2:00pm eastern or later would insure no conflict for me.

I say we have two or three volunteer to receive pm's of draft lists so that someone is always on to make a pick if someone is out. 15 minutes per sounds good but 30 works too.

I am open to taking two teams if need be, just give me a start time and will do my damndest to be here and pick quick.

Hooli

1) Raiders- SeanBruschi54
(2) Lions- OPEN
(3) Browns- ironwasp
(4) Buccaneers- bakes781
(5) Cardinals- Primetime
(6) Redskins- OPEN
(7) Vikings- broadwayjoe
(8) Falcons- SamBamsFan
(9) Dolphins- VJCPatriot
(10) Texans- A.C. Vegas
(11) 49ers- dryheat44
(12) Bills- stinkypete
(13) Rams- OPEN
(14) Panthers- OPEN
(15) Steelers- jct
(16) Packers- OPEN
(17) Jaguars- Irish Hooligan
(18) Bengals- patsfan55
(19) Titans- OPEN
(20) Giants- seneschal2
(21) Broncos- ayjackson
(22) Cowboys- Seymour93
(23) Chiefs- OPEN
(24) Patriots- mavfan2390
(25) Jets- Flying Fungi
(26) Eagles- OPEN
(27) Saints- zarakotas5
(28) Patriots- mavfan2390
(29) Ravens- OPEN
(30) Chargers- OPEN
(31) Bears- chunkypony
(32) Colts- gomezcat
Give me the (1)Chargers (2)Panthers.

Last edited:
I'm happy to do a pick list, or stick to very specific times, if it is going to be this weekend. We are over at Miss Gcat's parents all weekend. If there is a specific time for me to pick, I can log in, if it's before 6pm ET. Otherwise, I'll just give a list of whom I want picked, in which order, and someone can draft them for me.

I'll do it as an excel spreadsheet, so that each person who comes off the board can be deleted easily. I suspect that Calvin Johnson won't be available at #32 though. :(

I'll almost certainly have to PM my selection, but being #4 shouldnt be all that hard for me to come up with 5 names :p

I just think this idea of making this as close to the real thing is gonna bomb. You're gonna have half the people skipped & there's gonna be a mad scramble to get the picks voted on. I'm just glad I'm not a mod of this board. :eek:

Last edited:
If it was done like the Mock that german dude posted on here it would go smoothly.

i'll call packers if its not already gone!!

then dolphins i suppose, since i talk to my friend about his stupid fins

Give me the (1)Chargers (2)Panthers.

The Packers and Chargers now have owners.

Updated table...

(1) Raiders- SeanBruschi54
(2) Lions- OPEN
(3) Browns- ironwasp
(4) Buccaneers- bakes781
(5) Cardinals- primetime
(6) Redskins- OPEN
(7) Vikings- broadwayjoe
(8) Falcons- SamBamsFan
(9) Dolphins- VJCPatriot
(10) Texans- A.C. Vegas
(11) 49ers- dryheat44
(12) Bills- stinkypete
(13) Rams- OPEN
(14) Panthers- OPEN
(15) Steelers- jct
(16) Packers- skaIownsIyou
(17) Jaguars- Irish Hooligan
(18) Bengals- patsfan55
(19) Titans- OPEN
(20) Giants- Seneschal2
(21) Broncos- ayjackson
(22) Cowboys- Seymour93
(23) Chiefs- OPEN
(24) Patriots- mavfan2390
(25) Jets- Flying Fungi
(26) Eagles- OPEN
(27) Saints- zarakotas5
(28) Patriots- mavfan2390
(29) Ravens- OPEN
(30) Chargers- sebman2112
(31) Bears- chunkypony
(32) Colts- gomezcat

Sounds good to me. If someone else has any ideas speak up.

Still need an exact starting date though when most GMs can be available.
Also it might be necessary to instate a commish to determine picks for missing GMs. That way GMs that know they won't make it at the appointed time can just pm the commish their pick list.

IMO, the way to deal with absentees is to make a poll of the top prospects avaliable and let the people vote. I don't know if the mods will like this as it could clutter the forum. Or your way sounds fine. I don't want to be commish so someone else can do that.

This Saturday seems like a good day to start.

Last edited:
If I may emphasize one ground rule...

Two threads only for all posts related to this game. One to announce all draft picks/trades, one for discussion of the ongoing mock.

(This type of interactive mock is a big favorite, but last year the proliferation of threads paralyzed the draft board. So I have been asked to merge the heck out of any noncompliant threads, like so: :violent:)

Thanks!

Looks like the polls will need to be in one of these two threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call