PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick your team draft game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually work would be a good time for me!! It's explaining to my wife why I'm sitting doing a mock draft with 15 people I never met, on a sport she doesn't understand while I should be watching Jane Austen or peeling grapes for her. Or something.

Miss Gomezcat gave up some time ago, methinks. She is pretty impressed by the concept of us doing this, though. I think the logistics impress her, rather than the meaty, who-are-we-taking bit. Her knowledge of the game has improved a little; taking her to watch the London Blitz in Finsbury Park helped.

Last edited:
I'll have the Lions with my second pick. I guess I should have some sort of cat pick. :D

If we are going to do this all in one day, please bear in mind that Ironwasp and I work. Remember that our time is 5 hours ahead of Boston, so I really wouldn't want to go beyond 6pm ET on a Sunday. I'd prefer to do it over a couple of days or a week.

Ummm.....I already picked the Lions in the "if we need a second pick" portion of the draft.

I feel like this is going to be alot like the actually draft goes ("No, I already picked Patrick Willis with the second pick!" etc.)

The work day is a great time for me also. However, I can perform just as well on the weekend. Irish 24-7, though weekend picks might be made greatly less sober that workday pics.:singing:

Yeah I'm definitely bias towards doing this during the work week. We haven't even gotten all 32 teams assigned yet so until then I think it's premature to set an official date.

I would love to play. I'd be happy with a random assigned team or two.

I don't think anyone selected the most evil team in football yet: Steelers

I totally agree on the 1 pick each 1/2 hour followed by a public vote 1/2 hour for a non show.

Last edited:
I just foresee us having half of the draft being voted on because half the people won't show up on whatever day we eventually assign, but if that's what the majority wants then ok. :bricks:

Ummm.....I already picked the Lions in the "if we need a second pick" portion of the draft.

I feel like this is going to be alot like the actually draft goes ("No, I already picked Patrick Willis with the second pick!" etc.)

Sorry. I'll have a look back at the thread and find another one. Keeping track is doing my head in! :(

Edit: I'll take the Cards with my second pick if needed.

Last edited:
Give me the evil, evil dolphins please. Is it okay for me to chant "Squish the Fish" while I crush the hopes and dreams of fellow Pats fans by scooping up our favorite players? :)

DOLPHINS 9 40 60 71 108 - 181 198 219 238

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/roster/roster.asp

I'll make sure to do my due diligence about their team needs. Time to do some research on Fin Heaven, sigh!

Last edited:
that's really not the issue. although if you're picking near the end of the draft having to PM some 20 names is a bit absurd. why don't we just focus on one round this weekend? Then next weekend we could do round 2 & so on?

Okey doke, whatever method you all end up deciding on is fine with me. I'm not going to be able to participate in the mock, so my only (selfish) interest is making sure that I don't have to figure out which of a dozen poll threads are ok to delete or close or merge.

Wish I could join you, though! I'm surprised nobody's taken the Cardinals yet, they have some interesting choices to make at some good spots in the draft.

The Draft has 19 GM's as of now.

(1)Seymour93- Cowboys
(2)Mavfan2390-Patriots
(3)chunkypony- Bears
(4)SamBamsFan- Falcons
(5)ayjackson-Broncos
(6)broadwayjoe- Vikings
(7)ironwasp- Browns
(8)Flying Fungi- Jets
(9)A.C. Vegas- Texans
(10)Dryheat- 49ers?
(11)Zarakotas5- Saints
(12)SeanBruschi54- Raiders
(13)Patsfans- Bengals
(14)Gomezcat- Colts
(15)Irish Hooligan- Jaguars
(16)Baker781- Bucs
(17)Stinkypete- Bills
(18)jct- Random
(19)VJCPatriot- Dolphins

Last edited:
I would love to play. I'd be happy with a random assigned team or two.

I don't think anyone selected the most evil team in football yet: Steelers

I totally agree on the 1 pick each 1/2 hour followed by a public vote 1/2 hour for a non show.

I'll give you the Steelers then. :)

Updated table...

(1) Raiders- SeanBruschi54
(2) Lions- OPEN
(3) Browns- ironwasp
(4) Buccaneers- bakes781
(5) Cardinals- OPEN
(6) Redskins- OPEN
(7) Vikings- broadwayjoe
(8) Falcons- SamBamsFan
(9) Dolphins- VJCPatriot
(10) Texans- A.C. Vegas
(11) 49ers- dryheat44
(12) Bills- stinkypete
(13) Rams- OPEN
(14) Panthers- OPEN
(15) Steelers- jct
(16) Packers- OPEN
(17) Jaguars- Irish Hooligan
(18) Bengals- patsfan55
(19) Titans- OPEN
(20) Giants- OPEN
(21) Broncos- ayjackson
(22) Cowboys- Seymour93
(23) Chiefs- OPEN
(24) Patriots- mavfan2390
(25) Jets- Flying Fungi
(26) Eagles- OPEN
(27) Saints- zarakotas5
(28) Patriots- mavfan2390
(29) Ravens- OPEN
(30) Chargers- OPEN
(31) Bears- chunkypony
(32) Colts- gomezcat

This thread has over 700 views and we have just 19 participants. Come on guys, I know you wanna join!

I'm not the commissioner. It's more of a community effort here.

A question for the posters taking part.... How many rounds are we going?

Last edited:
I think I said somewhere I'd take the Redskins on as a second team. And I think 3/4 rounds is enough?? It depends on the format.

Last edited:
Okey doke, whatever method you all end up deciding on is fine with me. I'm not going to be able to participate in the mock, so my only (selfish) interest is making sure that I don't have to figure out which of a dozen poll threads are ok to delete or close or merge.

Wish I could join you, though! I'm surprised nobody's taken the Cardinals yet, they have some interesting choices to make at some good spots in the draft.

I'm leaning towards switching this game towards a continuous approach instead of trying to squeeze it all into one afternoon. If we made the switch it would help out the Englishmen involved and also it would lessen the risk of having (a) no-show(s). There doesn't seem to be a consenous on this issue though. Maybe I can make a quick poll? I'll put something ahead of the title like "GAME-". Can you then join the contest if we decide to change it?

Miss Gomezcat gave up some time ago, methinks. She is pretty impressed by the concept of us doing this, though. I think the logistics impress her, rather than the meaty, who-are-we-taking bit. Her knowledge of the game has improved a little; taking her to watch the London Blitz in Finsbury Park helped.

Bloody hell, I wouldn't even dare tell her. SHe thinks I'm a crackpot with all this football stuff already. I once tried to explain to her why Tom Brady was such a legend and she looked at me as if I'd suggested auctioning one of the children on eBay.

On the other hand, she is letting me go to NE this year to watch a game, so I'm minded to stick with her for the time being. :singing:

I'm leaning towards switching this game towards a continuous approach instead of trying to squeeze it all into one afternoon. If we made the switch it would help out the Englishmen involved and also it would lessen the risk of having (a) no-show(s). There doesn't seem to be a consenous on this issue though. Maybe I can make a quick poll? I'll put something ahead of the title like "GAME-". Can you then join the contest if we decide to change it?

That is very decent of you sir. The Queen will be impressed. I'll do my best to participate however you play it, but a continuous one would be a major help. And for Gomezcat too I suspect.

I think I said somewhere I'd take the Redskins on as a second team. And I think 3/4 rounds is enough?? It depends on the format.

I think it depends on how many people we get. If we get 32, then I think we should go three rounds. If we don't get many more then I think we should expand into further rounds. The reasoning is the more people, the harder (but more fun) it is to make sure everyone is picking when they're supposed to.

I think it depends on how many people we get. If we get 32, then I think we should go three rounds. If we don't get many more then I think we should expand into further rounds. The reasoning is the more people, the harder (but more fun) it is to make sure everyone is picking when they're supposed to.

That sounds good to me three rounds with 32 and expand if we don't get more will be interesting to see what the other GM's think.

Last edited:

Yes, I think I see what you mean. 32 people involved and we'll still be picking as Peyton runs out on the field for the opening night coin toss while the rest of us reach for our sick bags.

With all due respect we should set a time limit on signing up for this then assign any as yet unchosen teams to the volunteers thus far.
IMO 6 rounds would be perfect as we own the 6th round of the draft this year (4 picks).
But if we finish 3 rounds that would be great!
It would be nice if the moderator posted drafting rules (30 mins then poll)before this started in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes