PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick your team draft game

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect we should set a time limit on signing up for this then assign any as yet unchosen teams to the volunteers thus far.
IMO 6 rounds would be perfect as we own the 6th round of the draft this year (4 picks).
But if we finish 3 rounds that would be great!
It would be nice if the moderator posted drafting rules (30 mins then poll)before this started in this thread.

I think we should wait until next week before we stop taking in new people.

I think 3 rounds would be a good idea with an expansion to full 7 if everything goes smoothly?

The Colts have quite a few compensatory picks from the 2nd onwards, so I'm up for the full 7. :D

Three rounds I feel sound perfect for me. Does anyone have links to player ranking per all positions and the infamous draft value chart?

Much obliged

Three rounds I feel sound perfect for me. Does anyone have links to player ranking per all positions and the infamous draft value chart?

Much obliged

There are quite a few good sites in the "stickies" at the top of draft forum, and within the forum Box O Rocks' "build your own draft board, position by position" threads and entries are very helpful.

There are quite a few good sites in the "stickies" at the top of draft forum, and within the forum Box O Rocks' "build your own draft board, position by position" threads and entries are very helpful.

thank you much

You're right the information can help the GM's that use it make some good decisions Patsfans has many quality posters here and Box is definetly one of them.

I'm presently the Saints..

I'm completely open as far as rounds/rules/etc go, so whatever is decided is ok by me.

Some ideas, since the guidelines weren't detailed prior to sign-ups:

The first round is the round most people are anticipating and curious to see how it shakes out. Ideally, it would be on a common day, with say a 1-2 hour limit for each pick. If the logistics allowed for a half-hour, all the better for replicating a real draft. This may be asking a bit much, though, as it is a mock draft by people with real lives.

In any case, in the event of expected or possible absence, pm someone taking on the planning/execution with an ordered list of your choices. Otherwise, public poll decides.

In ensuing rounds, the time limit expands.
i.e.: Round 1 - 2 hours
Round 2 - 2-3 hours
Round 3 - 3-4 hours
Round 4+ - 4 hours. (If applicable)

At these times, the draft should be expected to take a couple of weeks for 32 teams/people. People whose commitment can't be made should, out of courtesy, be mindful of others.

Are we allowing trades during the draft? If so I think using the draft value board is a good measure of what is a fair trade. Will there be someone to overrule a lopsided trade? Or will we just go straight up draft from your position, no trades?

Are we allowing trades during the draft? If so I think using the draft value board is a good measure of what is a fair trade. Will there be someone to overrule a lopsided trade? Or will we just go straight up draft from your position, no trades?

I don't think we should. If you allow trades then everyone is going to be wheeling and dealing their picks. Let's try to make this game as accurate to the real thing as possible.

I'm presently the Saints..

I'm completely open as far as rounds/rules/etc go, so whatever is decided is ok by me.

Some ideas, since the guidelines weren't detailed prior to sign-ups:

The first round is the round most people are anticipating and curious to see how it shakes out. Ideally, it would be on a common day, with say a 1-2 hour limit for each pick. If the logistics allowed for a half-hour, all the better for replicating a real draft. This may be asking a bit much, though, as it is a mock draft by people with real lives.

In any case, in the event of expected or possible absence, pm someone taking on the planning/execution with an ordered list of your choices. Otherwise, public poll decides.

In ensuing rounds, the time limit expands.
i.e.: Round 1 - 2 hours
Round 2 - 2-3 hours
Round 3 - 3-4 hours
Round 4+ - 4 hours. (If applicable)

At these times, the draft should be expected to take a couple of weeks for 32 teams/people. People whose commitment can't be made should, out of courtesy, be mindful of others.

I think the opposite is more likely. The deeper we go the interest level in this thing will inevitably decline, so decreasing the time limit would make more sense IMO.

I'll take the Cardinals.

I thought the way we did it last year was fine. I guess I just don't see the point in having it all done in one day when the actual draft is still a month away? If that's something you guys wanna do then why not wait until the week prior to the draft? Otherwise if you wanted to have a consensus vote on each pick then why don't you just do that? Because I don't think attempting to do it all in one day is going to avoid any of the same problems we had last year.

is this the post you're referring to? Im guessing you meant to say bucs? :confused:

hahah yes
whoops, lol

I'll give you the Steelers then. :)

Updated table...

(1) Raiders- SeanBruschi54
(2) Lions- OPEN
(3) Browns- ironwasp
(4) Buccaneers- bakes781
(5) Cardinals- OPEN
(6) Redskins- OPEN
(7) Vikings- broadwayjoe
(8) Falcons- SamBamsFan
(9) Dolphins- VJCPatriot
(10) Texans- A.C. Vegas
(11) 49ers- dryheat44
(12) Bills- stinkypete
(13) Rams- OPEN
(14) Panthers- OPEN
(15) Steelers- jct
(16) Packers- OPEN
(17) Jaguars- Irish Hooligan
(18) Bengals- patsfan55
(19) Titans- OPEN
(20) Giants- OPEN
(21) Broncos- ayjackson
(22) Cowboys- Seymour93
(23) Chiefs- OPEN
(24) Patriots- mavfan2390
(25) Jets- Flying Fungi
(26) Eagles- OPEN
(27) Saints- zarakotas5
(28) Patriots- mavfan2390
(29) Ravens- OPEN
(30) Chargers- OPEN
(31) Bears- chunkypony
(32) Colts- gomezcat

This thread has over 700 views and we have just 19 participants. Come on guys, I know you wanna join!

I'm not the commissioner. It's more of a community effort here.

A question for the posters taking part.... How many rounds are we going?

dont forget about the seahawks

dont forget about the seahawks

Good point they are the only one of the 32 teams that does not have a first round pick as of now and they will need a GM for this draft.

I'll take the Giants (as long as no trades are allowed). Count me in to go the distance.

I'll grab the Titans as my second team (if need be).

Bump. Do you lot have a public holiday on Monday April 9th? We have a holiday for Easter. It might be a possible for the draft.

Updated list, as of 1627 Eastern.

I've not included second choices as they are starting to fill up:

1) Raiders- SeanBruschi54
(2) Lions- OPEN
(3) Browns- ironwasp
(4) Buccaneers- bakes781
(5) Cardinals- Primetime
(6) Redskins- OPEN
(7) Vikings- broadwayjoe
(8) Falcons- SamBamsFan
(9) Dolphins- VJCPatriot
(10) Texans- A.C. Vegas
(11) 49ers- dryheat44
(12) Bills- stinkypete
(13) Rams- OPEN
(14) Panthers- OPEN
(15) Steelers- jct
(16) Packers- OPEN
(17) Jaguars- Irish Hooligan
(18) Bengals- patsfan55
(19) Titans- OPEN
(20) Giants- seneschal2
(21) Broncos- ayjackson
(22) Cowboys- Seymour93
(23) Chiefs- OPEN
(24) Patriots- mavfan2390
(25) Jets- Flying Fungi
(26) Eagles- OPEN
(27) Saints- zarakotas5
(28) Patriots- mavfan2390
(29) Ravens- OPEN
(30) Chargers- OPEN
(31) Bears- chunkypony
(32) Colts- gomezcat

Ten (eleven if you count the Seahawks) spots left. I would post this is the main forum, but now's probably not the time to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back