PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What kind of return can we get for trading the the 3rd pick?

Lots of great scenarios broached here. My fingers are crossed that they pass on Daniels/Maye and trade down for a good haul.
Passing on Maye might prove to be disastrous.

Passing on Maye might prove to be disastrous.

He could be Mitch Trubisky or the second coming of Josh Allen. My concern is taking a chance on someone whose reviews are all over the place when you could take a sure bet in MHJ or trade down toward filling multiple needs.

He could be Mitch Trubisky or the second coming of Josh Allen. My concern is taking a chance on someone whose reviews are all over the place when you could take a sure bet in MHJ or trade down toward filling multiple needs.
I share your concern. You never know what you'll get in any player until you get them. MHJ (if he is as close to a sure thing as there gets), could blow out a knee (or something even worse) as a rookie and never be the same again. Most in the know state that next years draft class will not have as much potential at the QB position as this one (especially at the top). It's just my humble opinion that if Drake Maye is there at #3, we take him. If he turns out to be a bust, I'll respect that the team tried to acquire the most important position on an NFL team.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with Felger; the Patriots should trade back. Way back.

The thing is that if we use the number 3 on a marquee QB, he will, as things currently stand, be thrown to the wolves with only on WR (slot) that can get open and no line protection. And even at 3, a QB is a gamble. It is better to trade way back with some mismanaged team, and get their first round pick next year (and a lot more). I assume that it will be a high pick. Then next year use that first rounder on a marquee QB who will have some protection and weapons.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back