PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats after Zach Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like some other posters, 37% is a real WTF number to me. He obviously just made some random number up.

I thought this was just a reference to a thread from August where they were 80% (according to Lombardi) to sign a retired D-Lineman. I don't think he actually ever gave this number.

I thought this was just a reference to a thread from August where they were 80% (according to Lombardi) to sign a retired D-Lineman. I don't think he actually ever gave this number.

Oh duh. I'm going to blame my idiot post on having 2 root canals today (expected 1) but it's probably just a random case of jackassery on my part.

-Rob-

There is really no one out there, its bad when Seau sounds like the best option. Other options are Bo Ruud or Vinny Ciurciu, both have experience in the system. I thought Ciurciu played well in game 4 of preseason, never really did see Ruud. Thomas might be ok for back up in the 4-3 but don't think he would replace Guyton.

Ironically, with each passing day (if not hour) the Patriots don't sign anyone, the more reassured I am that Mayo won't be out long.

QB12

I think Lombardi is being overly pessimistic.

There is at least a 41.6% chance the Patriots will sign Thomas.

What kind of a**hole would downplay that to a mere 37%?

I'm never reading this guys articles ever again!

I'll file that analysis in with your analysis that Belichick kept Brace and Pryor out of the Buffalo game so they can start agains the jets and be the difference makers.

Ironically, with each passing day (if not hour) the Patriots don't sign anyone, the more reassured I am that Mayo won't be out long.

QB12

The die was cast long ago on the inside linebacker position when

the Patriots drafted only McKenzie, and signed only Lenon and

Ciurciu as UFAs and Appleby as a UDFA. They should have had

an indication from last year that Bruschi was slipping fast. When

McKenzie was injured in mini-camp and Appleby cut early on, the

Patriots should have moved to shore up the position.

Do it!! Then we'd have A. Thomas and Z. Thomas as linebackers. Can you imagine how confusing that would be to the competition!

I'll file that analysis in with your analysis that Belichick kept Brace and Pryor out of the Buffalo game so they can start agains the jets and be the difference makers.

That would be in your file labeled 'Misfiled,' because that is not what I said. English 101 is your friend, my friend.

QB12

Last edited:
Do it!! Then we'd have A. Thomas and Z. Thomas as linebackers. Can you imagine how confusing that would be to the competition!

Adalius is 6'2", Zach is 5'11".

And Adalius is 30 pounds heavier.

And one's black, the other's white.

If defenders confuse the two, they should probably find a different career, LOL.

Adalius is 6'2", Zach is 5'11".

And Adalius is 30 pounds heavier.

And one's black, the other's white.

If defenders confuse the two, they should probably find a different career, LOL.

Has anyone ever considered renaming everyone on their team with the same name? Imagine the confusion that 53 "Frank Rizzos" would bring!

We wanted Lenon. Apparently, Belichick chose Ninkovich instead.

We had our linebacker choices in the draft. Belichick chose the #7 OLB in the draft who he had practicing at ILB. I certaintly can't say that McKenzie couldn't have been a backup ILB.

We thought that an injury to Guyton or Mayo could be devastating because of the CHOICE to have little depth at ILB. Others thought that Thomas would come inside in the 3-4 in such situations, since we now had Woods, Burgess and Banta-Cain outside.
========================================================

Belichick knows 1000 times more than any of us. It matters little that we have been whining for more help at ILB since we disappointed that Belichick traded up for Graham instead of Nap Harris.

If we have trouble in the defense this year, as always it will because we have been unlucky in the injury department rather than in choosing not to have sufficient depth. Or it will because the refs made terrible calls.

The die was cast long ago on the inside linebacker position when

the Patriots drafted only McKenzie, and signed only Lenon and

Ciurciu as UFAs and Appleby as a UDFA. They should have had

an indication from last year that Bruschi was slipping fast. When

McKenzie was injured in mini-camp and Appleby cut early on, the

Patriots should have moved to shore up the position.

Last edited:
No thanks, Ted, you're too old and Belichick's not that desperate yet! :D

Ted was having fun saying when asked by the radio guys if he'd play that no, he was way too old. Then he added the 3rd & short only comment.

Before we get this guy, I want them to at least LOOK at STeve Nelson and Clayton Weisuhn.

San Angelo State anyone? Where was Nelson from N. Dakota state or something?

Those guys were GOOD.

I think they can STILL PLAY...at least as good as this concussed guy.

Before we get this guy, I want them to at least LOOK at STeve Nelson and Clayton Weisuhn.

San Angelo State anyone? Where was Nelson from N. Dakota state or something?

Those guys were GOOD.

I think they can STILL PLAY...at least as good as this concussed guy.

Weisuhn was a force in 1983. Had like 150 or so tackles...

Has anyone ever considered renaming everyone on their team with the same name? Imagine the confusion that 53 "Frank Rizzos" would bring!

I'd go with Joe Rizzo. That way they could say the team was made up of a "bunch of Joes".

Vincent " Undertaker " Brown.

He probably only weighs 310-320 now. Put him right behind Wilfork.
If he doesn't stop the run, at least it'll be fun to watch.

Would Chuckie call them all Todd ?

Andre Tippett looks like he could still suit up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft