PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats after Zach Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
According to Steve Burton the teams is actively after Zach Thomas for MLB. per channel WBZ.

According to Steve Burton the teams is actively after Zach Thomas for MLB. per channel WBZ.

That is ridiculous. We're going to have a newbie come in here and run the mike?

Might as well ask Bruschi to come back.

Teams scrambling for some help at LB

Where has Zach Thomas even been?

That is ridiculous. We're going to have a newbie come in here and run the mike?

he's not a newbie.......played in a 3-4........excellent tackler,very smart.....hits like a ton......he's slowed up,but no one fills a gap,better.

Where has Zach Thomas even been?

He was in the Chiefs OTAs and was impressing them with his leadership heading into camp, but he reportedly got injured (leg, I believe) and couldn't practice. He ended up getting cut.

He was in the Chiefs OTAs and was impressing them with his leadership heading into camp, but he reportedly got injured (leg, I believe) and couldn't practice. He ended up getting cut.

Anyone have any word on how bad the injury was? And as far as a newbie coming in calling the plays, wasn't Mayo doing that last year? I think he would be a good veteran filler until Mayo can return. Is Bruschi really that diminshed, or just that finished playing that he isn't even a potential option?

Put Junior Seau and Zach Thomas in a 40 yard dash - Who wins?

I say Seau would still be faster - I dont want Seau back but I sure as hell think he would fit better than Thomas at this stage in his career

he's not a newbie.......played in a 3-4........excellent tackler,very smart.....hits like a ton......he's slowed up,but no one fills a gap,better.

To the Patriots system is what I mean.. I know he's been around a long time.

You need two good ILB to make a 3-4 work, and Thomas isn't the definition of "good" these days..

God knows how much I miss Ted Johnson and guys like him who once played here manning the middle of the 3-4 like a warrior :(

Welcome aboard!

IS THERE A ROSTER SPOT?
Connolly - why is he on the team?
Lockett - not needed if Slater is back
Wendell - not needed when Simmons is healthy, although he could stay awhile.

He will sign provided he is permitted to sit out both the

Miami games.

IIRC, when the Pats pursued Thomas during the 2008 offseason, he declined because he was a career Dolphin and didn't feel right jumping to a rival.

I'd rather see Seau, who knows the defense well. Plus, he declared himself fit for "6 good games," seems like a perfect timeline for a Mayo return.

IIRC, when the Pats pursued Thomas during the 2008 offseason, he declined because he was a career Dolphin and didn't feel right jumping to a rival.

I'd rather see Seau, who knows the defense well. Plus, he declared himself fit for "6 good games," seems like a perfect timeline for a Mayo return.

I'd love to see Seau back until Mayo is ready too, but I really think Seau had the stretch run in mind. He wants to be able to get to, and play in the Super Bowl. Not be gassed at the bye week.

Ironically, I'm hoping they don't go after a LB though. If they don't sign a stop-gap, they must be feeling that Mayo will be back sooner rather than later...

Hell, my company is shutting down.

I'll do it!

Put Junior Seau and Zach Thomas in a 40 yard dash - Who wins?

I say Seau would still be faster - I dont want Seau back but I sure as hell think he would fit better than Thomas at this stage in his career

I'll bet Seau is faster,also...however,Thomas can play inside and most importantly,he's a great tackler.........not good,but great.........you don't lose that skill with age,imo.

Lombardi reports a 37% chance Thomas signs with the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes