PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats after Zach Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe it when I see it.

What are we even talking about here ? I've been the biggest "they know what they're doing" guy here... but frig - Thomas, Bruschi, Seau, Brooks ??? Yikes.

TFB, you better be ready to score 38+ this winter, not just the fall.

Lombardi reports a 37% chance Thomas signs with the Pats

LOL if the weather guy says 37% chance of rain, don't take it to the bank.

or even 90%

They seem to get the 100% predictions right, though

To the Patriots system is what I mean.. I know he's been around a long time.

You need two good ILB to make a 3-4 work, and Thomas isn't the definition of "good" these days..

I agree. Unless Zack has been roiding up or something, he just doesn't have it anymore. I would see it as a really ominous sign if we signed him.

As of now, our ILB's are Guyton, Ninovich and Alexander. I think that it is just possible that Zach Thomas could get some reps at ILB in the next few weeks in place of one of these.

I agree. Unless Zack has been roiding up or something, he just doesn't have it anymore. I would see it as a really ominous sign if we signed him.

Last edited:
why not just put AD at ILB why bring in zach thomas

put AD and guyton at ILB and burgess and TBC at OLB

i dont get this team every year they have at lest one big injury to a LB

is crable that bad of a LB that he has to be put on IR with a fake injury every year why cant he play on ST and 3rd down

if they can find a spot for alxender who is a ok ST player and a realy bad back up LB why cant they find a spot for crable

its just funny this team is just not happy if they dont have at lest 4 guys over 35 starting for them lol

is crable that bad of a LB that he has to be put on IR with a fake injury every year why cant he play on ST and 3rd down

if they can find a spot for alxender who is a ok ST player and a realy bad back up LB why cant they find a spot for crable

its just funny this team is just not happy if they dont have at lest 4 guys over 35 starting for them lol

Linebacker position continue to be in flux... they had enough time to address it this off-season... Would love to have some depth; it feels like no room for error.. I would rate the lineback unit below average EVEN WITH Mayo. Now this.

Better watch out for the screen plays this week. Leon Washington has a history of burning them.

why not just put AD at ILB why bring in zach thomas

put AD and guyton at ILB and burgess and TBC at OLB

i dont get this team every year they have at lest one big injury to a LB

OLB and ILB are very different positions, despire both being linebacker positions. A player who is very good at one position may be mediocre or worse at the other.

As of now, our ILB's are Guyton, Ninovich and Alexander. I think that it is just possible that Zach Thomas could get some reps at ILB in the next few weeks in place of one of these.
The other Thomas qualifies, the one already on the team. :gossip:

My first reaction was, "Why the hell would they want him, he's old, he's injured, he couldn't make the roster in Kansas City, he's probably got less in the tank than Bruschi who, we assume, they forced into retirement by telling him he'd be cut," et cetera.

But, I guess, it's a question of depth. If the depth chart is indeed Guyton, Ninkovich, and Alexander, that's beyond scary. Guyton's barely shaving, by NFL experience standards. Ninkovich has been in the league for three seasons and has zero experience. And Alexander... :::shuddering:::

Let's assume Mayo is out for, say, at least 4 weeks. In the mean time, Guyton mans the position. If Guyton goes down, who would we rather have step in? A Ninkovich or an Alexander, or a Zach Thomas--who, albeit old and injured, has played the position a lot? Is it better to have a young, healthy person who doesn't know what to do and where to go, or an old, injured person who at least knows mentally what to do on the play and hopefully the body will follow?

Like everyone else, I'd rather not see Zach. I'd rather not see Seau. I'd rather not see someone with little experience. Sadly, there are no great MLBs in their prime just sitting by the phone waiting for Belichick to call. There's no young Ray Lewis or healthy Brian Urlacher-type they can bring in. The fact that they are even considering the names thrown about this week pretty much shows how sad a state things are.

If Zach comes here, we should have Dean Pees do regular checks on him to make sure Zach eats before he takes his back pills to avoid nausea.

Last edited:
OLB and ILB are very different positions, despire both being linebacker positions. A player who is very good at one position may be mediocre or worse at the other.

yes but my point is AD can play both ILB and OLB

so if they had crable as a 3rd down pass rusher AD could stay at ILB

we would have less of a pass rush with AD at ILB but TBC and burgess will make up for it

my point is carble would be a better 3rd down passrusher

alexender is just a plan bad ILB

AD can play ILB with out a real big drop off

crable could of give dept at LB

Ted Johnson said on 98.5 that he'd play 3rd down and short.

Zach Thomas was Miami's version of Bruschi. The guy has a little more left in the tank than Bruschi has and he spent the summer in the Pats' system while at KC and also the Saban years down in Miami. He knows the system.

The question is how much he has left. He could be a decent situational player if he has anything.

Lot's of negatives, but bringing him in to get a ring and breaking all kinds of hearts in Florida... now that's check mark in the "pro's" box.

Lot's of negatives, but bringing him in to get a ring and breaking all kinds of hearts in Florida... now that's check mark in the "pro's" box.

HAHA...good call coach.

Lombardi reports a 37% chance Thomas signs with the Pats

And there's only a 10% chance of that.

But seriously folks, I'd rather see Zach Thomas - or Bruschi, or Junior, or Matt Wilhelm, or ex-Brownie Leon Williams, or Liam Ezekial, or Antonio Appleby - than see Effin Alexander wearing a helmet with a green dot on it.

For a defense whose Command Center was its LBs, this until has taken quite a fall from grace.

Like some other posters, 37% is a real WTF number to me. He obviously just made some random number up. Great journalism because he suspects the Pats MIGHT be interested (we all do) and also suspects we probably won't sign him (as most of us do.) So somehow or another, this thought process is an article.

Makes me wish TO was being a loudmouth this week or that Favre would retire for a week or something just so there was more real news.

We obviously would benefit from having another LB. Will it be Thomas? Maybe. But I'd rather just read a report about someone actually visiting us or an actual signing that these stupid non-news pieces with numbers like 37%. I could write that and be just as accurate. It kills me knowing someone got PAID to write that. Really.

-Rob-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back