PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Belichick remaining with Patriots in 2024

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Per Mike Reiss. Unknown if he will remain safeties coach or change roles. Thought people might want to discuss. I figured Steve would be the one to stay but turns out it’s Brian. He’s had a lower profile so maybe this is easier.

Steve has obviously shown his chops as a defensive playcaller, but I’ve always thought Brian was just the spitting image of Bill. He looks and sounds just like him. Go listen to any Brian press conference and it just sounds like Bill but de-aged 40 years. He even has the same cadence and mannerisms and scowl. It’s so funny.

Steve has obviously shown his chops as a defensive playcaller, but I’ve always thought Brian was just the spitting image of Bill. He looks and sounds just like him. Go listen to any Brian press conference and it just sounds like Bill but de-aged 40 years. He even has the same cadence and mannerisms and scowl. It’s so funny.
He has a much lower profile than his brother but if he's good at what he does, then I'm glad he's staying. Steve might have aspirations of being a HC and that's why he took the job he did, maybe a college HC to start and work his way up.

I think this confirms they were in fact both offered a position but Steve left because of a demotion. I'm glad Brian is staying. Mayo said he was a good coach.

I think this confirms they were in fact both offered a position but Steve left because of a demotion. I'm glad Brian is staying. Mayo said he was a good coach.
But you said Mayo got rid of the rat Stephen?

Good move... would also like to hear that we are retaining Mike Pellegrino as the CBs coach... think he and BB the Second make a good pair...
Any word on Mike?

We keep the mysterious Belichick. I like it.

Reiss posted this 2 days ago and though not official, he's been pretty accurate in his reporting. I think he stays.

Ok I saw this as well I’d prefer him stay thank you.

I am good with continuity in the secondary. If he's half the secondary coach his father is, he's already among the top DB coaches in the NFL.

I wonder what his final role will be. The Safeties have played admirably during his tenure, would like to keep him there or with the CB’s if a move needs to be made there. I agree with Ross. I thought Steve, because of his reportedly deep relationship with Mayo was going to be the one that stayed. Figured once Steve was gone, Brian would be behind him. Happy that he’s staying.

Great, we kept the least experienced one..

It's good that we have someone who can communicate the whole defensive scheme, but my sense is there was so much bad blood in the room that this may not go that well. I'd rather have a clean break. Football-wise he can help, but all the backtalk between the front office and the media, between the front office and the assistant coaches, the locker room politics, etc. I don't see why they'd invite this in.

It's good that we have someone who can communicate the whole defensive scheme, but my sense is there was so much bad blood in the room that this may not go that well. I'd rather have a clean break. Football-wise he can help, but all the backtalk between the front office and the media, between the front office and the assistant coaches, the locker room politics, etc. I don't see why they'd invite this in.

Depends on where they think the schism was. If the biggest beefs were between Klemm, Judge, and Mac Jones for example, there's no reason to throw Brian out just for outside optics. We have no idea of course, it could be just as bad, but in general when you have a wart on your hand you don't start cutting off fingers.

Funny that I'd never got around to watching an interview before. It really is eerie, like he was destined to be a BB impersonator on a genetic level! :haha: There are some who think the universe is a hologram - if that's the case then maybe he's an AI-generated glitch, like an extra finger. :haha:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back