PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Reid and Mahomes Fined for Comments Last Week against officials

If you watch the replay, he never even turned to the official to check (and he was standing there looking right down the line at the ball), and the crowd noise was such that the official certainly couldn't have gotten his attention.

The issue a lot of people also had was the fact the same thing happened the next day in the Miami game (I believe it was Waddle) and it wasn't flagged.
But they are the Chiefs.

GOAT Mahomes, Travis, Taylor Andy.

Reactions: Ian
How is that helmet?

Per Adam Schefter:

"Andy Reid has been fined $100,000 – for violating long-standing league rules prohibiting public criticism of game officials. Patrick Mahomes has been fined $50,000 – for unsportsmanlike conduct during the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game against Buffalo and for violating long-standing league rules prohibiting public criticism of game officials."

Hit them both harder than Florio thought. :rolleyes:

I agree. It's not like his toe was off an inch or that it was a ticky-tack call. He was so blatantly offsides, it was ridiculous. I'm assuming the next thing we'll hear about is the league looking into technology that causes a beep in the helmet if a player is lined up in the neutral zone, because this will be blown so far out of proportion. :rolleyes:
It's also not like the ref let it play out and then threw the flag late when the play became a huge positive play to call it back despite the offsides not effecting the play much. If they did that, you could kinda maybe argue that they should have held it at that point and the Chiefs have a case.

But the flag was thrown on the snap. It's not the refs job to predict the play afterwards and how much of an impact the penalty would have if something crazy happened.

To his credit, Mahomes did walk back everything and said he was embarrassed by how he acted. I get players getting heated after a loss. Reid should have been better than that. He's been in the league way too long to pull that ****.

Battling a sinus infection and have felt pretty miserable all week…not much of a fastball at all these days. Head feels like it’s going to explode. :rolleyes:
You’re still doing great… Jordan and Brady flu games kind of resilience.

Feel better soon, bud. That sounds awful.

• ThankU!
Just like with children, this is what happens when someone is coddled. They should be ashamed of their actions

Embed looks fixed

Nice! I just checked it a few minutes ago and it was down, so it must have just come back up.

Reactions: sb1
Chiefs have entered heel phase.

Ok so I got curious and checked. Good breakdown of it all by Orlovsky…Toney didn’t check once the entire game to see if he was offsides (that’s on him), BUT the officials also let him him line up the exact same way on multiple plays with no flag, no warning.

Also, OTHER Chiefs receivers were lined up incorrectly (too far back) on multiple plays.

So, Chiefs aren’t coaching guys to check AND the refs were horribly inconsistent and seemed to have picked only THAT play to call it when he had been doing it all game.

Very odd all around.

If that happened to the Pats back 6-7 years ago, we'd all be pissed too but Mahomes and Reid can't complain like they did and not expect a hefty fine.

Battling a sinus infection and have felt pretty miserable all week…not much of a fastball at all these days. Head feels like it’s going to explode. :rolleyes:
So sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well Ian…..it’s that time of year…..did you start antibiotics?! Take care and feel better!

• ThankU!
So sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well Ian…..it’s that time of year…..did you start antibiotics?! Take care and feel better!
Appreciate it. I'm slowly improving. Better today than I was yesterday, so it's progress.

Were you able to get your predictions in? Thanks to you, I spotted the issue where I needed to fix something, so it should be good. :cool:

Reactions: sb1
hopefully this will have the zebras treating KC with appropriate deference tomorrow!

You’re still doing great… Jordan and Brady flu games kind of resilience.

Feel better soon, bud. That sounds awful.
Thanks, man. Just trying to keep moving forward. Tend to feel it more when I stop moving/thinking/doing stuff, so I've been trying to just keep doing things when I've gotten home, and obviously not having to be anywhere today has helped. :cool:

I had a sinus infection a couple months ago, was on antibiotics, antihistamine and nasal spray for it. Consider using a neti pot if you aren't already, it can help (need to use distilled water and salt solution with them).

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back