PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats after Zach Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should get Tippett back and then put AD next to Guyton.

Now that would make a top defense.

The die was cast long ago on the inside linebacker position when

the Patriots drafted only McKenzie, and signed only Lenon and

Ciurciu as UFAs and Appleby as a UDFA. They should have had

an indication from last year that Bruschi was slipping fast. When

McKenzie was injured in mini-camp and Appleby cut early on, the

Patriots should have moved to shore up the position.

I completely agree. The least Bill should've done was sign Andra Davis for the short-term, who instead signed with Denver. He played ILB under Romeo the past 4 years in Cleveland, so the transition from there to here would have been as smooth as it could possibly be.

Do it!! Then we'd have A. Thomas and Z. Thomas as linebackers. Can you imagine how confusing that would be to the competition!

Plus, Bill would have his Thomas covered, from A to Z.

We wanted Lenon. Apparently, Belichick chose Ninkovich instead.
While I remain intrigued about the possibility of Ninko at ILB, has there been any visible proof thus far that he has been taking any reps at this position?

If we have trouble in the defense this year, as always it will because we have been unlucky in the injury department rather than in choosing not to have sufficient depth. Or it will because the refs made terrible calls.

Did you forget to place a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" emoticon after the last statement?

Plus, Bill would have his Thomas covered, from A to Z.

Beat me to it ... but in the same vein, he better also have his John Thomas covered on TV or he will surely be fined :D

There is really no one out there, its bad when Seau sounds like the best option. Other options are Bo Ruud or Vinny Ciurciu, both have experience in the system. I thought Ciurciu played well in game 4 of preseason, never really did see Ruud. Thomas might be ok for back up in the 4-3 but don't think he would replace Guyton.

Ruud was dreadful; slow and awkward. Sort of like me on a good day

Has anyone ever considered renaming everyone on their team with the same name? Imagine the confusion that 53 "Frank Rizzos" would bring!

Or 53 Adam Sewards:eek:

Or 53 Adam Sewards:eek:

The universe is not strong enough to contain 53 Adam Sewards. It would explode, and everything within this Universe would be instantly destroyed.

Except for the 53 Adams Sewards.

Where has Zach Thomas even been?

I thought it was against NFL policy to have a member on the roster that is also collecting social security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes