PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Reid and Mahomes Fined for Comments Last Week against officials

America today. Somebody else is responsible for my failures. Grow some 'nads KC! How much brain power does it take to line up onside? Evidently too much for some people and the refs are responsible? Somebody please show me where it says the refs are supposed to let a moron know he is violating the simplest rule in football.

The league should have warned Reid and Mahomes that they'd be fined before they complained about the refs!!!
Now everyone will feel sorry for them.

Ok so I got curious and checked. Good breakdown of it all by Orlovsky…Toney didn’t check once the entire game to see if he was offsides (that’s on him), BUT the officials also let him him line up the exact same way on multiple plays with no flag, no warning.

Also, OTHER Chiefs receivers were lined up incorrectly (too far back) on multiple plays.

So, Chiefs aren’t coaching guys to check AND the refs were horribly inconsistent and seemed to have picked only THAT play to call it when he had been doing it all game.

Very odd all around.

What makes this Toney neutral zone infraction different from all his others is that it occurred inside 2:00 minutes of the half.

The Officials can let it go for 28 minutes per half.

The NFL rule book specifically addresses the defense in this situation - rule 7-4-4. I cannot find where the offense is bound by the same rule, but I can only conclude that it is the same parameters as the defense. Otherwise, we surely would have heard that the Referees got the call wrong by now.

Note: During the last two minutes of a half, after the ball has been spotted for the succeeding down at the line of scrimmage and the offense is legally set, if the ball is snapped before all members of the defensive team are on their side of the line of scrimmage, play shall be stopped immediately, and the defensive team penalized five yards for a neutral zone infraction.

What makes this Toney neutral zone infraction different from all his others is that it occurred inside 2:00 minutes of the half.

The Officials can let it go for 28 minutes per half.

The NFL rule book specifically addresses the defense in this situation - rule 7-4-4. I cannot find where the offense is bound by the same rule, but I can only conclude that it is the same parameters as the defense. Otherwise, we surely would have heard that the Referees got the call wrong by now.

Note: During the last two minutes of a half, after the ball has been spotted for the succeeding down at the line of scrimmage and the offense is legally set, if the ball is snapped before all members of the defensive team are on their side of the line of scrimmage, play shall be stopped immediately, and the defensive team penalized five yards for a neutral zone infraction.

If this were true for O, the play would have been whistled dead by that precedent.

More likely?

Refs should have called it earlier, didn’t, which set a precedent in Toney’s mind that he was lining up correctly.

Again, hate the chiefs, BUT I also hate that officiating has been awful AND the NFL fines anyone who says what we can all see.

If this were true for O, the play would have been whistled dead by that precedent.

More likely?

Refs should have called it earlier, didn’t, which set a precedent in Toney’s mind that he was lining up correctly.

Again, hate the chiefs, BUT I also hate that officiating has been awful AND the NFL fines anyone who says what we can all see.
It is right there in black and white "If the ball is snapped" The Chiefs thought it was a free play and on the defense.

It's not the Officials job to instruct teams where to line up. Nobody told Ocho Stinko that he was lined up wrong in the Super Bowl. His dumb axx got called like it should.

Should be a fun game today where the officials are concerned. Do they stick to the script (KC gets the calls) or strike back at them for the disrespect?

Battling a sinus infection and have felt pretty miserable all week…not much of a fastball at all these days. Head feels like it’s going to explode. :rolleyes:
My fastball wouldn't even get a speeding ticket in a school zone. :confused::(

Reactions: Ian
Horrible calls today truly hurt the Patriots.

Non-existent facemask takes away a 1st and goal.

Big turnover and horrible holding call that ended in KC FG.

The difference in the game was 10 points.

There's your 10 points right there.

The whining on this board makes the chiefs blush.

Last edited:
@sb1 let us PM you with @SHOWTIME15 we have a debate thing going its been civil too obviously some ball busting but nothing too crazy

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back