PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pass Won't Get Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Space, I buy that. Now... trim one more from the 53, because you need Pass AND Mills.

I don't think it happens, myself. I think if Mills has a good camp, Pass is gone. But then again, I actually said when they dropped Drew, "I think they're cutting the wrong quarterback."

Shortly thereafter I adopted the mantra "In Bill We Trust," and it's served me well ever since - I didn't even think the Pats "Hated their coach" after Milloy left.

PFnV

Mills is not only a 4th rounder, he's also a 4th rounder at a non-vital position, that they had ALL NIGHT to rearrange their Day Two draft board and selected anyway. They obviously LOVE this kid. He's not going anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
PatsFanInVa said:
Shortly thereafter I adopted the mantra "In Bill We Trust," and it's served me well ever since - I didn't even think the Pats "Hated their coach" after Milloy left.
Me, either. I have had no trouble with "In Bill We Trust" even when I was surprised at a move he made (the last one I really doubted him on was passing on David Terrell and taking that DT with bad work habits).

However, I will have to swallow long and hard to say "In Bill We Trust" if he re-signs Ty Law.

Time for a bump! Besides, everybody wanted to hear more of the Patrick Pass thread!

Nice FUMBLE, Pass!

Patrick Pass is a very, very poor Kevin Faulk.

Heck... I'd take Heath Evans over this guy. He fumbles more than a virgin on prom night.

Holy unnecessary thread bump Batman!

Youthfull poultry was emumerated before hatching

Ha ha. I was looking for something else and I found this. Remember the old Patrick Pass thread. I said he was gone and others pointed out how vital he was. :rofl:

I said no other team in the NFL would sign him, and he would be there if we suffered a bunch of injuries at RB. Some were outraged at that thought, swearing that PP would be signed the moment he hit Free Agency.

We ought to have an "old threads re-visited" section, just for the humor value.

spacecrime said:
But fear not, if he is cut, no one will pick him up.
Pats1 said:
That...that..was just...wow.

A player like Pass just won't sit on the street with teams neglecting him because his first 4 years in the league were unspectacular.

Ha ha. I hear he may get an NBA contract, though. His ability to bounce a football on the ground at every opportunity is more appreciated there.

He ended the season on the I.R.

How do we know he's not still injured?

i defended Pass and still think hes a good player. Reason for not being signed? Probably injury related

I predict Pass will not make the team. Although, I also predicted Rickey Williams would be reinstated.

i defended Pass and still think hes a good player. Reason for not being signed? Probably injury related

I think Pass was a good player but definitely would not have wanted him back no matter what the cost.

If your going to ask me who i'd want more Pass or Evans, i'd say Evans every time.

been on IR a lot...and I do not think wearing paraphanalia with a Branch number after the trade helped...but I think injuries...and not good to have the happen year in year out...

Well I heard BB himself wax poetic about Pass last year, talking about how everyone underestimates him but how he expects the guy is going to wind up having a 10 year NFL career.

That doesn't mean BB doesn't wind up brining in some youth to replace Pass - I think everyone knows what we've got in him by now... and I think he'd find a place on another team if he doesn't here...

But BB went out of his way to say how much he values and respects him so that has to count for something.

I for one thought Pass looked outstanding in 2005 before he hurt his hammie. I think the guy has skills and can be a solid contributor somewhere.

Last edited:
Morris has already replaced Pass on the roster. Welker has replaced Troy Brown. Either of these players could win last minute special team positions.

Ha ha. I was looking for something else and I found this. Remember the old Patrick Pass thread. I said he was gone and others pointed out how vital he was. :rofl:

I said no other team in the NFL would sign him, and he would be there if we suffered a bunch of injuries at RB. Some were outraged at that thought, swearing that PP would be signed the moment he hit Free Agency.

We ought to have an "old threads re-visited" section, just for the humor value.

The funny part is that you are laughing it up and celebrating, but forget to notice you turned out to be wrong.

He was never cut in 2006. He made the team and then got hurt. "The Others" were right and you were wrong. I think you ARE right about the "old threads re-visited section for the humor value". You, now, not looking and stepping into a pile makes this thread a true comedy classic!

Thanks, bud! That was a truly Homer Simpson moment! :)

That being said, 2007 is a very different situation.

Tom Brady's gonna get cut this year.

Well, not this year this year. But some year. And the year it does happen I'll bring this post back and laugh in all your faces.

Remember that thread back in 1998 when everyone told me I would NOT move to Hong Kong? Suckers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes