PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis meeting with Jets brass about extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! I laugh at the Jests' impending misfortune.:singing:

Screw the Green Beans and their desperate, sick little franchise.*

* I do look froward to buying prime sideline seat tix at face value for the Pats game at the "new" Meadowlands, thanks to Woody Johnson's failed PSL campaign.

Last edited:
Tannenbaum has been setting up for this off-season.

He traded Kerry Rhodes and his HUGE contract away and then cut Alan Faneca, taking a 5 mill hit this year but getting rid of future contract years.

He's planning on keeping Revis, Mangold, Harris and don't forget about Brick Ferguson, one of the most underrated Left Tackle's in the game.

However these guys saw how the team treated Leon Washington, a lockerroom favorite and they are all business when talking about their contracts so far.

Hopefully the Jets won't keep them all.

Between the 4 of Mangold, Brick, Revis and Harris I'd actually drop Mangold first if given the choice. He's the best center in the league but a center nonetheless.

Screw the Green Beans and their desperate, sick little franchise.*

* I do look froward to buying prime sideline seat tix at face value for the Pats game at the "new" Meadowlands, thanks to Woody Johnson's failed PSL campaign.

EDIT:It's the "new" Giants stadium......jesters are still just sharecroppers.:rocker:

Tannenbaum has been setting up for this off-season.

He traded Kerry Rhodes and his HUGE contract away and then cut Alan Faneca, taking a 5 mill hit this year but getting rid of future contract years.

He's planning on keeping Revis, Mangold, Harris and don't forget about Brick Ferguson, one of the most underrated Left Tackle's in the game.

However these guys saw how the team treated Leon Washington, a lockerroom favorite and they are all business when talking about their contracts so far.

Hopefully the Jets won't keep them all.

Between the 4 of Mangold, Brick, Revis and Harris I'd actually drop Mangold first if given the choice. He's the best center in the league but a center nonetheless.

I don't know if I'd call him the "best" but he's certainly pretty good. I would keep him over Harris. Sanchez will get demolished if there's a guy snapping him the ball that gets run over time and time again.

Originally Posted by KontradictioN
Half of their team is going to be wanting new contracts pretty soon.

Yup they need to win now.

They have a short window here then they're in cap hell, not sure whos pulling the purse strings over there but they're certainly not thinking long term. They decided to go for it.
I heard Felger talking the other day that the Pats should have given Brady more weapons because his prime years are here or already gone. I see his point but in a few years Brady will be gone but Ill still be here.

While Revis is a good player, they'd probably be better off trying to lock up Mangold. Everyone knows effective O-lines start from the inside-out and O-linemen last longer. Plus, Revis ain't gonna be a shutdown corner forever. Age will catch up or injuries will occur and before you know it, they're gonna be stuck with an over-paid CB whose skills are deteriorating. That being said, I honestly don't mind if they lock him up.

top 3 dumbest post in posting history. of course he's not gonna be a shutdown corner forever! however he's 24 and has never been hurt, so i don't understand what your getting at...

my guess is he'll get 5-6 years at 10mil/yr. for me, that's a bargain to take away half the field for the better part of the next decade...

i laugh at the pats current misfortune

We laugh at the 40 plus years of complete bumbling futility coupled with the most moronic fanbase in ANY sport...YOUR NY Rats...

jest.jpg

:confused:

The Patriots had an unacceptable season for them. They were "only" 10-6 and the AFCE champions. I'm not sure that anyone other than the Colts are really in a position to laugh at that.

They have a short window here then they're in cap hell, not sure whos pulling the purse strings over there but they're certainly not thinking long term. They decided to go for it.
I heard Felger talking the other day that the Pats should have given Brady more weapons because his prime years are here or already gone. I see his point but in a few years Brady will be gone but Ill still be here.

Please provide evidence of why the Jets will shortly be in cap hell.

Last edited:
El Bretto Offseason Whingo did pretty well in his twilight years with the Vikings this past season. Brady has enough offensive talent around him to play well this season IMO.

The funny thing is that if you really believed this, you wouldn't be here trying to defend your team's honor. Case in point: I'm not buying into the Jets offseason hype once again this year. Hence, I don't care to go to JetsInsider or GangGreen and defend the Pats' honor. Why? I don't need to. I honestly believe that your overpriced, overhyped team will fall on their faces this year. It's simple psychology, my friend.

There's no cap, genius.

There's no cap, genius.

Yeah, I think thats kinda his point, the Jets are acting like there never will be one, and the only way that happens is if there isnt an NFL.

Please provide evidence of why the Jets will shortly be in cap hell.

Please give evidence they won't be. The fact of the matter is no one knows because no one knows what the new CBA will have in it. One thing we do know is that the cap growth of the past three or four years prior to this year is likely a thing of the past. The growth of the cap will either slow or stop with a new CBA. What we don't know is how much it will slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes