PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis meeting with Jets brass about extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, he is their best player by far. I didn't see any doubt that he would be going anywhere any time soon. Hopefully, it is a market setting deal that will hurt their flexibility if in the new CBA that there is a slower growing or stalled cap number as many believe will happen.

You thought they'd let him get away ? The big thing is that he makes the big money so they have to pay big for a big time player as opposed to getting him dirt cheap.

A guy can hope, can't he? I would have loved to see him with a Flying Elvis on his helmet.

He's the best defensive player in the league, the Jets would be insane not to resign him.

Smart move by the Jets to lock him up long term, they also have Mangold and Harris wanting new contracts as well. Only 2 of the 3 are going to get them with Harris being the odd man out. WR Edwards is probably gone after this upcoming season since he is still on a 1 year deal, plus the acquisition of Holmes kinda screwed him out of a contract extension with the Jets.

Last edited:
Smart move by the Jets to lock him up long term, they also have Mangold and Harris wanting new contracts as well. Only 2 of the 3 are going to get them with Harris being the odd man out.

Half of their team is going to be wanting new contracts pretty soon.

They'd be silly to let him within a breath of FA

He's a terrific football player and any team would be fortunate have him.

Still, the Jets can (and likely will) screw this up by overpaying him.

How much is he going to get a year? He and Asomougha are the best CBs in the league.

I deleted my post because I had his contract wrong...never mind

Last edited:
While Revis is a good player, they'd probably be better off trying to lock up Mangold. Everyone knows effective O-lines start from the inside-out and O-linemen last longer. Plus, Revis ain't gonna be a shutdown corner forever. Age will catch up or injuries will occur and before you know it, they're gonna be stuck with an over-paid CB whose skills are deteriorating. That being said, I honestly don't mind if they lock him up.

Last edited:
While Revis is a good player, they'd probably be better off trying to lock up Mangold. Everyone knows effective O-lines start from the inside-out and O-linemen last longer. Plus, Revis ain't gonna be a shutdown corner forever. Age will catch up or injuries will occur and before you know it, they're gonna be stuck with an over-paid CB whose skills are deteriorating. That being said, I honestly don't mind if they lock him up.

Of course not forever, but he will be a very good corner for quite some time.

A guy can hope, can't he? I would have loved to see him with a Flying Elvis on his helmet.

Couldn't agree more. But much like we've seen with other great players we've craved for in the past, some way or another Revis would probably "not fit the scheme" according to BB.

Speaking of shutdown corners, everyone's raving about that Patrick Peterson from LSU for the 2011 draft. Is this guy for real or is this all hype? I'm just curious because I hardly see any LSU games in New York.

the Jets are going to need to rob a bank to keep everyone happy.

Seems accurate if "bank" is referring to Jets fans and "rob" means charging "market value" for PSL's. They still have 10,000+ banks to rob.

They have Revis under contract for three more seasons so I don't see what the rush is. He can void his contract after this season. He is only making $1 million this year.

The Jets can buy buy years 5 and 6 for $5 and $15 million. He's essentially signed with the Jets for 3 more seasons at a total of $26 million. They do not have the ability to franchise him after year 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes