PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis absolutely shredding Asante Samuel on Twitter tonight

Glorious to see. It’s a little hard to follow but it seems like there was a current NFL CB ranking list put out and for whatever reason Asante had problems with Sauce Gardner being ranked #2 overall and was criticizing him. I’m late to the party here so I didn’t really see his criticisms of Gardner (it seemed like he was basically saying Gardner isn’t that good and people only think he’s good because he plays in New York…?), but then Revis appeared and absolutely destroyed Samuel saying that Rex Ryan used to coach their WRs that he fell for the double move every time so the entire team called him the “double move king.”

Samuel responded by saying “I’m in the history books what about you?” Revis said uh try again I’m literally a 1st ballot hall of famer… as if Samuel literally forgot who Revis is…

The back and forth is amazing, Revis is destroying him, but it caps off with this GEM of a tweet where Revis attaches a video of the infamous Asante drop…

1689126527461.png

Never expected Revis of all people to be chirping about Asante’s big blunder but I will take it. Check out his timeline for more:

butters-south-park.gif

Glorious to see. It’s a little hard to follow but it seems like there was a current NFL CB ranking list put out and for whatever reason Asante had problems with Sauce Gardner being ranked #2 overall and was criticizing him. I’m late to the party here so I didn’t really see his criticisms of Gardner (it seemed like he was basically saying Gardner isn’t that good and people only think he’s good because he plays in New York…?), but then Revis appeared and absolutely destroyed Samuel saying that Rex Ryan used to coach their WRs that he fell for the double move every time so the entire team called him the “double move king.”

Samuel responded by saying “I’m in the history books what about you?” Revis said uh try again I’m literally a 1st ballot hall of famer… as if Samuel literally forgot who Revis is…

The back and forth is amazing, Revis is destroying him, but it caps off with this GEM of a tweet where Revis attaches a video of the infamous Asante drop…

View attachment 51616

Never expected Revis of all people to be chirping about Asante’s big blunder but I will take it. Check out his timeline for more:

Proof Revis is a member of Patsfans.com. Lol.

Had Samuel caught that ball, he gets the keys to the City of Boston forever.

It would've been even more interesting had Revis pointed out Samuel daydreaming on the following play forcing Harrison to body up against Tyree. Eli would've taken the sack had Samuel just ran with him. It would've been 4th and 10 with a sack.

Last edited:
Hopefully this gets him to stfu going forward.

Yep.

S6 of Cobra Kai should be out soon?
What? He thinks he is winning the argument.
Asante feels he was not portrayed in the media well, he did not get the right media coverage, as Boston is just haters, he did not get support from his coaches, people don’t see his ints, he does not get… and finally BB messed with his career.

View attachment 51616

If Asante somehow comes back at him after this (unlikely), Revis should counter with Samuel pulling up to watch the Tyreek Hill helmet catch instead of helping Rodney stop the play. That was even worse than the dropped interception.

What if Asante admits he dropped the pick on purpose?
I think the internet would explode.

I will never not smile when I remember that arguably the best player in Jets history won his only ring in his one season with New England.
Then the Jets significantly overpaid him (via tampering) to get him to come back after that and he proceeded to do very little for them except take up cap space. I remember Jets fans showboating how they had somehow gotten one over on the Patriots because Revis came back to them instead of staying in NE. A lot of good that did them.

Kind of reminds me of this season tbh with how Jets fans think they’re Championship bound because Rodgers was traded there. We’ll see guys - you’re still the J-E-T-E, things will inevitably go sideways.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back