PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone here consider Asante Samuel to be a "Legend"?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you consider Asante Samuel to be a "Patriots Legend"?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • No.

Votes: 64 84.2%
  • Who??

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were so bad in the secondary from 2010-13.. Giving up an average of 400 yards passing.. that was due to the bust of Wheatley, butler, whilhite, to name a few.. had these guys panned out we likely would have had at least 1 more Lombardi. Our offense was scoring on basically every drive
They sure as hell turned that around fast.
It was immediately followed by the Pats 3 of 5 SB wins (a whisker from 4 of 5 which would be the best for any team) but was following their 3 of 4 from ten years earlier.
Holy crap they were great.

They sure as hell turned that around fast.
It was immediately followed by the Pats 3 of 5 SB wins (a whisker from 4 of 5 which would be the best for any team) but was following their 3 of 4 from ten years earlier.
Holy crap they were great.
It's should have been 5 of 5.. the secondary as I was saying is what prevented us.. our offense was a well oiled machine.. Brady scoring on basically every drive it seemed..

2008 assante drops the pick, Hobbs was over matched... we know what happened..

In 2011-12 the replacements players in the secondary.. sterling Moore and Co. Allowed a 50 yard completion to Manningham in superbowl When that happened I knew the game was over.

2012-2013 AFC championship against ravens once Talib went out Flacco torched us at home

2013-2014 repeat performance by Talib at Broncos once he went out Manning went to work.

2015-2016 Starting out on fire going 10-0 then losses down the stretch. We made it back to Denver for AFC championship
Collins forgot how to defend TEs thus loosing.

2017-2018

Our secondary allowed record performances by back up foles.. Brady was sensational that game however the secondary with Jordan Richard's just couldn't hold up. Another superbowl loss

Ted Johnson also mentioned this on his show some time ago. He said he and Drew Bledsoe told Bob Kraft to not sign him within the first few practices.
1689345910907.png
That's as savage a comment as you'll ever hear from Pete about another player. Says it all about Canty.

Last edited:
It should have been 5 of 5
Nobody's perfect, including Coach Belichick.
2008 assante drops the pick, Hobbs was over matched... we know what happened
Bill just had the team flat as a pancake vs. the Giants. He just couldn't bring himself to get them fired up against his beloved old team.
In 2011-12 the replacements players in the secondary.. sterling Moore and Co. Allowed a 50 yard completion to Manningham in superbowl When that happened I knew the game was over
Wes needs to hang on to it.
2013-2014 repeat performance by Talib at Broncos once he went out Manning went to work.
14 total rushing attempts including five (5) for Blount. Fatal.
2015-2016 Starting out on fire going 10-0 then losses down the stretch. We made it back to Denver for AFC championship
Collins forgot how to defend TEs thus losing
Going for it TWICE in the fourth quarter in field goal range. Ghost would have made them, and the O-line gave us no chance at a first.
Took six points off the scoreboard and killed us.
2017-2018

Our secondary allowed record performances by back up foles.. Brady was sensational that game however the secondary with Jordan Richard's just couldn't hold up. Another superbowl loss
Sometimes Bill gets the intangibles.

And, unfortunately, as here, he does not. At all. Not even close. Totally clueless.

Um, no, it's not worth giving up a championship over principles about player discipline. And Belichick should know that often players who practice crappily go out and play great in the game. Belichick does lack a personal connection with players. Professionally, yes, but motivationally and emotionally he turned Malcolm Butler into Eugene Robinson and the results were the same.

Bill just had the team flat as a pancake vs. the Giants. He just couldn't bring himself to get them fired up against his beloved old team.

Going for it TWICE in the fourth quarter in field goal range. Ghost would have made them, and the O-line gave us no chance at a first.

And, unfortunately, as here, he does not. At all. Not even close. Totally clueless.

Um, no, it's not worth giving up a championship over principles about player discipline. And Belichick should know that often players who practice crappily go out and play great in the game. Belichick does lack a personal connection with players. Professionally, yes, but motivationally and emotionally he turned Malcolm Butler into Eugene Robinson and the results were the same.
Totally agree!! And you make valid points. I was just making light of the years we had terrible secondary play.. it all came to roost in big moments.. we couldn't stop or slow opponents enough to give out offense a chance in enough times.

We had the Giants backed deep at thier own 1.. that 50 yard pass is unacceptable in a big moment.. yeah Welkers play as well.. but I believe it was more on the defense thos years.. boy looking back we were awesome offensively..

This is simply false. Diggs was the only WR that gave him trouble. The rest he locked down. He went up against many #1's and Diggs was the only WR that went over 100 yards on him. The others had mostly pedestrian stats.

But I think his injury is going to ruin his career.
I haven't really been following this closely. Last I heard I thought there was positive news on his knee rehab, no?

I haven't really been following this closely. Last I heard I thought there was positive news on his knee rehab, no?
Players have certainly bounced back before, but the Chargers medical staff really messed up suiting him up for opening night 4 weeks removed from surgery. It looked like he was jogging. Then he got injured a few weeks later probably due to his body overcompensating for his weak ankle.

Mac was out 3 weeks for an ankle sprain, but JC Jackson returns 4 weeks after surgery? I'm no Doctor, but that was idiotic.

Last edited:

2011-12 The safety for intentional grounding on the first offensive play changed the options at the end of the game. Very significant.

So I see 3 voters for "yes" are trolling.

Ok. Just saw the article title above saying "Patriots Legend sends brutal message to Bill Belichick". Clicked on it and it was Asante Samuel running his mouth yet again.

Personally, the guy is a gigantic POS who can't stop running his mouth. He CHOKED against the 2007 Giants and was responsible for 2 HUGE catches that they had and for not pulling down an interception that was through his hands.
Good player for sure, with a few excellent seasons. He is annoying though, what is with his axe to grind? That the Pats didn’t pay him enough?

He acts like Belichick did nothing for him. Bill drafted and helped develop him from rookie to all-pro. He also peaked in 2006-2007, he was never as good once he left.

Good player for sure, with a few excellent seasons. He is annoying though, what is with his axe to grind? That the Pats didn’t pay him enough?

He acts like Belichick did nothing for him. Bill drafted and helped develop him from rookie to all-pro. He also peaked in 2006-2007, he was never as good once he left.

He went the route many CB's go after leaving the Patriots: into a system with a HC who didn't understand how to make them play to their potential. This one of the bigger indicators of how good of a defensive coach BB is. Lots of players get big paydays after their stay in Foxboro and I swear most of them seem to never live up to the promise they showed in Boston.

No. When I think Patriots legends I think of Bruschi, Law, Seymour, Brown, Vrabel, Light, Branch, Harrison, Gronk, Edelman, McCourty, Hightower, White, Vinatieri, Gostowski, Mankins, Ninkovitch, Wilfork, and that one QB who played with them.

Samuel I think of in the same vein as a Jamie Collins. Here for a short burst. Had a couple strong years. Not the best at following assignments. Didn't really cement himself as a cornerstone.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back