PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone here consider Asante Samuel to be a "Legend"?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you consider Asante Samuel to be a "Patriots Legend"?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • No.

Votes: 64 84.2%
  • Who??

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit: Sorry, I know these guys are safeties, along with Roland James, Devin, Ron Hall, Tim Fox

51cI1yr0DNL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg

https://www.deseret.com/2012/11/19/...-afl-legend-****-felt-made-lasting-impression

51kT910yuWL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Yes I was only doing corners or I could have added a dozen more names. Also on your other post those guys are before my time.

Earthwind Moreland
Forgot about Chris Canty being on that list.

1689100850650.png

Says it better than me. When you're getting picked on by Zo and Troy Brown and they're laughing at you and Pete has to tell them to ease up on you... then maybe NFL football is not your thing. :D SMH...

Last edited:
Joejuan Williams
Deltha O'Neal
Cyrus the Virus
Jordan Richards

All should be on the #2 list. Well maybe a different kind of #2....
We were so bad in the secondary from 2010-13.. Giving up an average of 400 yards passing.. that was due to the bust of Wheatley, butler, whilhite, to name a few.. had these guys panned out we likely would have had at least 1 more Lombardi. Our offense was scoring on basically every drive

[
Have to remember.. 2014 was 9 years after cry baby Bill polian got the rules changed.... Revis island and Brandon the boom browner were awesome that season.. they struck fear in WRs especially going across the middle.. to be a lock down secondary in 2014 was dam good.. early 2ks was a free for all for DBs..

They had a rough time in the playoffs, that's the only knock I can really think of against that duo.

We were so bad in the secondary from 2010-13.. Giving up an average of 400 yards passing.. that was due to the bust of Wheatley, butler, whilhite, to name a few.. had these guys panned out we likely would have had at least 1 more Lombardi. Our offense was scoring on basically every drive

I was more scared of 3rd & 10's that season than 3rd and shorts lmao.

Tried to refresh the poll, but it must be broken or something. Didn’t see the 4th option and actual answer on there.

Revis and Browner were the two best we had on the field at one time IMO. Ty was a gamer, he showed up when it was needed the most, like his pick 6 vs Rams, and his three INTs vs Manning in the AFCCG. I don't know if he was the best we had, we had some damned good CBs, but he stepped up when the lights were brightest, unlike The Legend In His Own Mind. (TLIHOM?) Gilmore is certainly at or near the tops of the list of all time Pats CBs, and that's saying something.

"Cut that meat!" era. I'll never forget it or stop laughing

Forgot about Chris Canty being on that list.

View attachment 51613

Says it better than me. When you're getting picked on by Zo and Troy Brown and they're laughing at you and Pete has to tell them to ease up on you... then maybe NFL football is not your thing. :D SMH...
Ted Johnson also mentioned this on his show some time ago. He said he and Drew Bledsoe told Bob Kraft to not sign him within the first few practices.

Reactions: sb1
Devin McCourty was part of the problem as well. Now he was someone that was getting torched. There was a heated debate during the year regarding his move to FS from CB.

Devin McCourty was part of the problem as well. Now he was someone that was getting torched. There was a heated debate during the year regarding his move to FS from CB.
He was.. and I believe that's because tape was on out on him and OCs tested him to see if that All- PRO selection was valid.. we found out early on that season... McCourty yeah his second season at CB didn't go well. Your right that performance was worse than JC Jackson.. however JCs performance against #1s is still a close second!

"Cut that meat!" era. I'll never forget it or stop laughing
I still put Ty at the top.. he was doing this at a higher level and as you said he was a gamer.. never saw him get routinely torched by WRs in his own division.. every time they play.. sure there plays here and there he gave up. However ty never got embarrassed.. playoffs he showed up big time!!

2011 was a fun year for other teams playing our secondary. They gave up:
416 yards passing to Chad Henne
369 yards to Fitzmagic
344 yards to Jason Campbell
400 yards to Vince Young
353 yards and a 113 passer rating to Dan Orlovsky and his 2-14 Colts
252 yards rushing to Tebow's Broncos
281 yards and a 99 rating to Matt Moore

Brady's back must have given out carrying that team on his shoulders all the way to the Super Bowl.

2011 was a fun year for other teams playing our secondary. They gave up:
416 yards passing to Chad Henne
369 yards to Fitzmagic
344 yards to Jason Campbell
400 yards to Vince Young
338 yards to Dan Orlovsky and his 2-14 Colts
252 yards rushing to Tebow's Broncos

Brady's back must have given out carrying that team on his shoulders all the way to the Super Bowl.
Great, great stats.. that year felt to me like BB was almost saying.. well Tom the defense carried you for a while now it's time for you to carry the defense.. LOL..

He was.. and I believe that's because tape was on out on him and OCs tested him to see if that All- PRO selection was valid.. we found out early on that season... McCourty yeah his second season at CB didn't go well. Your right that performance was worse than JC Jackson.. however JCs performance against #1s is still a close second!
I dunno man. Devin was pretty horrible that second year. The move to safety turned out to be brilliant.

I dunno man. Devin was pretty horrible that second year. The move to safety turned out to be brilliant.
Yeah man.. but what I'm trying to say is.. the ENTIRE secondary was awful.. we had terrible safety play.. Chung we thought would be a bust.. Merriweather was a head hunter and allowed huge gains... I mentioned about JC that at some point you gotta stop letting the bully take your lunch money and that's what Diggs has done to him.. McCourty had absolutely no safety support JC did.

I know he made a legendary mistake/blunder in 2007 hat cost us a SB and a completely perfect season…..Hard pass for me

Well I'll say this.. even the most die hard of fans I'd imagine weren't fully emotionally invested during early 90s til about the Parcells era.. LOL because we were loosing.. I'll say this..

We had Talib for a cup of coffee.. he was pretty good but couldn't stay healthy.

Revis for a season he was great once he was asked to play man.. he was playing zone early on and was giving up plays...

Then we had the butler.. Malcom was great and played with heart.

However gilly was a different type of player.. his game, his body type was more line with Ty to me.

So my opinion I'd say gilly for sure.. when you can go to YouTube and search 2004
AFC champion game.. we won 21-3 picked off Manning 3 times. Look at Ty Law's performance in that game.
I don't care for the narrative that Tuna Crap saved this franchise. He didn't.
The Pats had winning teams in every decade before that back-stabber showed up.
And when they did make it to the SB with him he had been playing footsie with the Jets for the year.
If you look closely at Tuna Crap's coaching history you'll see that his greatest gift was going to a team whose record was so poor that they had great picks and were likely to improve.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back